PDA

View Full Version : new boots

kmanxj
06-07-2009, 02:12 PM
tre boots that is

I picked some of these up from autozone today 10 bucks for four of em. I wont have the cash for quite awhile for my crossover steering and all my dust boots are ripped on my tres. I saw these used on NAXJA, i am going to go to the shop a little later and throw them on, i will let everybody know how they do.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/tie_r.html

Voldemort
06-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Hell I need about 8 of those my self!

Dirt Dogg Rydas
06-07-2009, 03:33 PM
tre boots that is

I picked some of these up from autozone today 10 bucks for four of em. I wont have the cash for quite awhile for my crossover steering and all my dust boots are ripped on my tres. I saw these used on NAXJA, i am going to go to the shop a little later and throw them on, i will let everybody know how they do.

http://www.energysuspension.com/pages/tie_r.html

cant wait to see how it turns out I've never seen those before:popcorn:

kmanxj
06-07-2009, 05:24 PM
i just bought the size that they have at auto zone and they fit pretty well. I only put one on the tre at the pitman arm and the driver side knuckle. I only did those two because the only end i have ever changed is the one at the pitman arm. When i pulled the one at the knuckle it just spun in their once i BFH'ed it out so i ran a tap into the nut and the stud on the tre. So i got it back on tight but it is not good.

The actual bushings let grease out so to me they didnt do their job. But like i said i think if you actually measured the tre and bought the right one from their website they would work very well, because the are really tough looking.

But i am not getting new TRE's because i am going to spend that money on heim joints. ;)

muddeprived
06-07-2009, 10:46 PM
I had something similar on my TJ but they were kinda worthless IMO. Mud and crap builds up inside them because they aren't really a "sealed" boot like the factory boots. There was a website where you could order factory boots that clip on (very hard to get on) and repel water/dirt better than them but the web's gone :(

kryptonitexj
06-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Yeah i have never had any luck with non stock boots sealing.

kmanxj
06-08-2009, 05:14 PM
exactly they are extra tough and dont seem like they would ever rip but, they dont seal.

Whatever i am going to be selling my LCA's soon (6.5" rusty's) so i will have money to buy my heims for crossover steering.