PDA

View Full Version : Netflix

muddeprived
05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
I lovin it. :thumbsup:

The amount you save per month using netflix is awesome. Not having to go to the video store every tuesday is also a plus.

I have the one vid, unlimited per month account for $8. I make a list of what movies i want to watch and they send them to me. I watch it, return it, and then they send me the next one. I usually get a new dvd every 3 days.

We did the math and it turns out we spend $36-$40 a month on dvd's at video gallery and only $8 a month on netflix and still get more dvds.

I suggest you guys check it out.

Melissa
05-28-2009, 10:58 PM
I used to have netflix, but it always took to long for the movies to get to me out in the sticks, so now I have dish network and if I want to watch a movie I order from pay per view.

I did like netflix, but it just didn't work out for me

muddeprived
05-28-2009, 11:02 PM
I used to have netflix, but it always took to long for the movies to get to me out in the sticks, so now I have dish network and if I want to watch a movie I order from pay per view.

I did like netflix, but it just didn't work out for me

I can see it taking a while to arrive there. I live near a city so if i send one back today, i will have a new dvd in two days.

2000XJ
05-28-2009, 11:54 PM
I've never tried it because I"ve had the "On-Demand" (PPV) stuff for a while now. Just a click and I got a movie. They update them pretty often so I never get bored.

Mudderoy
05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Redbox, $1 a day. I don't like the additional monthly bill, but it sounds like a great deal for you.

muddeprived
05-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Redbox, $1 a day. I don't like the additional monthly bill, but it sounds like a great deal for you.

Is that those new red "vending" machine they got in the stores now? I never tried it yet.

But if you think about it, 12 movies from there would be $12 while 12 movies from netflix...$8. :smiley-taunt013:

I'm real picky about money and all that but i do try to save a little here and there. I mean, i DO own a jeep ya know. :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
05-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Is that those new red "vending" machine they got in the stores now? I never tried it yet.

But if you think about it, 12 movies from there would be $12 while 12 movies from netflix...$8. :smiley-taunt013:

I'm real picky about money and all that but i do try to save a little here and there. I mean, i DO own a jeep ya know. :smiley-laughing021:

We don't get movies that often. I don't like having to pay a monthly fee wheather I use it or not. My brother in-law was using the blockbuster monthly thing and he ran out of things to watch!

I have a friend in Dallas that makes movies (occasionally). He made a movie with Lou Diamond Phillips, I liked it, but it was a straight to DVD sorta thing.

I bought a copy from Amazon and asked my brother inlaw if he would like to see it when he was over one day. HE HAD ALREADY SEEN IT.

I couldn't believe it. BTW, it's the only movie I have ever, or will ever I'm sure have my name in the credits!

Striking Range - 2006

Audio222
05-29-2009, 10:04 AM
We use Netflix to get the streaming movies from the internet. The only place that i know of to get the old Dr. Who.

Mudderoy
05-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Tom Baker old, or older?

Voldemort
05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
My local Library has all the same new releases as netflix or any other video stories plus older titles that some places do not have and they are FREE. Plus you can use the internet to put them on hold and with in a couple days (when they come in) you just walk in and sign up to 12 titles out for up to 14 days(.25c a day after that)

Melissa
05-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I also tend to hit all the pawn shops for movies, I love watching movies over and over, and pawn shops are pretty cheap.

The best time to hit pawn shops is right after christmas when people are broke, sounds bad I know but you get really cheap movies. :headbag:

Audio222
05-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Tom Baker old, or older?

Tom Baker is Dr. Who. Everyone else are just pretenders.;)

Mudderoy
05-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Tom Baker is Dr. Who. Everyone else are just pretenders.;)

I'm with you Bubba.

Audio222
05-29-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm with you Bubba.

Would you care for a Jelly Baby?

Mudderoy
05-29-2009, 11:12 PM
I don't know if you still watch Dr. Who, but they recently brought Sara Jane back. I think she had/has her own show now.