PDA

View Full Version : Crank Position Sensor

molinari
01-25-2011, 12:10 AM
An important part but hard to reach

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h331/molinaribp/CPSpic.jpg

Outlaw
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
That is the one part I would recommend everyone carry at least one spare of everywhere you go! I had to replace mine twice... and its not even registered yet!! :smiley-laughing021:
Good job on the pic too!:thumbsup:

bluedragon436
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I wish it wasn't so important... since it is such a PITA to reach.. had to have mine replaced... and am not looking forward to that again if I can help it..

BlueXJ
01-25-2011, 01:09 AM
Just because molinari shows you a picture of the tranny pulled, does not mean you have to do that to replace one of those. It can be replaced with the engine and tranny in place but it is not a chore I want to do every day.
Once you get the original out you can restart the two bolts into their original holes and then slot the attaching holes on the new one and it can then slide over the bolts when re-installing it.
That maneuver makes trail replacement much easier if it needs future replacement. You can then just loosen the bolts and slip the old one off and unplug it, allowing you a quicker job on the trail.
Hope this is understandable to all who have lain under their Jeep at 2 in the morning to get the Jeep home. It will be a modification you will thank yourself for doing.

PolarXJ
01-25-2011, 01:16 PM
I'll have to remember that the next time mine goes out. I've found dropping the front driveline and a really long extension helps a bit. Though I would hate to have to do it on a trail.

molinari
01-25-2011, 05:44 PM
Believe me that is not why the motor was pulled, nor why i even took the picture but i've used it like 6 times when trying to explain where it is to friends so I put it up here, hope it helps!

bigjim350
01-25-2011, 06:27 PM
It is also much easier to do if you already have a tcase drop installed.