PDA

View Full Version : Memorial/Chapel Section

bluedragon436
01-02-2011, 10:34 PM
I have been a member of many forums over the years, and I have noticed alot of them had either a Memorial or a chapel section or event both.. Was wondering if there was a way to get like a Chapel section, to where people can list prayer requests, and remembrances.

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 12:18 AM
I have been a member of many forums over the years, and I have noticed alot of them had either a Memorial or a chapel section or event both.. Was wondering if there was a way to get like a Chapel section, to where people can list prayer requests, and remembrances.

Sure. Can you suggest a name for the section and maybe a description that I can use? I'm pretty sure I understand what you are talking about but I'd like to be sure.

bluedragon436
01-03-2011, 10:27 AM
As far as name...I would say The Chapel or something would work best.. because then that covers the prayer requests, as well as memorials... as far as a description... I am not real sure what to put on that one... A place to seek spiritual help is about the only thing I can think of... but I know you don't want to make it too religious and end up having some kind of drama or other issues...

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 10:29 AM
As far as name...I would say The Chapel or something would work best.. because then that covers the prayer requests, as well as memorials... as far as a description... I am not real sure what to put on that one... A place to seek spiritual help is about the only thing I can think of... but I know you don't want to make it too religious and end up having some kind of drama or other issues...

Hmmm sounds like something good to go under the Religion Section

bluedragon436
01-03-2011, 10:32 AM
OH... guess I could have thrown a prayer request there.. didn't even think about that...

Firemanray
01-03-2011, 01:29 PM
Here's a link to a "sticky" on another forum I'm on (not Jeep related). It may be kind of what your looking for. Maybe that would work here.
http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/dtr-prayer-requests-t225578.html

xj4life2
01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Or you could try www.4x4him.org we are a Christian 4x4 group and would be happy to pray for anyone. As for here I would call it the prayer request area and put it under the religion section.

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Or you could try www.4x4him.org we are a Christian 4x4 group and would be happy to pray for anyone. As for here I would call it the prayer request area and put it under the religion section.

We could do both! :patriot:

xj4life2
01-04-2011, 04:27 PM
We could do both! :patriot:

So lets do it !!!!:thumbsup:

bluedragon436
01-04-2011, 07:34 PM
Wow... I thought this might be more of a one or two people liking the idea thing... didn't think it would get quite that much attention or input....

4.3LXJ
01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
I think you will find there are a fair number of believers on this site. Maybe we should revive the thread "What Relition are You?"

xj4life2
01-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Did this just die ? or are we gonna do it ?? Steve were gonna put you in charge of this, sorry we took a vote and you lost lol lol

4.3LXJ
01-12-2011, 05:24 PM
What, you think I have a degree in theology or something? :D My Pastor has a policy: You bring it up, you head it up. But seriously, I have other forums where I participate in this type of thing. I was never sure this was the right forum for this. I think that at the least I would want to discuss just exactly what we would do here. It sounds a little vague to me still.

steph74
01-13-2011, 09:04 AM
I think that is a good idea... I lean toward Christian, but I also believe that it would be very beneficial not to set a specific religious denomination to the :"Chapel thread" because I am sure that fellow jeepers from other faith should be able to feel comfortable using it ;)

4.3LXJ
01-13-2011, 11:11 AM
Yes, no specific religious denomination. For instance, I am in a very conservative denomination, and Mark knows it and was joking I think. Others are more liberal. If we did this, we would need to realize that all of us have different experiences and lingo. Another thing, we need to not be overbearing to others who are not Christian.

Mudderoy
01-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, no specific religious denomination. For instance, I am in a very conservative denomination, and Mark knows it and was joking I think. Others are more liberal. If we did this, we would need to realize that all of us have different experiences and lingo. Another thing, we need to not be overbearing to others who are not Christian.

So we're doing this right? Something under the Religious section?

4.3LXJ
01-13-2011, 11:22 AM
So we're doing this right? Something under the Religious section?

I'm not really sure myself yet. I am not really even sure what everyone expects or what they want or even who is going to head it up. Usually some stuff like this needs an organizer.

cantab27
01-13-2011, 11:25 AM
jim could help ,,, his old mans a preacher ,,,, mmmmm maybe not .....

Mudderoy
01-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm not really sure myself yet. I am not really even sure what everyone expects or what they want or even who is going to head it up. Usually some stuff like this needs an organizer.

I went ahead and added "The Chapel" under the Religion section. I can always remove, change it.

4.3LXJ
01-13-2011, 11:37 AM
I went ahead and added "The Chapel" under the Religion section. I can always remove, change it.

OK, but I think we need some more discussion among those who wish to participate so it will come together.

Mudderoy
01-13-2011, 01:13 PM
OK, but I think we need some more discussion among those who wish to participate so it will come together.

No problem, I thought I had dropped the ball. :smiley-gen165:

4.3LXJ
01-13-2011, 01:19 PM
No, you didn't drop the ball. I think we just need to nail down our expectations on this before going off and doing something. Just my conservative religious experience poking through.

steph74
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
how about treat it like a CHAPEL ? As far as i recall, in an hospital for example, chapels are places of welcome where everybody is welcome whatever beliefs are....

I like the idea... let's say i am an antic egyptian and want to send a prayer to Anubis so that the crop will be good this year... I don;t know I guess i am just saying that I would love to find a place like this here and share my feelings with other fellow jeepers... (or charioteers I guess in this case)

Mudderoy
01-14-2011, 03:55 AM
how about treat it like a CHAPEL ? As far as i recall, in an hospital for example, chapels are places of welcome where everybody is welcome whatever beliefs are....

I like the idea... let's say i am an antic egyptian and want to send a prayer to Anubis so that the crop will be good this year... I don;t know I guess i am just saying that I would love to find a place like this here and share my feelings with other fellow jeepers... (or charioteers I guess in this case)

lol

BrianXJ
01-14-2011, 04:12 AM
I think this is a great idea. My family has went thru alot this past year and sometimes it is good just to be able to talk to someone and not be judged or ragged about it.

xj4life2
01-14-2011, 08:09 PM
For the record I'm happy to help anyway I can
Mark