PDA

View Full Version : delete my name not my IP please

Huntingman270
12-01-2010, 04:51 AM
i keep getting stupid emails from here and dont use this site because of ad clutter... theres a stupid pop up that follows the bottom of my screen no matter where i go and it wont go away... pretty stupid... no X marks or nothing which tells me yall get paid to have it there... so im just done with all the email and done with the ads... please delete my name... and then move this to trash if you want... thanks

msmoorenburg
12-01-2010, 07:01 AM
fyi make 5 random posts and it will go away :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
12-01-2010, 10:50 AM
i keep getting stupid emails from here and dont use this site because of ad clutter... theres a stupid pop up that follows the bottom of my screen no matter where i go and it wont go away... pretty stupid... no X marks or nothing which tells me yall get paid to have it there... so im just done with all the email and done with the ads... please delete my name... and then move this to trash if you want... thanks

Well let's see. Stupid e-mails.

You MAY get two e-mails on the 1st and the 15th of the month which is the site's newsletter. You can unsubscribe from that, and it's on the very top front of the e-mail.

If you are getting e-mails about updates to posts you subscribed to you can go to your USER CP and disable automatic subscription to a post you make or reply to.

If you are getting e-mails about Private Messages, that is also able to be disabled in the USER CP.

If there is any other e-mail source I'd like to know about it. If it bothers you it probably bothers other people.

The ads;

I hate them, everyone does. Personally I wish I was rich and I didn't have to have them. Perhaps I could afford all this if I didn't have a Jeep! :smiley-laughing021:

I have tried to make the ads the least intrusive as possible. I'm receiving about 1/10th in ad revenue that I spend for this site, and this site is done pretty cheaply. I recently tried the floating ad for guests, and members that have less than 10 posts. As msmoorenburg mentioned 5 more posts and you'll not see the floating ad.

I understand your frustration and I understand you've hit your breaking point. I'm the same way with things, but I wish, and this is really for anyone else that is getting frustrated with things here, that you had just sent a PM, or even a POST to let you feelings be know.

This site isn't like the other sites. We listen and make modifications to accommodate our members. In your case I would have told you about the way you could stop getting e-mails from us like I did above. I could have told you about the 10 post requirement for the floating ad.

Thanks for giving us a try and I'm sorry things weren't to your liking. BTW, the information I gave you about the e-mails should be true on any vBulletin site you visit, like CherokeeForum for example. Just go to USER CP and start unchecking anything that has the word email in it.

Huntingman270
12-02-2010, 07:31 AM
i know how it all works and turns off... just delete me please... i dont want to be here cause i dont use it... no offense just delete me...

Mudderoy
12-02-2010, 07:47 AM
i know how it all works and turns off... just delete me please... i dont want to be here cause i dont use it... no offense just delete me...

:smiley-laughing021:

This post is going into the vault for the annual show xjtalk's funniest moments...

Later dude. :patriot:

OrangeXJ
12-02-2010, 09:02 AM
:boohoo:

Firemanray
12-02-2010, 12:52 PM
See ya!!!!

bluedragon436
12-03-2010, 12:41 AM
OK>>>> Guess what he was trying to say was..... ??? Got me... anyways....

Mudderoy
12-03-2010, 12:44 AM
OK>>>> Guess what he was trying to say was..... ??? Got me... anyways....

Unfortunatly he was just frustrated and upset. I don't make as much sense as I would like to when I get that way.

It's always sad when the xjtalk formula isn't the right one for someone, but we'll forge ahead in the hopes that we can please all the people all of the time in the future! :cheerleader:

cantab27
12-03-2010, 12:51 AM
dont bag the man just cause he didnt want to join ,,, will end up like other forums ... bitch fights ....would be confusing to join with that add moving all over place but ,,,,

just my 2 cents

Mudderoy
12-03-2010, 12:54 AM
dont bag the man just cause he didnt want to join ,,, will end up like other forums ... bitch fights ....would be confusing to join with that add moving all over place but ,,,,

just my 2 cents

Yeah I think people take it as a personal insult when you like something and then you find someone else doesn't. My wife is like that, surprised my opinion means so much to her! :rotfl2:

People have to the right to like what they like.

cantab27
12-03-2010, 12:58 AM
bloke is clued up on jeeps , have seen his user name on cf i think .... yeah right about insult thing was gonna post something smart but that just kills sites ....... we like ya site tony

Dirt Dogg Rydas
12-03-2010, 02:34 AM
There's some forums I regret joining. I'm just curious what he didn't like about this one

Mudderoy
12-03-2010, 03:41 AM
There's some forums I regret joining. I'm just curious what he didn't like about this one

Well he said it was all the e-mails, but when I explained how to turn it off he said he knew all that, so I dunno...

I did notice that the member that he has down as a referral to the site, is the only non-spammer to be banned from this site.

4.3LXJ
12-03-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm just wondering why we had all the drama in the first place. Huntingman is not forum illiterate

xj4life2
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Drama , drama , drama thats all it was. Mabey a little of the trying to stir the pot ???

steph74
12-03-2010, 11:58 AM
and he managed to do it too lol...
it is too bad he decided not to stay, from what I have seen him do on CF, he certainely had things to bring to this board...

But there is so much one can do anyway....

dirtroadroots
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
i was wondering what happened to that ad that always seemed to be right where i was trying to read...now i know why it disappeared

Mudderoy
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
i was wondering what happened to that ad that always seemed to be right where i was trying to read...now i know why it disappeared

lol it's in the announcement section as well, ahhh the info about how to make it go away, not the floating ad.

Punisher
12-03-2010, 04:06 PM
Who want to be deleted from here!?
I LOVE THIS SITE!!!! oh well... his lost:boohoo:
:smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
12-03-2010, 04:14 PM
I'm going to close this before a mod starts to form... :smiley-laughing021: