PDA

View Full Version : butte meadows 11/28

nismo5
11-27-2010, 09:11 PM
hey all im going up to butte meadows to go xmas tree hunting tomorrow prolly round 9 or 10 am everyone is more than welcome to get stuck with me :smiley-laughing021:nothing hardcore going with a stock yota and a stock dodge dakota should be fun just cruising around

4.3LXJ
11-28-2010, 11:11 AM
Doh, I have responsibilities today. Would love to have gone.

nismo5
11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
you didnt miss much steve it was fun but this time of year is when all the people in there all wheel drive suv's and stock 4wd's like to go up there and they all get stuck and park in the middle of the road like a bunch of retards we did get a tree but we had to hike way up hill in 4ft of snow to get one :) we stopped and parked when we saw a tj that was locked front and rear sunk to the frame right ahead of us:stars: only saw one rig go past it was a tj rubicon on one tons and even he stopped a couple hundred yards up the road so yeah picture a overcrowded parking lot covered in ice and soccer moms driving everywhere :smiley-scared002::D

we will probably make a cohasset run pretty soon so we can play in the snow without all the people

Mudderoy
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
you didnt miss much steve it was fun but this time of year is when all the people in there all wheel drive suv's and stock 4wd's like to go up there and they all get stuck and park in the middle of the road like a bunch of retards we did get a tree but we had to hike way up hill in 4ft of snow to get one :) we stopped and parked when we saw a tj that was locked front and rear sunk to the frame right ahead of us:stars: only saw one rig go past it was a tj rubicon on one tons and even he stopped a couple hundred yards up the road so yeah picture a overcrowded parking lot covered in ice and soccer moms driving everywhere :smiley-scared002::D

Wow hats off to those stock people!

nismo5
11-29-2010, 09:56 AM
and just for the record i have nothing against stock rigs or families that wanna go up and have fun its good memories for the kids im all for that kinda stuff its just that they wanna park right where they wanna play instead of parking in a wide section of the road and walking 30 feet its a one lane road !! and they will park on both sides on tight down hill corners when purchasing xmas tree permits they should hand out a common sense guide on parking and what is needed to be prepared and what not to do's to educate the people that dont drive offroad ever unless going skiing in tahoe

4.3LXJ
11-29-2010, 10:00 AM
we will probably make a cohasset run pretty soon so we can play in the snow without all the people

I would be up for that. I almost went up there yesterday. But it was about 2 PM before I was freed up. My son called me and said his wipers were shot on his YJ and he needed to go to Reno and get his daughter. Didn't know if I needed to make a run over the pass or not. I80 is still not plowed so it would have been a fun trip.

4.3LXJ
11-29-2010, 10:02 AM
and just for the record i have nothing against stock rigs or families that wanna go up and have fun its good memories for the kids im all for that kinda stuff its just that they wanna park right where they wanna play instead of parking in a wide section of the road and walking 30 feet its a one lane road !! and they will park on both sides on tight down hill corners when purchasing xmas tree permits they should hand out a common sense guide on parking and what is needed to be prepared and what not to do's to educate the people that dont drive offroad ever unless going skiing in tahoe

If common sense was so common, everybody would have it:D

nismo5
11-30-2010, 01:31 AM
I would be up for that. I almost went up there yesterday. But it was about 2 PM before I was freed up. My son called me and said his wipers were shot on his YJ and he needed to go to Reno and get his daughter. Didn't know if I needed to make a run over the pass or not. I80 is still not plowed so it would have been a fun trip.
haha yeah that woulda been and interesting drive to reno but im ready to roll whenever you get some free time steve unless i tear something else apart :D only depends on where im gonna be for the holidays i know ima be outa town dec 12th weekend but im sure well figure something out mikes rig is almost finished also and i have another buddy in a toyota that wants to go play in some snow

If common sense was so common, everybody would have it:D

so sad yet so true :headshake: