PDA

View Full Version : Best place for parts

Voldemort
06-07-2009, 01:42 PM
I hate my local Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, & O'Reilly they never have what I need and if they do it is never in stock. So I just wondered were everyone gets their parts from? I need some Control arm bushings Upper & Lower all 8 of them and some front U-joint(prefer to get the dana/spicer ones) and would like to know a good place to get them local or internet.

xjjeepthing
06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
I usually use either Napa or Carquest

Mudderoy
06-07-2009, 01:56 PM
For the expensive stuff, I find the cheapest online and the brown santa brings them to me.

Voldemort
06-07-2009, 02:19 PM
I also need to know if the output shaft and cover from a '99 NP231 will work with my '92 NP231?

Melissa
06-07-2009, 05:26 PM
For the expensive stuff, I find the cheapest online and the brown santa brings them to me.

Off topic, but what is a brown santa??

UPS??

Mudderoy
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes. :smiley-laughing021:

pLEXX
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
brown santa is a real santa hehehe

Howler_GT
06-07-2009, 08:26 PM
BACK ON TOPIC:

I usually go to http://www.rockauto.com
They have awesome prices on OEM parts even with shipping attached.
+ they accept PayPal.

muddeprived
06-07-2009, 10:42 PM
BACK ON TOPIC:

+ they accept PayPal.

That's what I use too but most of the time I pre-order stuff from autozone.com or advance auto's web and have them deliver to the store for free so it's always there when i need it.

I'm starting to find napa parts more reliable than the two above though.

kryptonitexj
06-08-2009, 08:53 AM
I use Napa and Advanced followed by orellie's.

whowey
06-08-2009, 09:21 PM
BACK ON TOPIC:

+ they accept PayPal.

But REALLY awful customer service if you need anything....

And stupid warehouse staff thus ensuring you will need to talk to customer service.

BlueXJ
06-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I also need to know if the output shaft and cover from a '99 NP231 will work with my '92 NP231?

Should be the same. Ive a 94 231 from an XJ in my extras and it was the same as my buddies 06 TJ.

JG-Man
06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
I've been getting most of my stuff used on Craig's List. Plus (I hate to promote other Jeep sites but) I also think the website JeepForum.com is a really good place to find parts.

For new parts, go with what the others here on XJ Talk recommend.

Mudderoy
06-29-2009, 02:34 AM
I've been getting most of my stuff used on Craig's List. Plus (I hate to promote other Jeep sites but) I also think the website JeepForum.com is a really good place to find parts.

For new parts, go with what the others here on XJ Talk recommend.

Hey no problem. Promote away. If we can provide the service, information, entertainment then we need to improve. We're not going to pretend there arn't other Jeep boards, nor will we pretend that in ways they are better. :thumbsup:

greenchevy
07-03-2009, 11:27 AM
same here I've been getting tools from craigslist and eBay lately. you just have to keep your eye out for that good deal.

Voldemort
07-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Well The only place that ended up having the OEM style Upper Control Arm bushings for a decent price was Quadratec! They had them for $6 plus shipping, They have everything OEM but some of the stuff is crazy expensive.

Voldemort
07-05-2009, 10:46 PM
How about leaf spring center pins and clamps? Were is a good place to get them? I heard you can get the clamps for like .80 cents but I do not know were?

muddeprived
07-06-2009, 02:01 AM
How about leaf spring center pins and clamps? Were is a good place to get them? I heard you can get the clamps for like .80 cents but I do not know were?

I bought leaf spring clamps from 4wheelparts. I should not have done that considering the crappy service I had in the past. It's been a week and half and they still have not processed my order. Tards.....:mad0090:
I should have just made my own like I did last year. You take strips of 1"x8" (i think that size) steel and bend them to wrap over your springs and then drill two holes for a bolt to go through. That's about it :)

You can use grade-8 bolts for center pins. Or q-tec

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_522X_PG.htm

whowey
07-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Leaf spring center pins... 5/16ths grade 8 socket head cap screws work just perfect.

I made my own clips.. but they have them VERY cheaply at spring shops. I think the last time I looked there they were less than a dollar a piece.

Voldemort
07-06-2009, 06:51 PM
I bought leaf spring clamps from 4wheelparts. I should not have done that considering the crappy service I had in the past. It's been a week and half and they still have not processed my order. Tards.....:mad0090:
I should have just made my own like I did last year. You take strips of 1"x8" (i think that size) steel and bend them to wrap over your springs and then drill two holes for a bolt to go through. That's about it :)

You can use grade-8 bolts for center pins. Or q-tec

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_522X_PG.htm
Thanks I needed to get some upper CA bushings from them any way might as well get the center pins as well.

Leaf spring center pins... 5/16ths grade 8 socket head cap screws work just perfect.

I made my own clips.. but they have them VERY cheaply at spring shops. I think the last time I looked there they were less than a dollar a piece.
I may have to make mine also, I was just hoping to find a place that had the ones for like .88 cents

jugbutt
07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
I was wondering the same thing!!! Big brown santa.

jugbutt
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Thanks!! I have looking for a part for the wifes car and bam there it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!