PDA

View Full Version : interior spare tire carrier

xjpirate
10-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Hey guys (and gals),
I'm looking for a spare carrier that mounts to the floor of the cargo area. I ran across one in my "daily internet-check everything to see if something new has popped up" searches but it was a while ago. I want to refrain from using the term "pre-runner style" but i guess thats what it is. Keep your feelers out, thanks!:driving:

Mudderoy
10-27-2010, 08:45 AM
Hey guys (and gals),
I'm looking for a spare carrier that mounts to the floor of the cargo area. I ran across one in my "daily internet-check everything to see if something new has popped up" searches but it was a while ago. I want to refrain from using the term "pre-runner style" but i guess thats what it is. Keep your feelers out, thanks!:driving:

Before I got my rear bumper with tire carried from DETOURS, I carried my 32" spare in the cargo area. I hated it. Not room for anything else. Does this carrier allow the spare to lay flat, or it it one of those angled things?

I'd like to see a picture. :camera: :popcorn:

xjpirate
10-27-2010, 09:11 PM
It lays flat.. I was thinking about mounting a tuffy slide out box on cargo floor, them mounting tire carrier to the top of that. I'm not so concerned with storage space on this one, and if I can I really want to keep the spare inside. I still gotta keep her in the garage, any extra length will really be pressing it, and no go for the roof either,the old school tilt up garage door will never make it!..... wish i could remember what site that was!:driving:

Mudderoy
10-27-2010, 09:37 PM
It lays flat.. I was thinking about mounting a tuffy slide out box on cargo floor, them mounting tire carrier to the top of that. I'm not so concerned with storage space on this one, and if I can I really want to keep the spare inside. I still gotta keep her in the garage, any extra length will really be pressing it, and no go for the roof either,the old school tilt up garage door will never make it!..... wish i could remember what site that was!:driving:

I'm pretty good at searching the Internet and in the last 10 minutes I found NOTHING! :rotfl2:

xj4life2
10-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Ok try this link might give you some ideas , post #17
http://www.xjtalk.com/showthread.php?t=2246&page=2

xjpirate
10-28-2010, 06:36 PM
I like, and its pretty close to what i want, but if i can i would like to see out of my back window. I know, I know, ever so picky, but I want to do it the way i want the first time, like many people, money is a factor and i would only like to pay for my set-up once. Very close, and thanks.:thumbsup:

xj4life2
10-28-2010, 07:20 PM
If you want to see ,build it lower I didn't care about whats behind me and still wanted to fit my totes below for camping and fishing ect ect ,you get used to it anyway.

Since your from Corona , you get up to Big Bear often ?? Used to wheel Onyx summit all the time

xjpirate
10-29-2010, 02:33 AM
We just did Holcomb Creek Trail two weeks ago, it was nice after the rain, not too much dust kicking up.:driving:

XJ408
11-10-2010, 02:31 AM
Will the rear tailgate support the tire when its lifted????

xjpirate
11-11-2010, 08:10 AM
no, it will sit flat but it looks like i wont be able to mount it on top of anything, because the rear seat tilts back and there is not enough room between the seat and back hatch. i also tried to mount tire in the original spot standing up, but once again, not enough room:boohoo: