PDA

View Full Version : Saw another lifted XJ Yesterday!

Mudderoy
03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
I was just saying yesterday that I never see any lifted XJs in the area, which was surprising since the population is so large in Houston, and surrounding area.

I was almost home yesterday and I saw a blue/green XJ. I think it must have been 96 or older. I don't think it was a 4x4 though. I noticed that the rear was lifted with shackles. Home made from the looks of it. I bet they were 10 to 12 inches long! The rear leaf springs were bent beyond level, the rear of the leaf was actually lower than the rear axle!

I was going to offer up my old AAL to this guy, but we weren't side by side at the next light.

:worthlesspics:

xjjeepthing
03-17-2009, 05:02 PM
I see a few roaming around town.

DETOURS
03-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I was just saying yesterday that I never see any lifted XJs in the area, which was surprising since the population is so large in Houston, and surrounding area.

I was almost home yesterday and I saw a blue/green XJ. I think it must have been 96 or older. I don't think it was a 4x4 though. I noticed that the rear was lifted with shackles. Home made from the looks of it. I bet they were 10 to 12 inches long! The rear leaf springs were bent beyond level, the rear of the leaf was actually lower than the rear axle!

I was going to offer up my old AAL to this guy, but we weren't side by side at the next light.

I know that dude....;)

ezbuzzsaw
12-01-2013, 06:48 AM
We have about 5 or 6 lifted here in Cypress, my son and I count for two of them. My son Victor knows most of the owners, some are ragged out and some are nice rigs but all are fun.
My son is learning a lot about rust these days, he muds his too much and is now down in Galveston for 5 more months. He has surface rust popping up all over his suspension. I think old Dad is getting smarter all the time in his eyes, (I told him this would happen down there) he is re-painting things now constantly to try to keep the rust at bay until he can move to College Station next year.
EZ

4.3LXJ
12-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Experience, the best teacher :D

XJ Wheeler
12-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Where i lived before there was probably a few modified XJs, and we were two of em. You saw another maybe every couple months.

Lots more here. And to be able to make friends with that in common is great. Just tonight i met up with a guy and bought a skid from him and had a great conversation.

Sent via messenger pigeon - i talk, he types.

Brasscatz
12-02-2013, 06:52 AM
Where i lived before there was probably a few modified XJs, and we were two of em. You saw another maybe every couple months.

Lots more here. And to be able to make friends with that in common is great. Just tonight i met up with a guy and bought a skid from him and had a great conversation.

Yeah, that Lindsey guy is a good guy. And he loves to talk lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

07Negative
12-02-2013, 04:28 PM
I think I've seen 2 in the Bay Area. One of which was for sale and the other was just driving through. I went to a Jeep meet a month ago in Castro Valley and I was the only guy with an XJ. Everyone else had JK's.

XJ Wheeler
12-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Yeah, that Lindsey guy is a good guy. And he loves to talk lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 because my microwave couldn't do it

Yeah, we related pretty good and spent a FEW minutes looking over each others jeeps. That's a good time in my book. :cool:

Brasscatz
12-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Yeah, we related pretty good and spent a FEW minutes looking over each others jeeps. That's a good time in my book. :cool:

Haha yeah. He and I spent about an hour the other night talking Jeeps when I picked up that alternator from him. Good guy and has some good Jeep knowledge. I could keep up with him after learning so much on xjtalk ;)

XJ Wheeler
12-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Haha yeah. He and I spent about an hour the other night talking Jeeps when I picked up that alternator from him. Good guy and has some good Jeep knowledge. I could keep up with him after learning so much on xjtalk ;)

Lol, its kinda funny when we jeepers get together. I guess this is probably what girls do with clothes/hair stuff. :smiley-laughing021:

You need to move up here. We could start a monthly meet. :p

nateyz2000
12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
I would be down for a meet up....

XJ Wheeler
12-04-2013, 09:56 PM
I would be down for a meet up....

Get on over here to Texas then! :D

nateyz2000
12-04-2013, 09:57 PM
Ya never know! Haven't been there since I worked in Snyder!