PDA

View Full Version : Need your help

xj4life2
03-21-2011, 06:08 PM
I have a friend and customer who is trying to get his rig into the tough truck challenge.Last year he missed by only a few votes and this year we would like to see him get his shot. So if you could vote for him It would be great. You can vote I believe at 4 wheeler mag on line or pick up the magazine and vote that way. you can even have your friends vote!! here's his info and thanks !!!
#44 John Retzloff, Covelo, California
1977 GMC K-15
Approach and departure angles are not a big concern for this rig, and we're always impressed with an owner who buys a set of 53-inch government surplus tires to run on his rig. Perhaps readers will reward him for his selfless act of patriotism (helping to pay down the deficit, ya see)-and besides, we've never seen these particular treads at Hollister before.
Engine: Propane-injected 454ci Chevy V-8
Transmission: GM SM465 manual
Transfer case: Custom doubled NP205s
Axles, f/r: Dana 60, relocated 5 inches forward/GM 14-bolt
Traction aids, f/r: Ox Locker/Detroit Locker
Ratio: 4.88:1
Suspension, f/r: 53-in springs, overload leaf/63-in springs, overload leaf, dropped spring hangers
Tires: 53x16R20 government-surplus Goodyear
Special features: Warn 9500ti winch, PSC hydro steering, WFO Concepts Hy-Steer, ORD steering box, bed narrowed to 48 inches, dual; front receiver hitches
here's a link to a picture of the truck ,check out the front licence plate frame !
http://www.fourwheeler.com/top_truck_challenge/129_1104_top_truck_challenge_2011_challengers_the_ top_50/photo_45.html

alwaysxj
03-21-2011, 06:13 PM
that thing is sweet, that durango is a guy up by me his rig is a beast... I will sure to vote.

4x4Dalton
03-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Im gonna vote for yer costumer Mark that thing is a unreal beast and with the license plate frame he cant go wrong :thumbsup: Just checked the website you have to use the ballot inside the magazine so I guess Ill be goin to store and shakin the mags til one falls out lol
Bear

steph74
03-22-2011, 09:06 AM
the link you give is for the picture #45 which is the GMC
The Durango is the #44

So which one is your customer ? I take it is #45
I would vote for him... just because I don;t care, they all look insanely built anyway
However, i cannot seem to figure out how to do that. I know I am dumb or lazy.... or both

BlueXJ
03-22-2011, 09:19 AM
See if you can find a link to the voting. That would assure him getting more votes from XJT members.

xj4life2
03-22-2011, 10:50 AM
ok my bad on the voteing link, they are only doing it out of the Mag. so if you have one or wish to buy one thats the only way you can vote this time, sorry for the bad info. As the link its the GMC that he owns not the Durango. I have some personal pics I'll post if I can find them they give a much better idea of how BIG it really is. Keep in mind those are 53" military tires !!! Mabey a better comparison , I'm 6'4" and I have to literally climb to get up to get in it