PDA

View Full Version : The New xjtalk.com SUPER Membership!

Mudderoy
01-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Well many of you have asked me "How do I become a member of xjtalk.com" Usually this was in the chat at the top of the page, so I was confused. I mean you can type in chat unless you are a member, right? After a few questions it's always the same. The member wants to help financially with the site. The appriciate it sooo much they are willing to give up their hard earned money.

We have never planned on this being a paid site. The best sites are free because those are the sites that everyone can afford. You can get anyone and everyone to participate, not just the few. So membership to this site will remain free. Access to all forums will be free, now some of them might require a few posts before you can access them! ;)

We have created a subscription service for xjtalk.com. If you go to the Home Page (http://www.xjtalk.com/cmps_index.php) and scroll to the bottom you'll see a place where you can subscribe to xjtalk.com and become a SUPER member!

The only benefit to being a SUPER member is the warm fuzzy feeling you have in knowing that you are helping the site to succeed and at the same time helping to provide stickers, t-shirts, hats, etc... for people that want them.

Just as a side note what we will be doing with stickers, hats and t-shirts is selling them. With your monthly subscriptions we'll be able to buy enough to get a good price and have them on hand for people that want to buy them. If you've read the t-shirt thread you can see how cumbersome it has been to try and get everyone to agree and pay up front. If we just bought a bunch of t-shirts then sold them as people ordered them it would be much less trouble and people would get what they wanted when they wanted it.

Frankly other than putting the t-shirts on a credit card and hoping I'd get enough money back in time to pay it was the only way. Hopefully this subscription idea will help and help us continue to grow.

Mudderoy
01-17-2011, 10:14 PM
Actually there will be one benefit. :D If we get a few subscribers I'll remove the floating ad from the home page! :smiley-laughing021:

That ad generates about $20 a month.

bigjim350
01-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Seem like a great idea. :thumbsup:

toebee97
01-18-2011, 11:27 AM
Awesome Idea man. I would love to subscribe, hell if I could I'd pay all the xjtalk expenses myself... maybe someday I'll win the lottery and donate a few million. :rotfl2:

But unfortunately I'm living paycheck to paycheck right now, so obviously there are times there isn't even 2.50 in my bank account. But I will definitely continue to donate anytime I can though!

Mudderoy
01-18-2011, 11:53 AM
Awesome Idea man. I would love to subscribe, hell if I could I'd pay all the xjtalk expenses myself... maybe someday I'll win the lottery and donate a few million. :rotfl2:

But unfortunately I'm living paycheck to paycheck right now, so obviously there are times there isn't even 2.50 in my bank account. But I will definitely continue to donate anytime I can though!

Hey don't you, or anyone feel bad that you cannot subscribe. This isn't any way shape or form mandatory or even encouraged. It's simply a way to let those of you that want to and can afford to, subscribe.

The important thing is you come here and participate on the site! :patriot:

Mudderoy
01-21-2011, 03:17 PM
After responding to a few PM's about this I've decided to make things a little better for xjtalk.com subscribers.

No Google Ads, starting now (this is also extended to the folks that have donated to the site temporarily)
xjtalk stickers, up to two for $1 each, shipping included.

Stay tuned for more "Super" member benefits coming.

** You will still see the vendor ads.

Vendors will no longer see the Google ads either.

tbone
01-21-2011, 09:34 PM
I really like this idea. :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
01-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Everyone please welcome Punisher as a SUPER xjtalk subscribing member! :patriot:

Punisher
01-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Thank You Tony for this GREAT Site!!

Mudderoy
01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Everyone welcome BrianXJ to the ranks of SUPER subscribed xjtalk member! :thumbsup:

BrianXJ
01-22-2011, 11:15 PM
It's worth it to have a great site!!!!

Mudderoy
01-23-2011, 05:35 AM
Everyone please welcome OrangeXJ "Greg" to the growing ranks of SUPER member! Subscribed! :thanx: :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
01-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Everyone, and you know who you are, please welcome steph74 as our latest xjtalk SUPER member and monthly site subscriber! :smiley-scared002: :patriot:

steph74
01-23-2011, 11:41 AM
Everyone, and you know who you are, please welcome steph74 as our latest xjtalk SUPER member and monthly site subscriber! :smiley-scared002: :patriot:
definitely need to find a smiley :patriot: with a French flag lol

Mudderoy
01-23-2011, 12:11 PM
definitely need to find a smiley :patriot: with a French flag lol

lol yeah I thought of that before I hit the button. Son you're in American now! :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
01-23-2011, 02:37 PM
Guys I can't express how great it is that so many of you are subscribing to the site. I was concerned about doing this and fearful that people would either leave in droves or best case just ignore the subscriptions.

Thank you VERY much for your support. I can't stress enough that I and the rest of the xjtalk staff is here for all of you, the members, and not the glorification of ourselves. This is very much a site who's focus is to provide a great service for our members. All the thanks, donations, sticker requests and now subscriptions makes me personally very proud of what we've accomplished here together!

Please everyone join me in welcoming FireManRay to the ranks of Super xjtalk member and subscriber! :cheerleader:

Mudderoy
01-28-2011, 11:54 AM
Just in case anyone isn't clear, you can provide financial assistance to support the site in two ways.

You can DONATE money which means you select when and how much you're going to donate.

You can SUBSCRIBE which means your credit/debit/bank account will automatically be deducted the amount that you have decided to spend.

Subscription is like the donations except instead of having to remember to donate, if you intend to donate more than once, the transfer happens each month.

Personally I prefer the subscription since this puts money in the xjtalk account just like we pay the bills, monthly.

There is nothing wrong with doing a donation, a subscription, or nothing. It's just up to you. Donations and subscriptions will help the site grow of course, but without the members posting the website is of little use.

We are selling advertisement on xjtalk now too! So when you buy something for your Jeep tell the vendor they should be advertising on xjtalk!

Our ad rates are flat a$$ cheap!!!! :rotfl2:

Mudderoy
01-28-2011, 02:24 PM
Everyone please welcome Weldmen to the ranks of SITE SUBSCRIBER! :thanx: :thumbsup:

BrianXJ
01-28-2011, 02:27 PM
everyone please welcome weldmen to the ranks of site subscriber! :thanx: :thumbsup:
yea!!! Curt!!!!

Mudderoy
01-31-2011, 09:45 AM
One of our international members wanted to subscribe to the site :cheerleader: but pointed out that the monthly bank fees would exceed the monthly subscription fee!!!! :shocker:

He wanted an annual option to make if worth wild so I have added annual subscriptions.

You can save $20 if you subscribe for a year at the $10 a month level. Normally $120. Hey don't think you have to pay $10 a month, that's a bunch. I'm just putting that option there. To me (if I were single) it would be like me telling a beautiful woman to leave me alone simply because she was too good for me. Who am I to judge her likes and dislikes! :rotfl2:

As I may have mentioned before you can unsubscribe at anytime. If you want to switch to an annual subscription just unsubscribe and subscribe again.

Mudderoy
01-31-2011, 10:16 PM
Please join me in welcoming oderdene to not only the growing ranks of SUPER member and site subscriber but also our first yearly subscriber!

:thanx: :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I received a PM about a member wanting to subscribe but was concerned that he/she might want to unsubscribe, you know like 10 years from now! :smiley-laughing021:

I have the same concern anytime I'm going to subscribe to something. It is just as easy, well almost, to unsubscribe as it is to subscribe.

You just go to PayPal, log in and manage your subscriptions. Canceling the subscription is one option.

If you ever have any trouble unsubscribing just contact me and I'll either cancel it from my end, or help you work with PayPal. Our only goal here is to provide you a service that you want and enjoy.

bluedragon436
02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
That seems like it could be a valid concern... Not one I think I have ever really thought about on any website though.. Only concern I have is how to do it without paypal, since I have had some major issues with paypal in the past..

Mudderoy
02-15-2011, 01:40 PM
That seems like it could be a valid concern... Not one I think I have ever really thought about on any website though.. Only concern I have is how to do it without paypal, since I have had some major issues with paypal in the past..

Yeah that's a problem. Paypal makes it easy to do such things. Getting an account set up with Visa, Mastercard would make it cost prohibitive for me to do it.

So if you can't, or don't want to deal with PayPal, no worries. The only thing that is really important to me is that you are a member and continue to find the site helpful and entertaining.

I may look into other options. I think Google has something like PayPal now, but I don't know that if you were burned with PayPal that you'd feel any more secure with another ONLINE option. ;)

Mudderoy
02-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Here is a Super member PERK!

If you are a site subscriber, a SUPER member, you can have an xjtalk.com e-mail address!

We can set up a xjtalk e-mail address to forward to your personal account! Just send me a PM with the e-mail address that you want your xjtalk.com e-mail to go to. Unless otherwise requested your e-mail address will be [you]@xjtalk.com!

Thank you for being a Super member and subscriber! :patriot:

Mudderoy
03-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Here is a Super member PERK!

If you are a site subscriber, a SUPER member, you can have an xjtalk.com e-mail address!

We can set up a xjtalk e-mail address to forward to your personal account! Just send me a PM with the e-mail address that you want your xjtalk.com e-mail to go to. Unless otherwise requested your e-mail address will be [you]@xjtalk.com!

Thank you for being a Super member and subscriber! :patriot:

Steph74 has taken us up on the xjtalk.com e-mail offer! Thanks Steph! Let us know how it works, you're the guinea pig! :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
03-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Steph74 has taken us up on the xjtalk.com e-mail offer! Thanks Steph! Let us know how it works, you're the guinea pig! :thumbsup:

BrianXJ has also had his xjtalk e-mail set up.

Remember BrianXJ was a subscriber, before he became a moderator. :D

Mudderoy
04-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Everyone please welcome hookedonxjs as a SUPER xjtalk subscribing member! :patriot:

If you'd like to become a site subscriber or site supporter just click on the "Store!" above on the navigation bar. You can donate as much or as little as you feel, site subscriptions are as low as $2.50 a month.

Thank you SO much to hookedonxjs, and all the rest of our SUPER and DONOR members for helping support xjtalk.com financially!

Mudderoy
05-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Please join me in welcoming KH96XJ to not only the growing ranks of SUPER member and site subscriber!

:thanx: :patriot:

4.3LXJ
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
Hey, welcome. Thanks for your support.

oderdene
06-01-2011, 07:34 PM
thanks a lot for supporting xjtalk, welcome to super members forum

KH96XJ
06-06-2011, 01:55 PM
I've learned a lot from the forums, and still more to go, and wanted to give something back to show my appreciation. Thanks for an excellent place to hang out.

Mudderoy
06-27-2011, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to take a moment and recognize Outlaw as our latest member to join the ranks of site donor! Thank you very much and for your kind words about the site. I'm very proud of what I started and so many of you have contributed to make this site what it is.

Parting with your hard earned money is just over and beyond what I expected when I started this in March of 2009.

Whether you are a paying member or not please remember I and the xjtalk staff want to know what you don't like, or would like to see added to make this the best site.

:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Please welcome eking81 as our newest SITE SUPPORTER!

:thanx:

xj4life2
09-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Thanks for your support he shall wear it always lol lol :D

Mudderoy
09-29-2011, 07:17 PM
Please join me in welcoming and thanking Patrick, prcjeep, to the ranks of Site Subscriber!

Patrick was formally a site supporter, in other words he has donated money to help the site in the past. As a subscriber he has made a monthly support commitment.

4.3LXJ
09-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Thanks for your support Patrick. Keep up the good work

Mudderoy
10-23-2011, 04:14 AM
Please welcome XJMJeep to the growing ranks of Super member and site subscriber! :thanx:

XJMJeep
10-30-2011, 02:02 AM
I figure if I was willing to give NAXJA $30 a year for a decal and not even be welcome, it's the least I could do here.
People forget (or chose to not to remember) keeping a forum alive and well is not free.
The give a ways, decals, ect.
This place is great and I will support it anyway I can.

Mudderoy
02-14-2012, 09:08 AM
In the past month xjtalk has lost two subscribers. Hey life happens, and interests cool, or get replaced. I personally don't like a monthly commitment, probably from years of paying bills. Of course some people like the idea of signing up for monthly subscription on PayPal viewing xjtalk as more than worth the $2.50, $5.00 or $10.00 a month. Thank you to all of you that have subscribed as it has helped with the site.

I just wanted to push this Amazon thing again. I mean it's a great way to help support the site and it doesn't cost you a thing, well just having to remember to click on the amazon banner at http://www.xjtalk.com/ first.

So if you are like me and don't like the monthly commitment, but you would still like to easily help support xjtalk please consider doing so via your Amazon.com purchases.

:love0007:

Mudderoy
06-07-2012, 10:13 AM
I want to take a moment to welcome in xjtalk's latest SITE SUPPORTER, XJ408!

XJ408, Noel, joined us in June of 2010. Noel has made a total of 128 posts, most recently yesterday! Thanks for your support in visits, posts, and now financially.

Just so you guys understand, xjtalk pays about $50+ a month for Internet access. This does not include the cost of equipment. The site was created so that XJ people would have a friendly site to express themselves without fear of ridicule, or flaming.

Member direct financial support of the site is NOT necessary, and NOT expected, but very much appreciated.

If you feel motivated to support the site, I urge you to consider clicking on the Amazon banner ad on our site prior to making your Amazon purchases, since that will cost you nothing except a few moments of your time.

Don't forget to view our ads, and visit our vendors! Those businesses contribute much to the running of this site!

If you still feel it necessary to give us money, you can make a donation, or become a subscriber. Just check the "Store!" above on the navigation bar.

Of course purchasing stickers, etc... from the store help out as well.

:D

bluedragon436
06-07-2012, 02:08 PM
:welcome: to the Super Membership Noel!! Thank you so much for your support of this great site!!

Mudderoy
08-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Please welcome NW99XJ and jschmidt250 to the ranks of :xjtalk: subscribers! Thank you for helping to support the site financially! :drinking:

4.3LXJ
08-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Welcome guys. Thanks for your support

Mudderoy
10-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Please thank whitetaillinks for becoming our latest :xjtalk: Super Member!

If you would like to join, or donate to xjtalk just visit the xjtalk store! :link: (http://www.xjtalk.com/buy_goodies.php)

Membership, or donations are NOT required, or EXPECTED!!!! :D

4.3LXJ
10-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Welcome aboard and thanks for supporting our site

Mudderoy
02-22-2013, 05:56 AM
Please welcome out latest SUPER member, and site subscriber...

Joliet Johnny :patriot:

oderdene
02-22-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks for supporting xjtalk and our friendly ever community

Joliet Johnny
02-22-2013, 06:32 AM
Thanks. I was a little skeptical when I joined. Forums dont run this well. I learn so much from this site I felt it deserved my support.

Mudderoy
02-22-2013, 09:51 AM
Thanks. I was a little skeptical when I joined. Forums dont run this well. I learn so much from this site I felt it deserved my support.

Wow kinds words. My wife is still shocked, but she knows me. I jest, of course this isn't a "Tony" forum it's all of you I just put up the barn.

XJMJeep
02-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Nice Johnny!
:thumbsup:

RTPG
02-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Please welcome out latest SUPER member, and site subscriber...

Joliet Johnny :patriot:
Welcome to :xjtalk:

:happy0180:

Mudderoy
03-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Please welcome out latest Super Member and site subscriber YJJeepacorn!

4.3LXJ
03-20-2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome Glenda. You might even have to have an :xjtalk: sticker on that Jeep, right over that CF one :D

Brasscatz
03-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the support Glenda!

4x4Dalton
03-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks Glenda !!

XJ Wheeler
03-21-2013, 04:49 AM
Awesome! :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
07-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Please give a big :welcome: and :thanx: to our latest Super Member and site subscriber, Andrew, JeepFreak :bacondance:

Brasscatz
07-04-2013, 09:13 AM
Nice! Thanks for the support!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4.3LXJ
07-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Welcome Andrew and thanks for your support. I know it must mean something to you since you are on a budget

Mudderoy
08-19-2013, 09:56 PM
Please welcome and thank our latest Site Supporter and Subscriber, Infidel Edition! :bacondance:

4.3LXJ
08-19-2013, 10:24 PM
Thanks man

XJ Wheeler
08-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks for the support!

Brasscatz
08-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Sweet! Thanks!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

4x4Dalton
08-20-2013, 10:51 AM