PDA

View Full Version : W4W Dec. 11th

default83
12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
Dec. 11 9 A.M.
10th Annual Wheelers for Wishes 4x4 Show and Shine!
The 10th annual Wheelers 4 Wishes Show and Shine will be at the Pasadena Fairgrounds on Saturday, December 11, 2010. The show and Shine competition will award 1st-3rd place in all categories. Details of the classes are listed below. This will again, be in conjunction with the Toy Ride for the Toys For Tots administered by the USMC Reserves. Local families and needy children will benefit from our participation.

As many of you who have attended the show in the past know, the show is an event in which the entry fee will be a 1 toy and 1 non-perishable food item per vehicle.The toy needs to be for a boy or a girl between the ages of 0 and 17. You are not restricted to just one item, you may donate as many items as you want. The toys will be donated to the Toy's For Tots program.
The show is a chance for everyone to come out and mingle with fellow 4x4 enthusiast and show off your rig. Everyone is welcome to enter as long as you have a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Every year we have a diverse selection of entries ranging from completely stock to homemade tube frame buggies.
We usually have a class for every type of vehicle.

The classes will be:

STOCK- this will be limited to 4x4's with no aftermarket lockers or lifts over 2 inches and the tires cannot be more than 2 inches over stock size. Aftermarket bolt-on products such as bumpers, racks, sliders, and winches will be allowed in this class. Part of the judging will be done on appearance. This class requires that the 4x4 be street legal. Although the tags and inspection do not need to be current.

SEMI-MODIFIED- this will be limited to 4x4's with lifts over 2 inches and tire sizes up to 35 inches. You will be allowed to have front and rear lockers and gear swaps. Aftermarket bolt-on products such as bumpers, racks, sliders, and winches will be allowed in this class. Part of the judging will be done on appearance. This class requires that the 4x4 be street legal. Although the tags and inspection do not need to be current.

MODIFIED- this class will be for 4x4's with tires larger than 35 inches. This will also be for vehicles that have had axle swaps, engine swaps, or roll cages. Part of the judging will be done on appearance. This class requires that the 4x4 be street legal. Although the tags and inspection do not need to be current.

TRAIL- this is for hardcore vehicles that are strictly for trail use only. Appearance will play no part in the judging of this category. This class does not require the 4x4 to be street legal.

MOST MUD- self explanatory

SHOW- This catagory is all about appearance, if you have spent countless hours and dollars turning your ride into a show vehicle, then this is the catagory for you, judging is based on the Wow / Drull factor and overall quality of the build.

HARD LUCK- goes to the vehicle that looks like it has endured the worst luck.

KIDS RIDES- this is somewhere that the kiddies can enter their "rigs" such as a wagon, a stroller, 4-wheeler, jeep, or even a heavily modified lawnmower contraption.

7902 Fairmont Pkwy
Pasadena, TX 77507

this is a very fun event, as well as a great fundraiser, its pretty large event, i think we had at least 100-200 rigs last year. i attended last year, actually where the picture came from on my avator deal...

bigjim350
12-06-2010, 12:01 PM
The latest update I read said that there would not be a show and shine compitition. Here is latest info I got.

Meet and Greet - This year will be a "Meet and Greet" format. In the 10 years we have hosted this event, it has gradually evolved more and more each year into an off-road style setting...with the car crunch, RTI and now an off-road course. To make things less hectic, we have decided to discontinue the Show N Shine portion of the event, which will give us more time for the other events that will be happening throughout the day. Starting this year, you will be able to park next to your friends and fellow club members as we will not have the Show N Shine and no need to make participants park in their designated classes. So bring your lawn chairs, the whole family and have a great time helping others at Christmas.

RTI Ramp - AAE Customs of Bacliff is providing the ramp and scoring. There will be a small donation required and ALL the money goes to Toys for Tots.

Offroad Course - This year we will have a rock crawl offroad course instead of the car crunch. We plan on this being an all day activity and again, there will be a small donation to play on the rocks.

The rodeo arena will have lot's of activities for the kids this year. Including a rock wall, bungee jump, crafts, a petting zoo, Santa and his elves. Campbell Hall will have lot's of vendors, live music, live and silent auctions, and several raffles. The Bay Area VW Club will be having their car show and we have several race cars lined up to come out. Weather permitting, the Army National Guard will be flying in the Apache helicopter.

ALL the money collected will be used to purchase toys for children in need at Christmas. The food items collected will be donated to a local church food bank. We would like this 10th Annual event to be our largest ever. Come on out and help us realize our dream!

default83
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
hmm good to know, i guess thats why they didnt ask a class when entering.

thanks for the update.

bigjim350
12-09-2010, 12:15 AM
I will be there. I think the North siders will be meeting at the Denny's at 8:00 for breakfast, then heading down to pasadena at 9:00. I would certanly expect alot more houston people to show up for this. I mean come on its for a good cause, and you won't even get your jeep dirty, unless you park next to mine lol

XJ4IV
12-09-2010, 07:57 AM
OMG I wanna go!!!!! this seems like it would be the most fun to have in houston area. gotta find a way to get out of going to my sister in laws graduation....

default83
12-09-2010, 09:11 AM
OMG I wanna go!!!!! this seems like it would be the most fun to have in houston area. gotta find a way to get out of going to my sister in laws graduation....

Katy chapter of TX4WD will be meeting up at 8am at wild wings to caravan down there. just a heads up.

it is a VERY fun event btw.

XJ4IV
12-09-2010, 12:28 PM
chris you suck LOL your making this very hard on me..... Cough Cough I think im feeling a little ill maybe a road trip to waco for a graduation woldnt be the best idea......?