PDA

View Full Version : Ustream/Podcast Show Ideas

Mudderoy
01-02-2011, 04:54 PM
Ok so I've tamed the technical aspects of the show now and it's time to turn the focus to content.

I'll need YOUR help though. There are only so many hours in a day and I only have so much experience and information. All of us working together have much we can share. Perhaps you have some experience that you would like to share with people. I know I'm going to do a little something about the harmonic balancer failure, now that I've seen it happen to at least one other person, maybe two.

With my combination of hardware and software I have the ability to show during the live show still images, slides, and play videos. You could be on via Skype, or land line and talk about what is being show to the audience, as well as take questions from the chat room.

Really any subject is worth considering. We are more than our interest in Jeeps. So if the prospect of having to handle the technical, production side of getting your information out just seemed like to daunting of an effort I can help with that.

Some of our vendors may wish to put something together that covers questions or concerns about their products. This would help you spend less time on the phone, or e-mail, and more time building your products. It would also serve to help promote your products and increase your business's name recognition.

We have a very powerful medium at our finger tips now, and the more content we have put out there the more powerful our ability to inform people will become. At the same time more people will share their information with us. What we CAN wind up with is a audio/video and texted based forum.

Get involved, lets see what we can do with this! :thumbsup:

DETOURS
01-03-2011, 02:28 PM
When you interview an individual, I somehow would like to know a tad more about that individual.......like where they're from, do for a living, how long they've been on the trail......stuff like that, nothing l o n g and drawn out, but just a brief kinda background thing..............:rolleyes:

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 04:32 PM
When you interview an individual, I somehow would like to know a tad more about that individual.......like where they're from, do for a living, how long they've been on the trail......stuff like that, nothing l o n g and drawn out, but just a brief kinda background thing..............:rolleyes:

Thanks, that's some basic stuff I need to remember to do.

4x4Dalton
01-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Also Tony maybe sometimes make the show a 2 hour show seems that sometimes the most people show up bout the last 20 minutes or so. Just an idea for ya.

JENSSEN
01-03-2011, 05:13 PM
I have some experience with Jeep Cherokee's what can I do to assist?

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Also Tony maybe sometimes make the show a 2 hour show seems that sometimes the most people show up bout the last 20 minutes or so. Just an idea for ya.

Maybe we could look at doing 1.5 hours. The main focus of the show is the podcast, the ability for someone to download and listen on their way to work, at the gym etc... I'm concerned that anything over an hour and people just won't have the time to listen. I'm learning as I go so it may be that the focus will be on the ustream "video" instead. We certainly are not fixed to any time frame, well about 3.5 hours on the podcast and 3 hours on the ustream. Thanks for the discussion item, something to think about.

I have some experience with Jeep Cherokee's what can I do to assist?

When I was typing the original post I had you in mind. ;) I know you were doing some "how tos" that I think might work well as segments in the show. I just need to get things set up so I can have videos uploaded to my server so I can play them during the show. :thumbsup:

JENSSEN
01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Let me know and I can get some raw footage for you that you can edit ahead of time :) body work? Tune up? Part installs? Simple or complex let me know :)

Mudderoy
01-03-2011, 09:50 PM
Let me know and I can get some raw footage for you that you can edit ahead of time :) body work? Tune up? Part installs? Simple or complex let me know :)

I'd say all of the above. We'll have to work through the detail, but I suspect one thing per show.

JENSSEN
01-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Well let me do some thinking and I will see what I can put together

BrianXJ
01-04-2011, 10:50 AM
How about dial-a-tech. Some of the guys on here have alot of experience with xj's so it might be helpful if we have a tech on standby if someone has a question. Just a thought.

JENSSEN
01-05-2011, 12:21 AM
How about dial-a-tech. Some of the guys on here have alot of experience with xj's so it might be helpful if we have a tech on standby if someone has a question. Just a thought.

I am down for that,.. I have had just about every part on a XJ apart or had the odd ball s#it show up at my shop,...

And as an idea if I can get a dead T-case maybe if I could score up a cheap rebuild or a SYE kit I would be willing to do a rebuild or repair,... hell I would pull my 231 out of the big XJ if I could get a deal on a proper SYE Kit not a hack n tap or even just a how to on opening one up,... "a look into a 231"

Keep in mind I am by no means a professional but that may help people relate,.. or see what parts a vendor will "donate" and I can do a how to,..?

I have 2 Xj's, 1 Mj and a TJ so that allows for lots to show or teach :)

Punisher
01-05-2011, 07:41 AM
I am down for that,.. I have had just about every part on a XJ apart or had the odd ball s#it show up at my shop,...

And as an idea if I can get a dead T-case maybe if I could score up a cheap rebuild or a SYE kit I would be willing to do a rebuild or repair,... hell I would pull my 231 out of the big XJ if I could get a deal on a proper SYE Kit not a hack n tap or even just a how to on opening one up,... "a look into a 231"

Keep in mind I am by no means a professional but that may help people relate,.. or see what parts a vendor will "donate" and I can do a how to,..?

I have 2 Xj's, 1 Mj and a TJ so that allows for lots to show or teach :)

I like his idea too, Also I have 2 XJ's 1991 and a 1996 sport.. and I've just about know from top to bottom of these jeeps and if anyone have these year's jeep and ?s I could help out on MOST of the problems...

cantab27
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
i know nothing ,,,,,,