PDA

View Full Version : RIP...................Annie

Melissa
05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Everyone................ this was Annie

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/20092712222710_1.jpg

I have had her since she was born and today for no reason what so ever she put me over the fence (She chased me and I bailed over the 6 foot fence)

I have no tolerance for cranky or mean cows with two young daughters.

So I am paying my last respects to Annie.........................................

May she rest in peace............................................. . in my freezer :smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
05-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Annie looks tasty. Bye Bye Annie:boohoo: You will be missed until dinner time.:D

xjjeepthing
05-29-2009, 06:00 AM
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM GOOOD. Send me the horns LOL

muddeprived
05-29-2009, 06:32 AM
Does that tree look like what i think it does??!! :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

_StationWagon_
05-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Does that tree look like what i think it does??!! :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:
One track mind!

Melissa
05-29-2009, 01:52 PM

If you want to go check it out in, it's in Lyle Washington :popcorn:

Audio222
05-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Damn girl you don't play around. One mistake and you become steak.

Melissa
05-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Damn girl you don't play around. One mistake and you become steak.

Sounds bad I know, but I can't take the risk of having her doing it again, my kids play in the pasture. :smiley-scared002:

The only cows that get a second chance around me are the first time mama's
(alot of times the babies die for one reason or another)

I say the first calf is free, if they lose the second one, it's costing me money, they get a big OH spray painted on their sides that means OUTA HERE :D

There has only been one exception to my rule. This is Belle and she was my favorite cow, six years after she quit having calves I still couldn't get rid of her until last year when she got just to old to keep her weight up. She was 27 when I finally got rid of her ( Now for those who don't know longhorn cow ages, 27 is freakin old!), but I refused to make burger out of her.

This picture was taken when she was 26

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/my%20family/HPIM0056.jpg

whowey
06-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Sounds bad I know, but I can't take the risk of having her doing it again, my kids play in the pasture. :smiley-scared002:

The only cows that get a second chance around me are the first time mama's
(alot of times the babies die for one reason or another)

I say the first calf is free, if they lose the second one, it's costing me money, they get a big OH spray painted on their sides that means OUTA HERE :D

There has only been one exception to my rule. This is Belle and she was my favorite cow, six years after she quit having calves I still couldn't get rid of her until last year when she got just to old to keep her weight up. She was 27 when I finally got rid of her ( Now for those who don't know longhorn cow ages, 27 is freakin old!), but I refused to make burger out of her.

This picture was taken when she was 26

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/my%20family/HPIM0056.jpg

She was still a pretty good looking cow....

We used to do ours in when they quit calfing and went dry. Grandad wouldn't feed anything that was costing us money... About 20 years is normal for Holsteins also.

Did you eat her?? I can't imagine she tasted very well..

Mudderoy
06-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope I'm not too late, but is it possible she was just running over to give you a hug? Did she look sad and confused after you jumped the fence? :smiley-scared002:

Melissa
06-01-2009, 08:34 PM
She was still a pretty good looking cow....

We used to do ours in when they quit calfing and went dry. Grandad wouldn't feed anything that was costing us money... About 20 years is normal for Holsteins also.

Did you eat her?? I can't imagine she tasted very well..

Any older Longhorn taste good as burger, but like the commercial cows I would not make any cow into steaks after 30 months old, which of course Annie was only 26 months, so she is going to be on the table as steaks.
Belle however I could not bring myself to have her as my dinner, so she is the neighbors dinner.

I hope I'm not too late, but is it possible she was just running over to give you a hug? Did she look sad and confused after you jumped the fence? :smiley-scared002:

Nope she was so not sad and confused, after she untangled herself from running full speed into the fence (thank goodness for tough fences!!!) She was still snorting, pawing the ground and shaking her head at me, I think she was even madder cause she missed me and got a bloody nose for her efforts :D

Howler_GT
06-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm married to a farmer's daughter.
Everytime we are invited over for dinner, I ask...
"So, WHO we eatin?"

I've birth enough calves in my days on da farm.
Drove the combine, raked hay, thrown bales...the usual stuff.

Melissa
06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
So then howler you can imagine the whole scene, can't you

BlueXJ
06-05-2009, 08:06 AM
R.I.P. and pass the A1.

pLEXX
06-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Hahaha nice one blue

kryptonitexj
06-05-2009, 03:46 PM
yum steak!!!