PDA

View Full Version : Vacation

BrianXJ
03-11-2011, 04:48 AM
I was going to try and make some plans on coming to the houston area on a vacation. Maybe for a weekend, maybe for a week. Need some help in where to stay and what to do. Looks like I will be flying in. Maybe getting a car or hitting someone up for a couch. will have to see how prices are out there. I am not use to the big city life and you guys' cost of living.
I am looking at coming May 13-16.

rguignard
03-11-2011, 06:00 AM
well come on over brian i bet between jim and i youll be fine lol

Mudderoy
03-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Ahhh ok, when you said in chat you were coming to Texas, I thought you were moving! :smiley-laughing021:

BrianXJ
03-11-2011, 06:14 PM
lol no I have to be here for my son. I would love to move but with him being 6 I have to stay here.

Mudderoy
03-11-2011, 11:16 PM
lol no I have to be here for my son. I would love to move but with him being 6 I have to stay here.

Of course, you'll need to be there long after 6!

easttxhunter
03-12-2011, 05:41 PM
ut oh. Creekside run May 14th?

msmoorenburg
03-13-2011, 08:07 PM
What time is your flight in on friday I maybe off and it sounds like a burger date with Jim MAY 13th or 14th :thumbsup: Brian do you want to join in?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/StevePotter_photos/Christmas%202008/JoshsMegaMelBurger.jpg

cantab27
03-13-2011, 10:53 PM
ok matt,,,please explain....

Punisher
03-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Damn... Now thats a Burger!!
Must be the one where if you can eat the whole thing without puking it up that whole meals free.... :smiley-laughing021:

msmoorenburg
03-14-2011, 06:45 AM
ok matt,,,please explain....

Ok so i've been messin with Bigjim350 ,i offered to buy the burger if he would eat it. (i have yet see someone eat it fully). He agreed and he also said he would want fry's too. So we just haven't come up with a date yet. And yes its free if you can eat it in under 2hrs. If you make it you get your name on the wall with a time along with your picture. The best time on the wall is 9mins:shocker:

bluedragon436
03-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Yeah going to say that I like burgers... but not that much... def. not 9mins worth.. would be fun to watch though..

Mudderoy
03-14-2011, 08:57 AM
What time is your flight in on friday I maybe off and it sounds like a burger date with Jim MAY 13th or 14th :thumbsup: Brian do you want to join in?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/StevePotter_photos/Christmas%202008/JoshsMegaMelBurger.jpg

I would start by trimming off all the bacon around the edge of the bun, with my teeth!

steph74
03-14-2011, 10:47 AM
I always wanted to try one one these "challenge" so far I have tried the HiHop pancake challenge but I hate pancakes...

Bacon cheese burger ??? Yummi

When we were travelling cross country, In amarillo TX, there were these signs all aver the road for the giant TBone steak challenge.... that sound something I would try BUT I like my hot food hot when i eat and by the time you are done, the steak must be cold... not good

OrangeXJ
03-14-2011, 10:51 AM
I always wanted to try one one these "challenge" so far I have tried the HiHop pancake challenge but I hate pancakes...

Bacon cheese burger ??? Yummi

When we were travelling cross country, In amarillo TX, there were these signs all aver the road for the giant TBone steak challenge.... that sound something I would try BUT I like my hot food hot when i eat and by the time you are done, the steak must be cold... not good

That steak is 72 oz if I remember right. It's about the size of a large pizza about 2 inches thick.

steph74
03-14-2011, 02:09 PM
oh yeah I remember that too.... totally doable then....

XJ4IV
03-15-2011, 10:33 AM
the steak from the great outdoors with john candy!!! the ole 96er

Soooo where is this burger... that looks like a place out near houston horseracing park that I been to once

msmoorenburg
03-15-2011, 10:35 AM
the steak from the great outdoors with john candy!!! the ole 96er

Soooo where is this burger... that looks like a place out near houston horseracing park that I been to once

Its in Tomball

http://www.melscountrycafe.com/

XJ4IV
03-15-2011, 10:38 AM
might be the same place Im thinking of... I cant recall the name though but I remember where it is!
HICKORY HOLLOW... thats the name
is that it?

XJ4IV
03-15-2011, 10:42 AM
oh HA I missed the link LOL

msmoorenburg
03-15-2011, 10:44 AM
might be the same place Im thinking of... I cant recall the name though but I remember where it is!
HICKORY HOLLOW... thats the name
is that it?

HICKORY HOLLOW its a good place too

BrianXJ
04-29-2011, 04:08 AM
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Uncle Sam has once again stolen my funds. Between him and bills no wonder why my Dino-Heep is broken. I will one day make it out to see you guys but with the divorce and everything I am just not going to be able to make it. My wife is giving our other car to me because of the shape of the heep. Well she just told me that it is 2 months behind. Of course leave it to me to get it caught up. luckly there is less than $3k left on the loan and its paid off. So maybe later on in the year I will be able to make it out.

msmoorenburg
04-29-2011, 06:27 AM
Well when you can make it let us know, so we can do some eating and wheeling :).

default83
04-29-2011, 07:35 AM
Its in Tomball

http://www.melscountrycafe.com/

wow, i havent been there in forever...really good food, i might have to make a trip out there.

Mudderoy
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Uncle Sam has once again stolen my funds. Between him and bills no wonder why my Dino-Heep is broken. I will one day make it out to see you guys but with the divorce and everything I am just not going to be able to make it. My wife is giving our other car to me because of the shape of the heep. Well she just told me that it is 2 months behind. Of course leave it to me to get it caught up. luckly there is less than $3k left on the loan and its paid off. So maybe later on in the year I will be able to make it out.

I really thought it was a bit ambitious to schedule a trip down here with all that was going on in your life. So many unknown financial things as well. Texas isn't going anywhere. Get stuff stable again!

BrianXJ
04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
I was really looking for a get away but it can wait. things are starting to turn around so I will be able to plan another trip hopefully soon.

XJ4IV
04-30-2011, 08:28 AM
I really thought it was a bit ambitious to schedule a trip down here with all that was going on in your life. So many unknown financial things as well. Texas isn't going anywhere. Get stuff stable again!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRM2RLRKCTCQN2N7NclshmCh7YFuoiuI n905znSikQyis7YhgByfw