PDA

View Full Version : 87-90 Cherokee Cylinder Head

Melissa
05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
I found this on craigslist. Will it fit my jeep?
I know it says 87-90, but thought just maybe
Is it a good deal?

http://bend.craigslist.org/pts/1174332551.html

Oh, mine is a 93

Melissa
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM
Should I stop trying to be cheap :headbag:

BlueXJ
05-22-2009, 01:16 AM
It will fit but you are taking a step backwards. It has different shaped intake and exhaust ports and a less efficent flow so less horsepower. But it will physically fit.

Mudderoy
05-22-2009, 09:53 AM
In my not so humble opinion, cheap is great! If cheap fails, then it is time to consider a more affordable choice. Also when deciding cheap I weigh what it could cost me if my gamble is wrong.

I try to stay away from cheap on anything motor related. It's too complex and too bad if it fails.

Melissa
05-22-2009, 12:52 PM
Ya know I thought alot about it last night and you are both right Blue and Mudderoy, taking a step backwards and being cheap when it comes to my motor has gotten me in more trouble than it's woth, so I am going to just focus on fixing the problem I am having now and start saving for a crate motor.
I also think that I am going to go look at a 1996 white jeep I saw for sale and look into buying that one as well. I drove my Jeep for 6 years before I had any major problems and If I buy a second one then I'll have that one to drive while I fix mine, but also then my kids can have one of the Jeeps when they are ready to start driving in a few years.