PDA

View Full Version : Audio alert for chat box.

bigjim350
12-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Me and I'm sure of alot others, use either multiple windows or mutable tabs, or are even posting or looking at posts. Then you finally look up a the chat box and someone was trying to get a hold of you, but there gone now. For me it would be nice to have a function that you could push to alert the person your looking for. Like giving lets say "Blue" a function similar to pinks. Somebody types in the name of the person there trying to get a hold of, and "blue" either makes a sound clip or the user name audible. Like if you typed in Rene you could here the sounds of cars being destroyed, or for you tony it could be the presidential song or let the user pick what they want it to sound like. For me its obvious you type in bigjim350 and then the full version of Freebird plays cause I'm so awesome lol just an idea you can change it any way you want.

Mudderoy
12-06-2010, 10:49 PM
Me and I'm sure of alot others, use either multiple windows or mutable tabs, or are even posting or looking at posts. Then you finally look up a the chat box and someone was trying to get a hold of you, but there gone now. For me it would be nice to have a function that you could push to alert the person your looking for. Like giving lets say "Blue" a function similar to pinks. Somebody types in the name of the person there trying to get a hold of, and "blue" either makes a sound clip or the user name audible. Like if you typed in Rene you could here the sounds of cars being destroyed, or for you tony it could be the presidential song or let the user pick what they want it to sound like. For me its obvious you type in bigjim350 and then the full version of Freebird plays cause I'm so awesome lol just an idea you can change it any way you want.

It has the ability of doing the sound, however many many people complained when it was turned on and no one was happy to have to go into their USER CP to turn it off. It was one sound for everyone though, not multiple. Sorry, but a good idea.

bigjim350
12-06-2010, 11:08 PM
Even if it was just a noise to make you look back up there, that would be fine. I understand people do not like it, and can't turn down there comp for various reasons. And having to go through the usercp can me a pain. But could there be a way to program a button near the chat box to mute it. Or if you don't what to be interrupted maybe the sound can be disabled in the weather chat channel. So if your listening to music on you comp, buy don't want to leave the site, you can just click over there and chat on the weather channel. That way you can chat old school without the noise with the other folks that don't want the noise.Like I said just an idea

Mudderoy
12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Even if it was just a noise to make you look back up there, that would be fine. I understand people do not like it, and can't turn down there comp for various reasons. And having to go through the usercp can me a pain. But could there be a way to program a button near the chat box to mute it. Or if you don't what to be interrupted maybe the sound can be disabled in the weather chat channel. So if your listening to music on you comp, buy don't want to leave the site, you can just click over there and chat on the weather channel. That way you can chat old school without the noise with the other folks that don't want the noise.Like I said just an idea

The main problem is that the sound is on by default and everyone has to go into their USER CP and turn it off if they don't want it. They should have written it where it was selectable in the config, or off by default.

I agree with you, sound notification would be very helpful.

Mudderoy
12-06-2010, 11:20 PM
test