PDA

View Full Version : Performance Distributor FireWire 4.0KIT GiveAway!

Mudderoy
03-02-2011, 11:56 AM
You may recall the original give away post ... :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3907)

or remember the write up I did :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3416&highlight=performance+distributor)

Here is a quick "Reader's Digest" version. I was trying to increase the gas mileage on the heep. I bought a Performance Distributor FireWire 4.0KIT GiveAway! from Jason at JeepinOutfitters.com. Kit price was about $195.

I had some problems getting my 4.0L to run smooth. Performance Distributor guys were super nice and basically sent me a complete 2nd kit, in multiple shipments.

Eventually I found out the problem I was having WASN'T their kit it was my replacement CPS (Cranks Position Sensor). I e-mailed the owner that if he would let me keep the kit I'd give it away as a prize to one lucky xjtalk member and of course mention the product and company that provided it.

So this is a USED kit!

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_b0ViaGso2Ko/S-LXbjWdicI/AAAAAAAAALY/yurCsfRHCdw/s800/2010-05-04%2020.05.32.jpg

http://www.performancedistributors.com/4.0kit.jpg

The kit has all that you see here MINUS the rotor. I never received a spare one of those. The coil and the plug wires are the major portion of this kit anyway.

You can read more about this kit at :link: (http://www.performancedistributors.com/jeep4.0.htm)

This kit will work on a Jeep Cherokee "XJ" 1991 - 1999 year model with a 4.0L engine!

Here are the simple rules.

Call (530) 675-4102 and leave a voice mail.

The voice mail may be one of two types.

1) A Jeep Cherokee related question that can be used on the "Jeep Cherokee xjtalk.com Show".

2) A comment about xjtalk.com, or "Jeep Cherokee xjtalk.com Show" (A Promo!)

The voice mail should be 2 minutes or less in length.
The voice mail should begin with your name and where you are calling from.
You may use any colorful language you like, however we do reserve the right to "bleep" out non family friendly words. (Click the player in my signature for an example :D )

The BEST 1) Question or 2) Promo will be selected by the xjtalk.com membership. We will select the best Question and the best promo. Then we will select the best of those two. The winner of that 2nd vote will win the kit.

All members (except xjtalk staff i.e. moderators, admins) are NOT eligible to win. Service is their reward! :smiley-laughing021:

Vendors are not eligible to win!

Shipping is included for anywhere in the U.S. up to $20. Our international members are welcome to play, however we can only cover the first $20 of shipping to you.

The contest begins TODAY and ends on Saturday the 12th (March 2011).

You may vote for one Question voicemail, AND one Promo voicemail.
You may vote for your own.
You CAN call in a Question and a Promo voicemail! This doubles your chance to win, or cuts it in half depending on how you look at it. ;)

If you mess up your voicemail, just call back in. We will use the LAST question or promo that you record.

** Please note that by leaving a voicemail you are agreeing to have your message played on this site and/or on the "Jeep Cherokee xjtalk.com Show", or really anywhere else we want to play it.

Mudderoy
03-02-2011, 12:03 PM
For those of you with the ability to record MP3 audio files, you can submit your question and/or promo via e-mail. [email protected].

Remember 2 minutes or less, your name and where you are calling (recording) from.

Example: This is Mudderoy and I'm calling in from Katy Texas!

Mudderoy
03-02-2011, 12:17 PM
xjtalk.com staff and vendors can't win but you can still call in! Maybe you'll get honorable mention! :patriot:

Mudderoy
03-02-2011, 08:25 PM
:bump:

Metlic53
03-03-2011, 12:30 PM
:bump:

sent in my question :cool:

Mudderoy
03-04-2011, 02:04 PM
Just a few days left in this contest. We have ONE entry so far! If it stays this way we won't need to have a vote! :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
03-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Less than one week now. We have one entry. John you might get this one. Apparently most of the people are nervous about being on the phone. I had no idea.

People no crying after this $190 value kit goes to the one person that decided to enter. :smiley-laughing021:

Metlic53
03-06-2011, 02:51 PM
We shall see. I've entered many free giveaways in the past and always lost so if i win great and if i lose, no skin off my back.
Cool that you're doing this tony! :thumbsup:

gumby1220
03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
just called in and asked my question

Mudderoy
03-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Don't miss out on this contest! All it costs you is a little time on the phone!

Submissions acceptably until midnight (CT) this Saturday (March 12th). We'll start the voting after.

ALL then entries are show in this thread, so as you can see your chances are VERY good to win this kit!!!!

88AMCOMANCHE
03-09-2011, 08:53 PM
So This Cap & wires/kit wont work on a Renix 4.0 im assuming,or will it. Im sure i could mustar up a question,since i know so little about so much :p

Mudderoy
03-09-2011, 09:33 PM
So This Cap & wires/kit wont work on a Renix 4.0 im assuming,or will it. Im sure i could mustar up a question,since i know so little about so much :p

According to the Performance Distributor site, it works on a 1991 to 1999 Jeep 4.0L engine. Worse case you could sell it for $75 to $125 ;)

rguignard
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
bump

Mudderoy
03-11-2011, 01:28 PM
bump

Thanks Rene, I was just about to post the reminder that this contest is over tomorrow at MIDNIGHT!!!!!! (Central Time of course)

rguignard
03-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Thanks Rene, I was just about to post the reminder that this contest is over tomorrow at MIDNIGHT!!!!!! (Central Time of course)

i hate to see not more peeps getting in on this i would if i was able cause i could use it :D

Mudderoy
03-11-2011, 01:32 PM
i hate to see not more peeps getting in on this i would if i was able cause i could use it :D

Just goes to show you that sometimes people aren't interested in free. :D

I'm hoping that it's just that people aren't used to the give aways and contests and as we have more they will become more active in participating.

steph74
03-11-2011, 05:05 PM
I have a 89 so this kit will not work.... soooo this is not enough of a motivation to convince me to talk on the phone even if i love the forum....

But I am looking forward for the next giveaway ;)

oderdene
03-11-2011, 09:57 PM
I have a 89 so this kit will not work.... soooo this is not enough of a motivation to convince me to talk on the phone even if i love the forum....

But I am looking forward for the next giveaway ;)

who don't have 91-97 cherokee, can enter the contest, win a kit and present a GIFT to 91-97 owners :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

PS: mine is 91 :cheerleader:

greenchevy
03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Just left my question. Hope i win:thumbsup:

4x4Dalton
03-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Good luck to all who have and hopefully are enterin this. Looks like a great prize and any one of us could use it(I know I can:smiley-laughing021:).

Mudderoy
03-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks guys, yep, deadline for entries are closed. I'll get all the entries up and we'll start voting for a winner soon.

4x4Dalton
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
Hey guys just a couple of days left for voting on these contests.So come on check the contests threads and vote for yer favorite Promo and question.

Mudderoy
03-22-2011, 03:01 AM
Come on guys everyone join in and vote. All you have to do is click to listen and click to vote. These guys worked hard on these so at least vote for the best one.