PDA

View Full Version : pc music speed ever heard of this?

mndobondo
01-16-2011, 03:53 AM
Can a pc rip, store, play and burn music at a speed faster then the original cd? if so how? I have measured it timed it and my pc plays it faster then the original.. I can not find anyone who has ever heard of this...
thoughts suggestions..its very slight.. but it makes you crazy!!

Mudderoy
01-16-2011, 04:08 AM
Can a pc rip, store, play and burn music at a speed faster then the original cd? if so how? I have measured it timed it and my pc plays it faster then the original.. I can not find anyone who has ever heard of this...
thoughts suggestions..its very slight.. but it makes you crazy!!

If you are saying that the music is playing to fast, check to see if the sample rate is correct.

If you are asking CAN you rip music from a CD faster than it is played? Yes you can, as it isn't an analog audio copy it's a digital copy. Windows Media Player will rip CDs and it will tell you how fast it is copying it, 2x, 3x, etc... As I recall. I think this is standard for any CD audio ripping software these days.

mndobondo
01-16-2011, 04:32 AM
If you are saying that the music is playing to fast, check to see if the sample rate is correct.

If you are asking CAN you rip music from a CD faster than it is played? Yes you can, as it isn't an analog audio copy it's a digital copy. Windows Media Player will rip CDs and it will tell you how fast it is copying it, 2x, 3x, etc... As I recall. I think this is standard for any CD audio ripping software these days.
well i have switched everthing to max quality but that will not affect anything already on the computer will it?

Mudderoy
01-16-2011, 10:57 AM
well i have switched everthing to max quality but that will not affect anything already on the computer will it?

I don't know, I really don't have enough information to be able to answer that.

Maybe someone else can answer, but I'll need to have a more detailed explaination of what you did, and what the problem is.

oderdene
01-16-2011, 09:42 PM
what player do you use? most players have speed adjustment slider, maybe somebody touched on it. for windows media player - it is under Enhancements -> Play speed settings,
or may be codec issue, i use gomplayer (http://www.xjtalk.com/www.gomlab.com)and k-lite codec (http://www.xjtalk.com/www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_codec_pack.htm) pack

try another player or play audio cd directly from media - it will isolate problem; ripped music and/or player

bluedragon436
01-25-2011, 09:52 PM
Was wondering if you had ever found out anything as to what was causing this issue... or at least what you did to fix it??

mndobondo
01-26-2011, 01:20 PM
well I tried all the normal computer type stuf the codec items are beyond me maybe I am just mental! for now i just living with it.:boohoo:

4.3LXJ
01-26-2011, 04:17 PM
My Apple does it up to 18X. You have to have a disc read/write that is capable of it. Just about any CPU is capable of handling it.