PDA

View Full Version : Lift upgrade

Dirt Dogg Rydas
06-07-2009, 02:20 AM
as you can tell from my sig I have a 4.5" lift. I want to upgrade to a 6". Im thinking about coil spacers and new set of leaf springsBut i dont know what else i need.

Mudderoy
06-07-2009, 06:17 AM
as you can tell from my sig I have a 4.5" lift. I want to upgrade to a 6". Im thinking about coil spacers and new set of leaf springsBut i dont know what else i need.

I can't remember. Do you have the RC 4.5 full leaf spring replacements? If so then all you need is the adjustable shackels they sell, or the one's that we're giving away in the contest. RC 6.5" lift is their 4.5" springs, and a set of their adjustable shackles.

kmanxj
06-07-2009, 02:05 PM
those shackles are mine but i am sure rc will sell you a set lol.

And while you are at it get their control arm drop brackets. I got a set of used RE DB's and braces and stock UCA's (i lengthened my stockers so they are junk) for 180 bucks off a NAXJA member, i cant wait to get them on

Dirt Dogg Rydas
06-07-2009, 03:39 PM
I have the aal

xjjeepthing
06-07-2009, 03:50 PM
If you have the AAL you probably already have the adjustable shackle. Get a set of 4.5" leaves,control drop brackets, upper adj. arms, longer brake lines, new shocks, SYE and rear drive shaft, possible steering issues,HD trac bar. It gets expensive over 4.5"

pLEXX
06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
6in's eh? Should look like a beast then

Dirt Dogg Rydas
06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
If you have the AAL you probably already have the adjustable shackle. Get a set of 4.5" leaves,control drop brackets, upper adj. arms, longer brake lines, new shocks, SYE and rear drive shaft, possible steering issues,HD trac bar. It gets expensive over 4.5"

:headshake:WOW!!! maybe I should reconsider that thought

Mudderoy
06-07-2009, 04:07 PM
:headshake:WOW!!! maybe I should reconsider that thought

I'm running mine at 5.5" rear mainly because of the lack of SYE. Once I have the SYE I'll do the rest of the stuff then put 2" coil spacers up front.

kmanxj
06-07-2009, 05:30 PM
yeah i thought 6.5" would be easier than it was.

i dont have a SYE or tcase drop and i dont have that bad of vibes at all. I didnt need a new trac bar but i got an adjustable one with my 4.5" lift. I bought the longer fixed length rusty's LCA's which was dumb and then extended my stock uppers which was dumber. I also made them to long. I should've got brop brackets from the get go.

but each jeep is different sooooo....

N1TZU
06-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Hello Dirt Dogg , I ended up reusing my Daystar spacers and shackles with my new RE 4.5 lift and ended up at 6"s of lift....thats just a thought you may consider.......Bob.

pLEXX
06-07-2009, 08:38 PM
OFFTOPIC: kmanxj what rims are those?

kmanxj
06-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Dick Cepek DC-1's

kryptonitexj
06-08-2009, 09:16 AM
I will agree after 4.5 inches of lift it gets expensive. I have a Rubicon express 4.5 super-flex kit with full leafs in the rear, full springs, Adjustable control arm all around, Extreme-Duty Adj. Track bar. i just recently started adding the new components to go to 5.5 or 6 inch's of lift. (I have new RE 5.5 inch Coil springs that have been sitting in my garage for ever. Over a year. Should net me more like 6 inches of lift). I added Rough Country Drop-brackets about a month ago and two weeks ago I added RC two inch lift shackles to replace my RE 1inch lift shackles. The rear still isn't high enough for me so I'm probley going to get a durango or s-10 main leaf and cut it down to fit under my main leaf to get the extra height I want. But I have a feeling I'm going to need an SYE.

quadracer0387
06-08-2009, 10:21 AM
i would go shackles and spacers