PDA

View Full Version : Wrench party

Voldemort
06-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey anyone close to me that may be willing to come to a "wrench party" A.k.A. Help me do a lift and change some u-joints. I will be doing this soon. Anyone can come either to help, supervise,learn some stuff ,or even just drink beers cause every one knows your a better mechanic when your drinking. Let me know.

quadracer0387
06-08-2009, 01:14 PM
when you doing this?

Voldemort
06-11-2009, 12:53 PM
when you doing this?

Not sure? Now I got another one I got more "to-do's" on my plate. It will probably be a slow processes I just have to find a garage to put it in locally other wise it will be jacked up in the back yard.

kryptonitexj
06-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Where are you located?

muddeprived
06-12-2009, 06:25 AM
I'm on the border of OHIO and not sure where this is taking place but i'm interested in some backYARD wrenching :)

Voldemort
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM
My zip is 45042. But now Blue is having some knocking issues so I got it down at my Uncles Shop to see if it is the clutch bolts but I have a feeling it is a collapsed lifter but my uncle thinks it is a Rod? So I do not know what is going to happen now?

jugbutt
06-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Is that close to Hillsboro?

I would love to join in!

Voldemort
06-14-2009, 09:28 PM
Is that close to Hillsboro?

I would love to join in!

What is your zip? Mine is 45052 if you check Google maps or something. Anyone whom wants to come by this week give me a text at 513-393-4881 and I'll give you my addy I also need to make a trip to the pick-n-pull if anyone has a truck and also needs to go. I do not know how the weather is going to be but I'll be out there if it is not raining. The Red Jeep is up on stands in the back yard (doin hillbilly style) check it out.
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/bigbadxj/red2.jpg
http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv276/bigbadxj/red.jpg

BlueXJ
06-14-2009, 10:08 PM
Hope it went well. Sorry I live too far away unless you will loan me your Lear Jet!!

Voldemort
06-15-2009, 04:40 PM
Hope it went well. Sorry I live too far away unless you will loan me your Lear Jet!!

I just started and I'm not in a hurry so text if you want to stop by anytime.. I have to go today and get a new coil spring tool cause Mine got trashed by the last guy to use it( he is paying for it)
I also thing I am going to have to cut alot of the control arm bolts off and use new ones cause they are not even budging! The only bolt I'm really worrid about is the leaf to frame bolt.:(

Voldemort
06-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Well last night me and a buddy worked on it till 2:30AM, or I should say I worked he shot the shit with my neighbor while I worked. I was on a mission to not have to cut any bolts off and so far so good I got all the Lower Control arms loose, the springs out and the driver side leaf ready for the s-10 pack and that shackle off. I still have to get the driver side leaf and the upper CA's done. I only cut of the bolts holding the sway bar linkage in, So far so good. But I think the uppers use a torx's head bolt on the axle side I can't remember? Right now the rain is being a dick and keeping me in so we will see what tomorrow holds.

quadracer0387
06-22-2009, 09:56 PM
i havent worked on mine for a while now... damn rain. all i have left to do on mine is to hook up my electric fans... i finnally got my motor mounts in

Voldemort
06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
i havent worked on mine for a while now... damn rain. all i have left to do on mine is to hook up my electric fans... i finnally got my motor mounts in

hey give me a call if you want to come down sometime I'm waiting on the upper CA bushings to come in from quadratech,I have some stuff done but it is still out there.

quadracer0387
06-23-2009, 02:59 PM
lemme get mine running... lol
then we will get something together