PDA

View Full Version : CLEAR COAT In a Can -Good stuff

88AMCOMANCHE
04-01-2011, 08:12 AM
Just passing this along to anyone who may be doing any bodywork at home or in their garage. I finally broke down & painted my Hood & drvs fender and front clip to match with the rest of the truck. Heard about a product.Was sceptical,seen nuthing but good reviews. its Clear coat in a can (RATTLECAN)..... Long story long...............Its called SPRAYMAX and I ordered a can (under 20$) and used it......and it does Exactly what it says it does. Gives professional results! from a CAN!! I could only get 2 solid coats on my HOOD,FENDER & FRONT CLIP. But- I only spent about 20.00 on walmart rattlecans,a pack of assorted sandpaper & then 18 & some change for the Spraymax. very satisfied with the results. - Just passsing it along for anyone who needs some really good clearcoat .

LizardRunner
04-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Thanks for this tip. I'm going to have to give da lizard a paint job and this may make it far cheeper than taking it to the spray booth and paying my painter buddy. I'll have to really check this product out.

PolarXJ
04-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Where did you pick up the spraymax?

Mudderoy
04-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Just passing this along to anyone who may be doing any bodywork at home or in their garage. I finally broke down & painted my Hood & drvs fender and front clip to match with the rest of the truck. Heard about a product.Was sceptical,seen nuthing but good reviews. its Clear coat in a can (RATTLECAN)..... Long story long...............Its called SPRAYMAX and I ordered a can (under 20$) and used it......and it does Exactly what it says it does. Gives professional results! from a CAN!! I could only get 2 solid coats on my HOOD,FENDER & FRONT CLIP. But- I only spent about 20.00 on walmart rattlecans,a pack of assorted sandpaper & then 18 & some change for the Spraymax. very satisfied with the results. - Just passsing it along for anyone who needs some really good clearcoat .

I'd love to see a picture of your efforts. I bought some factory red and clear coat in small rattle cans. I was painting front end parts. The Ironman4x4fab.com lower control arms were painted with the factory red and clear coat.

BrianXJ
04-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I agree Tony!
:worthlesspics:

Pics of Finished Items would be nice. Thinking about fixing the Dino-Heep then painting it myself.

88AMCOMANCHE
04-12-2011, 05:09 PM
My camera was dropped & the veiw finder doesnt work. Also theres a Kodak software c onflict on my computer.........so,taking pix and getting them on here is a bit challenging, But let me see what I can do.This stuff in the can is awesome for home painting in my opinion.