PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day when this happens (Real, or Set up?)

4x4Dalton
03-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Was lookin on local Craigs List and found this post,careful its disturbing to young and old viewers alike....http://blacksburg.craigslist.org/pts/2293413625.html

prcjeep
03-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Wow... I cant imagine how pissed i would be if this were me... Condolences to this guy... When I get some pricey tires i will buy some keyed lug nuts... Sure they might be able to go and buy the same kind and have their own key but would definately deter the common crook

rguignard
03-29-2011, 07:46 PM
link no workie

DETOURS
03-29-2011, 07:57 PM
No can see.......:thumbdown:

prcjeep
03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
LOOKING FOR STOLEN MUD TIRES!!! (Christiansburg)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-03-29, 12:59PM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I was woke up to be told that all the wheels and tires were stolen off my Jeep wrangler. They are 33X12.50 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders on aluminum rims. These jerks even replaced them with four beat up old steel wheels painted green which is shown below along side the ones that were stolen. If you have any information I would be willing to offer a reward. A police report was filed so if you see my stolen property let me know and I'll throw you some cash for helping me out

Heres his tires
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/tire1.jpg

and heres the ones they left him

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/tire2.jpg

DETOURS
03-29-2011, 08:13 PM
THAT LOOKS LIKE RENE'S GREEN PAINT!!!! :rolleyes:
Kinda funny they brought tires & rims with them..............:headshake:

prcjeep
03-29-2011, 08:14 PM
THAT LOOKS LIKE RENE'S GREEN PAINT!!!! :rolleyes:
Kinda funny they brought tires & rims with them..............:headshake:

lol its does.... RENE.... You been up in Christiansburg lately??

Mudderoy
03-29-2011, 08:28 PM
In Texas you can use deadly force on anyone stealing your stuff at night. That includes the repo man!

People laugh at me for having a alarm with 2 stage microwave motion detector on my Jeep! That $200 alarm is the price of 1 new tire. :patriot:

Weldmen
03-29-2011, 08:31 PM
In Texas you can use deadly force on anyone stealing your stuff at night. That includes the repo man!

People laugh at me for having a alarm with 2 stage microwave motion detector on my Jeep! That $200 alarm is the price of 1 new tire. :patriot:

Yes that might be true. But you will also need to have an attorney on retainer in-case you do drop a thief. And about $20 grand

Mudderoy
03-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Yes that might be true. But you will also need to have an attorney on retainer in-case you do drop a thief. And about $20 grand

To be clear I am not suggesting that anyone kill someone over Jeep parts, I was only indicating the extreme danger when people decide to steal in the state of Texas.

Weldmen
03-29-2011, 08:35 PM
To be clear I am not suggesting that anyone kill someone over Jeep parts, I was only indicating the extreme danger when people decide to steal in the state of Texas.

I have my C&C permit also. But the Laws must be way different in Tx than in Wi.

bluedragon436
03-29-2011, 08:45 PM
Yeah I plan to get some keyed wheel locks for my Jeep, not sure why I haven't done that yet honestly.. But yeah, I would def. shoot at someone for stealing my shit... now if happens to disappear into the wild blue yonder, that my Jeep with my still secure larger tires can get too... that's not my fault... Stuff like this pisses me off, I don't own much, and what I do own, I don't want some punk *** stealing... I wouldn't doubt if they swapped them from their Jeep to this guys Jeep right there in his yard... at least it's not left up on blocks I guess..

bigjim350
03-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Seems fishy to me. The fact that someone took the time to put those green wheels on there makes me think its some buddies playing a practical joke.

cantab27
03-29-2011, 09:53 PM
wounder if he would sell me the green ones

XJ Rat
03-30-2011, 06:41 AM
Many years ago, I caught a guy stealing my tires/rims off my old F150 in a parking lot. He was bent over and removing the lug nuts on the left front tire. Didn't even look up. My foot meet his face. He was out cold and missing several teeth. The cop and the fire department both laughed at this guys stupidity. He was now in jail and missing some teeth.

Oh yeah, I had locking lugs. He already had all of them off.

Mudderoy
03-30-2011, 06:43 AM
Yeah I agree with Jim, taking extra time to put the wheels on isn't something I would expect anyone really fearful of being caught would do.

Man that would be hell though. You buddies pull a prank on you and then you go whine to craigslist. I'd make that into a big poster and pull it out when everyone needed a great laugh at the guys expense.

DETOURS
03-30-2011, 08:58 AM
wounder if he would sell me the green ones

Thankyou for my morning laugh. :thumbsup:

rguignard
03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
and no it wasnt me :smiley-laughing021: just cause i like green

4x4Dalton
03-30-2011, 04:14 PM

Yeah it coulda never been Rene. Ya know the Pool Noodle Bandit would have left a callin card or at least a business card for the guy to join xjtalk :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

LizardRunner
03-31-2011, 12:48 PM

Hmmmm, first to deny it is usually the guilty party. :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
03-31-2011, 07:36 PM
It would be nothing for Rene to send a can of paint to Bear..........Not that I'm suggesting Bear had a desire for tires or Rene wants to paint the world green or anything..............:rolleyes: