PDA

View Full Version : Limited Guest Viewing of Posts

Mudderoy
01-07-2011, 09:08 AM
We implemented a limited number of times GUESTS can view posts.

This is less of an attempt to get people to become members, which of course is free, and more of an attempt to make the forums experience better for the people that are members.

We've been having a rash of guest views, sometimes as high as 1400 guests. This really hurts the board performance for those individuals that have signed up as members. To contrast we'll have had as many as 30 or 40 members on at one time.

It isn't our goal to restrict you from the site, very much to the contrary, but we had to make a change and we decided to make that change better for the members.

We here at xjtalk hope you understand and continue to visit out little site as a member or a guest!

5 post views will get you a warning message (actually I think it starts at 1 through 9) then at the 10 post you've read it will stop you from viewing more.

You'll see this pop up when you have reached your limit.
http://xjtalk.com/images/special/limitguestviews.jpg

If you have any questions, concerns, or issues please feel free to contact the webmaster of the site. webmaster @ xjtalk.com, just remove the spaces. :D

4.3LXJ
01-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Sounds reasonable Tony

prerunner1982
01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Agreed... I am just glad my computer doesn't log me out of this website. Other forums I am on if I do not do something on it every few mins it logs me off.

BrianXJ
01-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Hey its a good thing. I mean it costs so much to join the site. LOL

Mudderoy
01-13-2011, 08:35 PM
Agreed... I am just glad my computer doesn't log me out of this website. Other forums I am on if I do not do something on it every few mins it logs me off.

It doesn't log you out after an hour?

4.3LXJ
01-13-2011, 11:01 PM
It doesn't log you out after an hour?

Me either

Mudderoy
01-14-2011, 03:16 AM
Me either

Well that's cool. Maybe in two more years I'll understand how this software really works. :rotfl2: :pee: