PDA

View Full Version : Be a xjtalk.com show reporter!

Mudderoy
02-09-2011, 10:06 AM
How would you like to be an "on the scene" xjtalk.com show reporter?

There are apps for the iPhone and Android that allow you to record and save sound files to your smart phone!

Report ON THE SCENE, do interviews, etc... All you need is a way to save it to a MP3 file then e-mail (upload soon) that audio file to xjtalk.com!

Please remember to say who you are, first name is fine, your xjtalk.com username and where you are (city state). If you are at an event, offroad park, etc... include that. If you are doing an interview be sure say the person's name.

Make sure you have the person's permission to record their voice! You might want to have them agree ON THE RECORDING to the interview. You can be slick and say "Thank you for agreeing to an interview with xjtalk.com show today!" People usually respond with "my pleasure, etc..."

e-mail your recordings to [email protected]!

Mudderoy
02-09-2011, 11:58 AM
You may want to do a test recording and sent it to me prior to doing a real one. That way we can confirm it's good and have a better chance of success. Just put on the recording that this is a test and not for rebroadcast.

Oh and since many (if not all) smart phones have cameras you can take pictures to be shown on the live show and on the video recordings!!!!

I would get a picture of the person you are interviewing, preferabily both of you standing side by side. And pictures of anything that you are discussing. Like a broken 242 case, or this awesome jeep. On scene recording at a car show would be cool, however that might require two smart phones! :smiley-laughing021:

Just use your imagination and become a xjtalk.com show hero!

Mudderoy
04-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I just wanted to remind you guys about this. Especially those of you that have been to events, or off roading.

All you need to do is have a conversation with someone and record it on your smart phone.

I understand you can feel a little awkward when you first do this but I think that you'll quickly lose that fear when you see how many people enjoy what you are doing.

Of course you don't even have to interview someone, record yourself! Talk about what you are doing, or what you just did. Talk about a park you went to and what your thoughts are about it. Hell we all eat, tell us about a great burger place! People find many things entertaining.

teamwestoutdoors
04-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Can you make videos?
We are heading to Moab Jeep safari in a couple weeks and we always bring along our flip cams on these trips to make our own little show. :moon:

Mudderoy
04-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Can you make videos?
We are heading to Moab Jeep safari in a couple weeks and we always bring along our flip cams on these trips to make our own little show. :moon:

Videos are fine, however the show is really a talk show, audio only. Video is secondary. So say you did an interview with someone on camera the audio could be used on the show.

The idea here is to have a audio show that people can listen to at work, during exercise, or while driving to/from work.

If you just want to post off road action videos you can upload them to youtube and just place them in a post here! :love0007:

Punisher
04-08-2011, 02:00 PM
Keep this up and you'll have a tv show....:D

teamwestoutdoors
04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I'll see what kind of footage we get and how "family friendly" it is and let you all know.

Mudderoy
04-12-2011, 02:19 AM
I'll see what kind of footage we get and how "family friendly" it is and let you all know.

I can "bleep" out audio only stuff really easy.

NW99XJ
09-17-2012, 04:38 PM
I just recorded about 5min of back and forth between me and the co-owner of Double Black Diamond Offroad Magazine. He just so happened to ride with me on a wheeling trip this last weekend. He and their photographer were up there and decided to hitch along with our group.

Figured it would be a good submission for the podcast. So I just asked him a couple easy questions about the online magazine and the direction they're going while we were on our way to the first trail.

SUPER EASY!!! And I did it all with my android.... (phone, not robot) :D
I think anyone that has a smart phone, and knows how to push "record" should do something like this! Go talk to a fellow jeeper, or someone on the trail or at the OHV park by your place, maybe a guy at the local 4wd shop/parts store.
If you have an offroad event coming up in your town... head down to the show with your phone and talk to a couple people/vendors while your down there.
Heck if I can do it YOU GUYS can do it too!

Mudderoy
09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Recently NW99XJ and I have started working on XJ TALK SHOW! together. To be able to get audio files back and forth, which can be quite large, we've started using DropBox. It's a free program that you load on your PC or smart phone. I bet they have a iPhone version as well.

DropBox is an online storage service. You can copy files from your PC(s) or Phone and then have access to those files between devices. Josh and I have created a shared folder so he and I can share files. It's all pretty neat, and FREE!

So whether you are considering being a XJ TALK SHOW! reporter or not use the link below to sign up for FREE online storage, really neat way to get files between your computer and your smart phone btw, both you and xjtalk will get free online disk space!

Click this :link: (http://db.tt/DxfnRyN) to be sure xjtalk gets credit and 500MB more storage! :oD

Mudderoy
01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Has anyone given this a try yet? Let me know and I'll set up a place where you can upload your interview(s)!

Remember if you think you'd like to give this a try but you don't have and don't want to invest in a digital recorder, just download and install TAPE-A-TALK on your smartphone.

Set it for high quality, sample rate of 44.1Khz, sample format of PCM 16.

If you just want to test it and send us a copy for review before taking time to actually do an interview, that's cool too.

We want to get you involved in the XJ TALK SHOW! :thumbsup: