PDA

View Full Version : Videos etc.Nov. 27 at Creekside.

Firemanray
11-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Finally got some videos uploaded from Saturdays "mudfest".

Big Jim was leading our group and ended up seat deep in a hole:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnpE7sqnHJM

here he is being winched by yours truly:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myeUWQR66XM

Some guy in an S-10 thought he was a jeep. You don't follow a jeep off road unless your in a jeep. After he buried this thing, folded the exhuast into his tire and blew it out, we had to put 18,000 pounds worth of winch on him to even move him:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0gzO-biZK8

I finally made it through the creek without a winch, (along with nearly everyone else):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yW4FBg-icC0

bigjim350
11-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Once again, thanks so much for posting the vids.

bigjim350
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
I thought we were gonna have to just leave to poor little S-10 behind, and use it as a bridge :smiley-laughing021:

Firemanray
11-28-2010, 11:42 PM
I thought we were gonna have to just leave to poor little S-10 behind, and use it as a bridge :smiley-laughing021:

:rotfl2::smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
11-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Hey take it easy on the s10 guy, if that's all I had I'd be out there at least trying it once. You don't know until you know, you know? :patriot:

Very nice videos, thanks for taking the time to upload them and post!

4.3LXJ
11-29-2010, 10:26 AM
Hey take it easy on the s10 guy, if that's all I had I'd be out there at least trying it once. You don't know until you know, you know? :patriot:

Once you wheel the stock rig in a place like that, then you know where to start to make improvements.

bigjim350
11-29-2010, 11:09 AM

I said that not because of what he had, but because of how bad he was stuck. You'd have to be there to see how bad it really was.

Firemanray
11-29-2010, 03:32 PM

I had mixed feelings about the whole thing, I kinda felt sorry for the dude, he tore up a lot of stuff in that hole. I wanted to roll around laughing because he should have by-passed the hole in the first place. However it did give me a chance to put my winch to the test. We had an 8000 and my 10000 tied to him and it bogged both of them down 'till he started moving.

I was a little worried he might make it through. There had been maybe 10 jeeps go through in front of me, some on stock stuff, and I was the first to stick it. After they sprung me out with a strap I made the comment that if the S truck made it through I was loading up and going home. I think Big Jim knocked the bottom out of the hole.:D

Mudderoy
11-29-2010, 03:37 PM
I said that not because of what he had, but because of how bad he was stuck. You'd have to be there to see how bad it really was.

I just read your comment Jim, it's no big deal really. I'm the worlds worst at making off hand comments, however I hate to think that some may feel we're going to pick on them next. :popcorn:

bigjim350
11-29-2010, 09:42 PM
I just read your comment Jim, it's no big deal really. I'm the worlds worst at making off hand comments, however I hate to think that some may feel we're going to pick on them next. :popcorn:

Well I in no way meant to seem like I was apologizing for what I said. Just like in my case, when I throw my jeep in a hole I have no chance of making it through, I expect to be picked on. If I need to be more PC in my comments please let me know.

TKO
11-29-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi guys. I think I was the last person to get winched out of that hole (white XJ from Kansas). By the time I got there, it was a chewed out mess. Unless I'm mistaken, Firemanray had the honor of being the first person to ever hook a winch or strap to my current rig. (I don't think I thanked you so; Here's to you sir!) I've never been stuck like that but, then again, I'm usually in the rocks not the mud. I had a blast though and look forward to wheeling with some of you Houston Jeep People again.

Thanks to James and his buddy (Forgot his name but, he got a stick in the radiator on Friday) for putting me onto this site.

Oh ya, my wife was running your video camera for the creek crossing video. She didn't get any pics of me crossing though.

Firemanray
11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Hi guys. I think I was the last person to get winched out of that hole (white XJ from Kansas). By the time I got there, it was a chewed out mess. Unless I'm mistaken, Firemanray had the honor of being the first person to ever hook a winch or strap to my current rig. (I don't think I thanked you so; Here's to you sir!) I've never been stuck like that but, then again, I'm usually in the rocks not the mud. I had a blast though and look forward to wheeling with some of you Houston Jeep People again.

Thanks to James and his buddy (Forgot his name but, he got a stick in the radiator on Friday) for putting me onto this site.

Oh ya, my wife was running your video camera for the creek crossing video. She didn't get any pics of me crossing though.

I think I have a video of you crossing. I'll get it up soon. Takes a long time to upload. I know I have some videos of you.

bigjim350
11-29-2010, 11:09 PM

Glad to see you made it over here. You for sure get mad props for wheeling an XJ that you had to drive all the way back to Kansas.

TKO
11-29-2010, 11:28 PM
Thanks guys. We had a blast and the only damage I got was a smashed right front bump stop rubber and a slightly wrinkled right front fender. I got home about 10:00 last night with about 40 pounds of Creekside mud adorning my floor boards. My wife, Taryn said she liked wheeling with your group better than any of the others we've been with. Mainly because everyone actually wheeled their stuff and everyone friendly. She was pretty impressed when a bunch of us pitched in to help Chris when he broke a front axle shaft in his Rubi. It was great meeting you guys. We're going to try to make some other runs if they are in the northern part of Tx. (Those 10 and 12 hour drives get old)

By the way, this site looks really good so far.

Mudderoy
11-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks guys. We had a blast and the only damage I got was a smashed right front bump stop rubber and a slightly wrinkled right front fender. I got home about 10:00 last night with about 40 pounds of Creekside mud adorning my floor boards. My wife, Taryn said she liked wheeling with your group better than any of the others we've been with. Mainly because everyone actually wheeled their stuff and everyone friendly. She was pretty impressed when a bunch of us pitched in to help Chris when he broke a front axle shaft in his Rubi. It was great meeting you guys. We're going to try to make some other runs if they are in the northern part of Tx. (Those 10 and 12 hour drives get old)

By the way, this site looks really good so far.

SO FAR?!?!?! :rotfl2: :patriot:

Firemanray
11-30-2010, 09:55 AM
TKO- here's some videos of your XJ at Creekside:

Creek crossing:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raymond77351?feature=mhum#p/u/1/z0KhLxjk4Is

This one is the deep hole James got stuck in, we found a way around it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raymond77351?feature=mhum#p/u/0/YHc2zCygXNk

TKO
11-30-2010, 09:28 PM
SO FAR?!?!?! :rotfl2: :patriot:

Ya. I had only been on the site for about 15 minutes when I posted that. It looks even better now hahaha!

TKO
11-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Man! That white Xj is one sexy beast! Thanks for posting the vids. They make me realize I should be running 35s!

Mudderoy
11-30-2010, 10:59 PM
Man! That white Xj is one sexy beast! Thanks for posting the vids. They make me realize I should be running 35s!

Yeah 35's look good, but all the work to make the axles handle them...

TKO
11-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Yeah 35's look good, but all the work to make the axles handle them...
True. 35s are on the list but certainly not first. I'd like to add a set of 4.56's and an aussie in the front. I could use some skid plates and beefy tie rod too and a winch would be nice...I guess 35s are fairly low on the list but, they are on the list.

Mudderoy
11-30-2010, 11:20 PM
True. 35s are on the list but certainly not first. I'd like to add a set of 4.56's and an aussie in the front. I could use some skid plates and beefy tie rod too and a winch would be nice...I guess 35s are fairly low on the list but, they are on the list.

I keep hearing over and over if you lock the front (Dana 30) max tire size is 33" unless you want to go to chrome molly shafts... :stars: