PDA

View Full Version : Used the winch for the FIRST time yesterday

firehawk
06-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Finally had a reason to use that motorized "thingy" I paid money for, and is taking up space on my front end.:rotfl2: The corner post with the gate on it where my wife "kept" her horse was leaning over from the weight of the gate. I wrapped my recovery strap around the 6x6 post and pulled it back straight. Badda boom badda bing...sagging gate problem solved!:D

quadracer0387
06-08-2009, 07:27 PM
lol i thought winches were used for vehicle recovery

xjjeepthing
06-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Leave it to Kim to show his wife he did need it

Melissa
06-08-2009, 08:23 PM
And so where are the pictures??? :mad:

firehawk
06-08-2009, 08:47 PM
No camera, sorry.:rolleyes: I straightened the post while my wife was trying to keep her horse on her feet yesterday afternoon. Kind of a waste of time, since there is no horse to keep in the paddock now.

muddeprived
06-08-2009, 09:14 PM
How you like it? Does it spool in fast? Loud? It's a pretty winch that's for sure.

firehawk
06-08-2009, 09:29 PM
How you like it? Does it spool in fast? Loud? It's a pretty winch that's for sure.

While I'm no winch "expert", it does not seem any louder than most winches I've been around. As far as line speed, I didn't really run it for any length of time. I just kind of tugged off and on until the post was straight, so I can't really say how it compares to other winches.:confused:

Melissa
06-08-2009, 10:20 PM
No camera, sorry.:rolleyes: I straightened the post while my wife was trying to keep her horse on her feet yesterday afternoon. Kind of a waste of time, since there is no horse to keep in the paddock now.

I wasn't just messing with you about not taking pictures.

Mudderoy
06-08-2009, 10:40 PM
Finally had a reason to use that motorized "thingy" I paid money for, and is taking up space on my front end.:rotfl2: The corner post with the gate on it where my wife "kept" her horse was leaning over from the weight of the gate. I wrapped my recovery strap around the 6x6 post and pulled it back straight. Badda boom badda bing...sagging gate problem solved!:D

I have to admit I was concerned this was going to be a David Caradine joke! :smiley-gen165:

kryptonitexj
06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
At least you got to use it for a purpose.

DETOURS
06-09-2009, 09:49 AM
You'll find lots of uses for it besides recovery!

firehawk
06-09-2009, 03:40 PM
I have to admit I was concerned this was going to be a David Caradine joke! :smiley-gen165:

You are ONE twisted man.:rotfl2: First of all, my thingy isn't motorized, I GUARRANTY it IS NOT a 6X6 post,:smiley-laughing021: and it ISN"T sagging....well some of the time it "sags", but it WILL straighten up when it needs to!!:thumbsup:

BlueXJ
06-09-2009, 06:35 PM
I have used mine for that same purpose. I poured some concrete around the bottom of my sagging post to keep it upright and let the winch hold it overnight while the concrete hardened.