PDA

View Full Version : The teardown has begun!

firehawk
03-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Since the Backbone and winch are supposed to be here Monday I decided to begin tearing off all the parts I won't need anymore. First came off the front skid, and then the bumper and tow hook brackets. I also had a brace running between both brackets to spread the load out when being pulled.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/kbharbison/Backbone002.jpg

BTW, if anyone is interested in the brace, it was mounted up with a set of Rustys brackets, but would most likely fit others. You pay shipping and it's yours.

Here she is in all her naked glory!:D
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/kbharbison/Backbone004.jpg

I've also made sure the steeringbox bolts will come out, so I'm ready to go! I'm getting excited!!:rolleyes:

xjjeepthing
03-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Looking forward to it. Im seriously considering both of his front and rear set ups

firehawk
03-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Sup buddy? Yeah I like the Tailbone too. I was working on the rear this morning and noticed that the Tomken bumper is rusting VERY badly. I removed a bolt and the inside of the bumper is FULL of rusty crap. NOT happy since the hitch is part of the bumper. As much as it cost it shouldn't be in the shape it's in IMO.

The Tailbone will have to wait though. I've spent my "mad money" on the front end.:D Maybe before winter I hope.:rolleyes:

DETOURS
03-21-2009, 08:56 PM
I'd loose that front sway bar while you're at it, save 10lbs......heck, my wife dosent even run one.........:rolleyes:

firehawk
03-21-2009, 09:02 PM
I'd loose that front sway bar while you're at it, save 10lbs......heck, my wife dosent even run one.........:rolleyes:

Damn Spanky...that's quite a collection of avatars you've got!:rolleyes:

I'll keep my front swaybar, without it the Jeep wallows around too much. :eek: Some of us have to go farther than 75' to work....I HATE U!:smiley-taunt013:

BTW, they have pills for that hurting thing you've got going on.:smiley-laughing021:

DETOURS
03-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Hurting? I lost myself and my legs wet........what am I missing?

It takes an act of god for me to even take an asprin, I just dont do it....besides, 2 houses down my redkneck neighbor can supply things I've never even heard of.......or care about.

You just need to get used to the freedom of no-sway-bar.......try it for a few days.

firehawk
03-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Your legs wet? Did something "go off" that you missed?:smiley-laughing021:

30 years ago I would be down at your neighbors house. PARTY!!!!:drool:

Is swaybar freedom kinda like going comando?:)

DETOURS
03-21-2009, 09:17 PM
Dunno......ask my wife, every time she gets another XJ.......she asks if I took the front sway bar off yet.........maybe it's like being bra-less. ;)