PDA

View Full Version : Ice Road Truckers

Melissa
06-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Anyone ever watch Ice Road Truckers tv show?

I love it and finally the new season has started :woot:

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/irt-top-banner2-1.jpg

DETOURS
06-03-2009, 06:47 PM
I watch it sometimes......along with Deadliest Catch...........but my new favorite is Ghost Adventurers......I'm not crazy about their style, but they get some DAMN GOOD footage!!

Audio222
06-03-2009, 06:48 PM
The wife and I never miss it. I thine the personalities are really good.

2000XJ
06-04-2009, 12:03 AM
It's one of my favorites as well. I'm also a big fan of "Wrecked" on Speed. I love reality TV that involves vehicles of some sort.

Melissa
06-04-2009, 01:07 AM
It's one of my favorites as well. I'm also a big fan of "Wrecked" on Speed. I love reality TV that involves vehicles of some sort.

What's wrecked?

Mudderoy
06-04-2009, 01:15 AM
My girls and I watch "Ghost Hunters" on Wednesday nights.

I like anything on the Science channel about physics, astronomy, or quantum mechanics.

Oh the UFO stuff is fun to watch, but they never have anything close to proof.

whowey
06-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Yup.... The new season already has me wanting to take the Jeep up there and drive that road....

muddeprived
06-04-2009, 10:54 AM
I watched the first season and wasn't impressed. All they do is show truck drivers driving big loads on a snowy road. Accidents rarely happened and if they did they exaggerated it. One truck was hit on the side by another oncoming truck and they made it look like a rollover. :rolleyes: Some of the previews they show to attract viewers are BS cuz they make it look so serious but when it happens it's not a big deal.

I can't stand Hugh. He's big-headed and can't keep a driver on his team. Maybe if he cared about them a little they would stay. He's got 20 years but that means nothing if you have no team.

I tend to watch Deadliest Catch most of the time, or anything on discovery or History.

Melissa
06-04-2009, 01:56 PM
I watched the first season and wasn't impressed. All they do is show truck drivers driving big loads on a snowy road. Accidents rarely happened and if they did they exaggerated it. One truck was hit on the side by another oncoming truck and they made it look like a rollover. :rolleyes: Some of the previews they show to attract viewers are BS cuz they make it look so serious but when it happens it's not a big deal.

I can't stand Hugh. He's big-headed and can't keep a driver on his team. Maybe if he cared about them a little they would stay. He's got 20 years but that means nothing if you have no team.

I tend to watch Deadliest Catch most of the time, or anything on discovery or History.

This is true, but I still like to watch it :thumbsup:

I don't like Hugh either, but I like Alex D, he's cool.

I have watched the deadliest catch, but I am mortally afarid of boats and that show makes me nauseous cause the boats are rocking :scared0016:

Yet I love to swim in deap water :headbag:

xjjeepthing
06-04-2009, 06:29 PM
I love Wrecked. Watch Ice Truckers once in awhile. I watch more sports and Comedy central then anything.
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/wrecked

DETOURS
06-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Has anyone caught Playboy's offshoot....Ice Road Fawkers?? Theres actually a dude named Hugh! :rotfl2:

Mudderoy
06-04-2009, 08:18 PM
It's sad because I was thinking of something along those same lines. :rotfl2:

DETOURS
06-04-2009, 09:09 PM
You, need to watch "Ghost Adventurers", blows TAPS away....(my ol' home town boyz)

muddeprived
06-04-2009, 10:33 PM
You, need to watch "Ghost Adventurers", blows TAPS away....(my ol' home town boyz)

what channel, day, and time?

whowey
06-04-2009, 10:46 PM

Wrecked really is just as staged as other programs. These guys dont just happen to get called to the fabulous accidents all the time. I got to spend about 3 hours watching them stand a truck with a crane for unloading Jersey barricades up and lay it back over. They did it again and again and again and again for the TV crew. They had placed the truck on a paving jobsite that was shut down because of a steel supply problem. The crane truck was in the 2nd lane.. and the tow trucks were set up in the third lane. Traffic was already in the 4, 5 and 6 lanes. When I saw the segment on TV they made sure you couldn't see the barricade wall so it looked like the traffic was right on top of the wrecker driver. BTW.. the big fat guy stood there screaming at the guys whenever the camera was rolling.. but as soon as it was off, he was hiding in an SUV....

DETOURS
06-05-2009, 07:25 PM
what channel, day, and time?

Science, Discovery......it's hit or miss but I'll attempt to follow up........

That "orb" stuff I never believed before, but some of their footage makes it a no-brainer........(WOW!)

Mudderoy
06-05-2009, 08:28 PM
It's on now, Travel Channel. I've seen it before. I don't like that guy that talks as much as a car full of 12 year old girls on crack cocain! :rotfl2:

2000XJ
06-05-2009, 10:26 PM
Wrecked really is just as staged as other programs. These guys dont just happen to get called to the fabulous accidents all the time. I got to spend about 3 hours watching them stand a truck with a crane for unloading Jersey barricades up and lay it back over. They did it again and again and again and again for the TV crew. They had placed the truck on a paving jobsite that was shut down because of a steel supply problem. The crane truck was in the 2nd lane.. and the tow trucks were set up in the third lane. Traffic was already in the 4, 5 and 6 lanes. When I saw the segment on TV they made sure you couldn't see the barricade wall so it looked like the traffic was right on top of the wrecker driver. BTW.. the big fat guy stood there screaming at the guys whenever the camera was rolling.. but as soon as it was off, he was hiding in an SUV....

WOW! Learn something new everyday, I had no idea. I figured that they weren't always called to the "best" accidents all the time, I figured that they only televised the best accidents because that's what people want to see. Nice to know that it's all rehearsed though, sometimes it did look too "perfect".

TeXJ
06-08-2009, 06:18 PM
My wife misses Eric from last season. We DVR it everyweek

DETOURS
06-12-2009, 09:35 PM
It's on now, Travel Channel. I've seen it before. I don't like that guy that talks as much as a car full of 12 year old girls on crack cocain! :rotfl2:

Yup.....lil late on the follow up but Ghost Adventures is on 8, 9, repeat at 10pm Eastern on the Travel Channel, a new season they seem abit different from last year.......I'm still sorting some things out myself, but never dealing with people on CrAcK.......dunno what Mudd's comments are about.....

FRIDAYS!!!!!!!!:D

Melissa
08-13-2009, 11:06 PM

I decided to watch it after you posted this, and I think that it's a pretty good show, even staged, I now find myself watching it weekly

TeXJ
08-14-2009, 08:37 PM
i like and my wife even likes it. Yeah they play up some of the stuff, but still it's cool :D

ol"blue
08-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Anyone ever catch that show called "Jacked" about those cops riding around in suv's and pick-up's looking for car thieves?

Melissa
08-15-2009, 07:21 PM
I have seen parts of it, it comes on right before wrecked, I would like to watch it but have not had a chance yet

ol"blue
08-15-2009, 08:12 PM
I've seen it a couple of times and it's okay, except the cops seem to be pretty jovial with the "alleged" crooks.