PDA

View Full Version : I got my winch ordered!

firehawk
03-18-2009, 09:16 PM
Detours is building me a slightly modded Backbone System for my Jeep. I went ahead and ordered a winch to mount up to it today.:drool:

I did some checking around on several different brands of winch and found several are the same winch. I was looking at the Smittybilt XCR8, but found that the Superwinch LP8500, and the Gorilla 8,000# Silverback are all the same. I know, I know they are made in China.:smiley-talk024: I will NOT pay $500-$800+ for a winch. Sorry call me cheap.:D

I went with the Gorilla Silverback. Nice thing about the Gorilla winch is it has a waterproof motor, and solenoid, and the others don't. It also appears to have good reviews on it. I have a Venom winch on my atv and it is from China. I have had zero problems with it, and it has been used ALOT!

So as soon as my "stuff" arrives I'm going to be real busy. On top of mounting up the gas tank skid.

DETOURS
03-18-2009, 09:27 PM
Kool deal...
Theres a thing called "oversite"......alot of companies have things made in China, the trick is learning which company has people in place "babysitting" how things are made there........"Oversite".

Your BackBone is in primer as of today.:cool:

firehawk
03-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Kool deal...
Theres a thing called "oversite"......alot of companies have things made in China, the trick is learning which company has people in place "babysitting" how things are made there........"Oversite".

Your BackBone is in primer as of today.:cool:

Funny you should mention that. It appears that whoever "owns" Gorilla has people over in China. But hey pictures can lie, so who really knows.

It's in primer huh?:D Am I correct in thinking you work with/for Mark?:cool:

Mudderoy
03-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Firehawk, when you package arrives, check it for cats.

firehawk
03-18-2009, 09:43 PM
Firehawk, when you package arrives, check it for cats.

Cats! There won't be any cats. They had them for lunch.:D

Mudderoy
03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
Mmmmm kitty soup. :cool0010:

firehawk
03-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey, off topic sort of....is Spanky"D" mark?

Mudderoy
03-18-2009, 09:59 PM
Ahhh I don't think so. Mark is married. :sign0026:

Mudderoy
03-18-2009, 10:03 PM
Detours is building me a slightly modded Backbone System for my Jeep. I went ahead and ordered a winch to mount up to it today.:drool:

I did some checking around on several different brands of winch and found several are the same winch. I was looking at the Smittybilt XCR8, but found that the Superwinch LP8500, and the Gorilla 8,000# Silverback are all the same. I know, I know they are made in China.:smiley-talk024: I will NOT pay $500-$800+ for a winch. Sorry call me cheap.:D

I went with the Gorilla Silverback. Nice thing about the Gorilla winch is it has a waterproof motor, and solenoid, and the others don't. It also appears to have good reviews on it. I have a Venom winch on my atv and it is from China. I have had zero problems with it, and it has been used ALOT!

So as soon as my "stuff" arrives I'm going to be real busy. On top of mounting up the gas tank skid.

I don't want to pay $600 for a winch either, but then again with my lack of experience with any winch I am willing to pay it so I can "hopefully" get one that will work when I need it.