PDA

View Full Version : helpp!!!

pLEXX
06-04-2009, 05:19 PM
Well this would be the 2 month marker of my key stuck in the ignition :oops::/ So.... I was wondering im going on vacation and the back hatch/window doesnt lock when your keys are in the ignition. So anyone have any idea how to get it out? Also can I just go buy the silver part of the ignition w/ keys? Getting kinda frustrated :smiley-angry021:

2003 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE LAREDO

Mudderoy
06-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Remove the cylinder with the key in it. Replace the cylinder and you'll have a new key.

DETOURS
06-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Ya....what he said, or call a locksmith!

muddeprived
06-04-2009, 10:40 PM
Ya....what he said, or call a locksmith!

That's what I would do. You'll life would be back to normal in two hours.

I dunno if this would work but I wonder if you can take the other broken half of the key and put jb weld on the end and then stick it back in on the other piece and tape it there so it cures. Then pull it all out when it's done. Just an idea.....

Mudderoy
06-05-2009, 06:41 AM
There's no way in hell I'd leave a key stuck in my ignition for 2 months, much less 2 days.

How long did it take you to get that new stereo installed? :rotfl2:

pLEXX
06-05-2009, 07:40 AM
headunit+amp+subs maybe 2 hrs... :]] but where would I go to go get a new one at? The locksmith wants 300 for a new key. Already tried :/

Mudderoy
06-05-2009, 08:43 AM
headunit+amp+subs maybe 2 hrs... :]] but where would I go to go get a new one at? The locksmith wants 300 for a new key. Already tried :/

Sell the stereo to pay for it. Geez! :boohoo:

_StationWagon_
06-05-2009, 10:49 AM
The locksmith wants 300 for a new key. Already tried :/
There comes a time in every man's life when he needs to "man-up' & pay the bill.

This is such a time.

I've had to bite the bullet twice already this year (although I'm not a man!) to install new gears & buy a full bumper & tire carrier. Might not have been emergencies, but fully necessary nevertheless. There's no way I would be without my Jeep for a month and the only problem was a broken key. No way.

The name of the game? Sacrifice.

Mudderoy
06-05-2009, 11:48 AM
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

BlueXJ
06-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Can you find one in a J/Y any cheaper. Since the key is in the switch it is easily removed with a paperclip and then you can just pop the new (J/Y one) back in.