PDA

View Full Version : Seriously?!?!? (I was involved in a hit and run!)

XJ4IV
03-28-2011, 09:45 PM
Soooo Today the family decided to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner as we are driving down the road through an intersection the fellow in front of me stopped, So did I... the JEEP behind me... not so much! I look up JUST in time to see the red JK come over the crest of the intersection at speed Then I hear the tires on the pavement. The Jeep SLAMS into us... no big deal we are OK but tour honda is toasted. so I drive just about 100 feet to the nearest place to swap info... only to look in the rearview to see wether the OTHER driver intends on turning to the LEFT or the RIGHT.... only to find the driver decides to Turn LEFT and GONE!!!!
I immediately called 911 and talked to the dispatch officer as I tracked down the idiot who STILL has on of my tail lights attached to the bumper of the jeep! Being a courteous driver I had to wait for the other drivers at a stop light ( I wasnt in my jeep) so once I make the turn I see the jeep is now totally gone.
So I ended up circling back around to pick up the remains of the honda and in my sideview I see the red jeep pulling out of a business complex and dart across traffic to once again evade myself... THIS SUCKS!
So I decide to try and catch up again WHILE on the phone with the POlice HA!
only to once again have to wait on a stop sign where others are cordially waiting.
So i ended up just stopping and telling the police where I was to make a report, well while waiting for the people who "serve and protect" to show up... 6 wreckers are on site and one of the guys noticed that the licenseplate left a pretty hefty mark on the bumper of my car and that much damage would have definitely made the plate come off the other vehicle and he suggested I go back and see.
I took his advice and upon arriving at the scene of the incident sure enough there is the red jeep STOPPED in the middle of the road and one of the passengers is out to retrieve the plate, I pulled up and intercepted the plate myself and when I did this the jeep driver AGAIN tried to leave! but no worries as I NOW have their PHYSICAL license plate in my hand! now mind you the driver LEFT their friend on the side of the road while they tried to make a clean getaway! So I pulled next to the jeep to see... a cutsie little Teenage girl driving... OMG
I pulled in front of her and showed her the plate and told her she needs to pull into the parking lot she agreed!
when we got out of the cars I said uh hello hit and RUN!!! called a felony! she began to tell me she didnt run... I laughed and she immediately called daddy and told him HER version of the occurence she said that she was waiting on the side of the road for me I said ok whatever I said YOU HIT ME... you LEFT the scene.... no matter HOW you look at it, thats a hit and run she then tried to tell me that somebody hit her jeep and I said BS nobody hit your jeep this was her SECOND mistake... she said sir this is a jeep and you cant see or FEEL damage when somebody hits you... I corrected her by saying "hi I drive a real jeep and I know all about how jeeps feel and respond to a collision" I even threw in there that I drive a REAL jeep lol
Anyhow mom n dad show up on scene and whip out the ole checkbook to make it all go away mom said what do you want to see happen here tonight... I said well given the circumstances that your daughter smashed into MY car WITH MY FAMILY IN IT and THEN tried to LEAVE I feel its important that an officer know what happened... well come to find out this particular idiot girl had JUST gotten her license... like two HOURS prior to hitting me... and she had two other teeny boppers in there with her...
Anyhow Im so apauled at the situation that I told the mom that I think that the best plan is to have an officer present so we know we got everything done properly... she kept saying that we dont need to involve the police to make things more complicated... blah blah blah so on and so forth.
Long story short after dealing with mom the silver tongue devil and the CLUELESS daughter and the almighty powerful harris county sheriff deputy I decided that WITH a report AND a claim number that I was satisfied that These douche bags had enough money to buy a damn good lawyer to get this turned around on ME so I took the info and SEVERAL pictures of the situation and decieded to take the insurance WITH a claim number already and be on our merry way
So here is what I ended up with
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG163.jpg
Trunk was rippled
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG164.jpg
I noticed THIS on the rear driver side door
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG165.jpg
so I opened the door to find this nice little small crease
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG167.jpg
So I checked UNDER the wheel well to see if any extensive damage occured...
hard to tell
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG166.jpg
so I checked the passenger side to compare, it looked the same soooooo....
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG168.jpg
the subframe is jacked to crap
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG169.jpg
Then I noticed that there was another ripple in the driver rear quarter
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG170.jpg
soooo remember when she said somebody hit her jeep which made her hit me...
Hmmmmm I dont see so much as a RUB MARK from someone making contact with her!
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m590/XJ4IV/IMG162.jpg
I hate dealing with little kids who will do ANYTHING to cover their ***!
Anyhow we are all ok I will take the car in the shop tomorrow to see what the deal is and we will also get a rental!

cantab27
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
good to see you and your family are ok scotters.... you done the right thing with getting the law involved......sounds like the little princess needs a good shark kick up the backside....(gotta watch them there red jeep drivers)

XJ4IV
03-28-2011, 10:06 PM
yeah we went back home to get MY jeep and on the way BACK to the restaraunt I was passed by another 4 door red JK... I got all nervous!

XJ4IV
03-28-2011, 10:13 PM
I kinda felt bad cause I didnt warn my family that we were gonna get hit... but i DID think fast enough to STAND on my brakes and turn the wheels away from the car in front of me!
its kinda like Dane Cook says... " you meant to say DAMN were gonna get hit but all that came out was VEBRUAHHHHH"

bluedragon436
03-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Wow... glad that you guys were ok, and that you were able to have the police report written up... would have been even more fun to have just the plate, and no red Jeep there when the police had shown up... Are you running this through your insurance or theirs?? I would assume theirs, as they were the ones that hit you...

XJ4IV
03-28-2011, 10:19 PM
oh theirs TOTALLY! I think Im gonna keep on to this and if things go rye during the repairs then I can always take em to court!

bluedragon436
03-28-2011, 10:20 PM
I hate people, especially kids that have no respect for others... drives me crazy...

XJ4IV
03-28-2011, 10:24 PM
totally wanted to slap the girl... like slap her face OFF! she was SUCH a brat... mom was saying in conversation that she makes her kids work for the things they have.... and I looked at the jeep and kinda chuckled... that was a 28k$ jeep... Ive NEVER owned a car that expensive and Im 31

bluedragon436
03-28-2011, 10:27 PM
I'm with you... I'm 28 almost 29, and haven't owned one over 15k yet, and even that was used as a *********.... I would love to know what young miss did to work for that one...

alwaysxj
03-28-2011, 11:46 PM
DID YOU GET ANY PICS OF THE GIRL....:D
no j/k glad everything is ok. should of been in the jeep and had them right you a check for a new one..:driving:

Mudderoy
03-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Scott I'm so sorry, but very happy that you and your family are ok. You are lucky, very lucky.

4.3LXJ
03-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Glad it worked out. It was a good thing you got the law involved.

rguignard
03-29-2011, 06:27 AM
hey man you should have said ill just take that new jeep :smiley-laughing021:jk man i glad you and family are ok man how does everyone feel today ?

msmoorenburg
03-29-2011, 06:42 AM
Hey Scott it will buff out :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: glad yall are ok. Same thing happened to me when I had my first bike. Just watch out the parents said we have full coverage (just no ins on the daughter driving the jeep) so thankfully I more than liability the bike was totaled, over 5500 in damage and i still rode it home.

bluedragon436
03-29-2011, 06:57 AM
Just watch out the parents said we have full coverage (just no ins on the daughter driving the jeep)

This was something I was kind of thinking, since she had just gotten her lisc. The main reason I was kind of thinking it was because before I PCS'd to Germany my wife's car was rear ended by a kid in a Integra, that thought he was going to race through heavy traffic to catch up to us, he did... and ended up totaling out his car in the process, anyways, he had just gotten his lisc. that day as well, and his parents insurance didn't cover him driving the car yet, as they hadn't added him.. luckily my insurance company didn't take that sitting down, and pushed until their insurance paid out anyways.. sure their insurance wasn't too cheap for a bit after that...

BlueXJ
03-29-2011, 07:17 AM
Glad you are all OK and glad it was your Honda that was injured not your Jeep.

XJ Rat
03-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Scott,

Cars can be replaced. People can't. Good thing you called the police. Hope it all works out for you. If you need any help, let me know.

Glenn

toebee97
03-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Glad to hear you and your family are all ok. It disgusts me how people can be after an accident that's their fault though. When I wrecked my last XJ it was completely her fault, she was even cited at the scene for careless driving. Her friend acted as though I was to blame, and her ex-husband showed up and got all puffed up like he wanted to beat my a$$, even though I did nothing wrong, was going the posted speed limit (45), and she turned without looking 40 feet in front of me. Just shows how stupid people can be when they let a bad situation get the best of them, they just lose all common sense and respect for others. I got the last laugh on that one though, State Farm valued my $300 XJ at around $1500, and I got another $1500 for pain and suffering. And that's how I ended up with the Panda lol. So look on the bright side, maybe they'll total the honda and you can get another XJ! :driving:

prcjeep
03-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Must say its a good thing that none of yall are hurt...

This is the Honda I hit last October... Maybe goin 10 MPH
http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad210/prcrawfo/downsized_1025100722.jpg

There were four hispanic passengers and they all have claimed to my insurance that they had neck and back injuries... (:bsflag:)

Anyways from comparison of your car and the one I hit it's really lucky that yall are okay and I'm glad to hear that yall are

steph74
03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Glad that everybody is OK.... from the damage it definitely look like the impact was heavy...
funny that she had the guts to claim that someone rear ended her...
You did good getting police involved... hope you get lots of money from these people because having an accident is one thing, trying to lie to cover your *** and trying to buy people out.... no no no

I had an altercation once with a guy that Tboned my sister's car (I happened to be on the parking lot).... when I saw the CD on the licence plate (Dipolomatic corps) it knew it was hopeless... but still argued and kept them on the scene until police came.... Turned out the drivers were not diplomatics so not covered by immunity ;) and the country they were from were nice enough to pay for all damages even though they didn;t have too;)

xj4life2
03-29-2011, 10:28 AM
Glad your all ok , I thought Tx was tougher on people than that here in Cal. if you rear end someone its your fault no questions asked and if you leave the scene for any reason its hit and run, and al the money in the world can't fix it. anyway again glad your all ok.

Geo Fry
03-29-2011, 11:11 AM
Yea about 6 months ago I got hit by a 16 year old girl who was driving her daddy's Range Rover while they were out of town. Oh and she only had a permit. That's how my last XJ was totalled. Glad you're ok

Punisher
03-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Glad you and your family is ok...
Good thing you got the lic. plate b4 she did and at least you had witness around to see what happen so that the stupid brat cant try to change the story...:headshake:

modestmar00xj
03-29-2011, 11:55 AM
That is CRAZY! i was getting mad just reading it! lol.

XJ4IV
03-29-2011, 02:54 PM
Glen do yo you still do covert ops? :thumbsup:

DETOURS
03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
Glad you & yours are well.

I love covert ops..........:)

PEI-XJ
03-29-2011, 06:47 PM
good to hear everyone is great and no one hurt

XJ Rat
03-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Glen do yo you still do covert ops? :thumbsup:

It's been a while, but I have a list of items that are proven to work, protect your identity, and generally embarass/make their life miserable :D

LizardRunner
03-30-2011, 10:09 AM
dang crazy people there, glad yall are ok. I had a similar situation a long time back, wife rear ended me and hubby lawyer called me to threaten to take me to court. I told him to go ahead since his wife hit me in the rear and now I had on tape his threats to me. He tried to back out of it all and I just said, oh no we are now going to court and when we come out you will not have your law license anymore. It turned out that way too.

Mudderoy
03-30-2011, 02:57 PM
dang crazy people there, glad yall are ok. I had a similar situation a long time back, wife rear ended me and hubby lawyer called me to threaten to take me to court. I told him to go ahead since his wife hit me in the rear and now I had on tape his threats to me. He tried to back out of it all and I just said, oh no we are now going to court and when we come out you will not have your law license anymore. It turned out that way too.

I'm surprised the audio recording was legal. Oh maybe he left it in a voicemail/answering machine. If so that was dumb.

XJ4IV
03-30-2011, 04:04 PM
yeah these days you gotta warn em that the words can be used against em in court... Miranda Vs Arizona

LizardRunner
03-30-2011, 04:12 PM
oh, I let the lawyer know I was recording when I answered the phone. ya gotta do that for it to stand up in court. I didn't crawl out from under my federal owned rock yesterday afterall. :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: The best one that has ever happened to me was when a police Lt. called the FBI to check me out. He was told "Yes we have a record on him, but you can't get it or be told anything about him." Twenty minutes later, the CIA showed up at his sub-station to arrest him, because he had tried to find out about me. I went out side and asked them what the H they were doing, they told me that it was to keep his interest in me down. So, I looked at both of them and said "Oh, yeah, now he won't have any of his interest piqued about me, no sir, I'm sure he won't wonder at all now."

Mudderoy
03-31-2011, 04:13 AM
oh, I let the lawyer know I was recording when I answered the phone. ya gotta do that for it to stand up in court. I didn't crawl out from under my federal owned rock yesterday afterall. :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021: The best one that has ever happened to me was when a police Lt. called the FBI to check me out. He was told "Yes we have a record on him, but you can't get it or be told anything about him." Twenty minutes later, the CIA showed up at his sub-station to arrest him, because he had tried to find out about me. I went out side and asked them what the H they were doing, they told me that it was to keep his interest in me down. So, I looked at both of them and said "Oh, yeah, now he won't have any of his interest piqued about me, no sir, I'm sure he won't wonder at all now."

Look man if this involves time or space travel we need to get together. :rotfl2:

Firemanray
03-31-2011, 06:03 PM
In Texas as long as one of the parties involved in the conversation knows it's being recorded it's legal.

TeXJ
04-08-2011, 11:23 PM
update?

XJ4IV
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Soooo it wasnt totalled out but it was $700 away from being a total loss... I was trying to figure out how I could get into the repair shop with my jeep and smash it up a little more...
Anyhow we now have the car back and service king did a WONDERFUL job on the body work... just wish the honda dealer who "aligned it" did such quality work... when we got it back the thing pulled to the right pretty good, we brought it back and upon review it looks as thought the dealership BILLED for it but never actually performed the alignment... figures
STEALERSHIP!!!

TeXJ
05-12-2011, 05:40 PM
well at least ya have it back now. Hey did you ever come up this week to Dallas?

XJ4IV
05-12-2011, 11:25 PM
yep for less than 24 hours lol

Melissa
05-16-2011, 08:29 PM
WOW Scott, now that was some drama!! Glad everything worked out and that you and your family was OK.