PDA

View Full Version : Control arm bushings

Voldemort
05-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Any one know which control arm bushings will work with Rusty's Upper and lower ca's? I know that they use the stock style rubber kind so does that mean any bushings for the stock CA's will work in them too?

BlueXJ
05-22-2009, 01:32 AM
I think that the OEM rubber ones are the recommended replacements for Rusty's stuff. You may be able to find OEM sized poly bushings from Daystar. They had some at one point a few years back.

xjjeepthing
05-22-2009, 06:22 AM
Should be OEM

DETOURS
05-22-2009, 07:26 AM
I'd use OEM over polly myself.........not a big polly fan. ;)

Voldemort
05-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Has anyone used Moog brand they sell at advanced auto and they have two kinds one OEM($24) rubber and the other they call a problem-solving thermoplastic($64)? Here is their link.
http://www.federal-mogul.com/en/AftermarketSolutions/SouthAmerica/SteeringSolutions/Products/MOOG-Steering-Suspension/Bushings(BushesUK)/

Jeepster19
05-22-2009, 03:37 PM
Moog is a very good brand,I used to sell it at a local auto parts store back in my younger days.I had a 66 mustang fastback or 2+2 years ago and I rebuilt the front-end completely,I never had a problem and the parts lasted for years!:)

Voldemort
05-23-2009, 07:42 PM
OK so I was at Noto Zone asking about the Bushings and they said they have the front lowers and upper rear?? I said I do not have a control arm on the rear so does that mean that it is for the front? He said I should have them on the rear too! HAHAHHAAHAH:smiley-laughing021::lmao::lame: So I said ok and left and looked them up on the internet and sure enough their site say Upper rear not front so I do not know what that means? Hell they didn't even know if the price was for one or a set? :out::rotfl::lmao: