PDA

View Full Version : G'day

ally
05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
G'DAY
i'm new to this page so i appoligize if i do something wrong i just wanted to say hi to every jeep owner out there. i think jeeps r great little
4wd mine is only standard at the moment but she's never let me down i am definetly sticking to jeep! i've checkd out some of the albums there's some nice rides there i'm looking to get a lift kit put on just a 2in if anyone has any suggestion please let me know. i want to know anything i should go for or avoid thankyou keep in touch ally :thumbsup:

xjjeepthing
05-16-2009, 07:57 PM
Welcome to XJT

Voldemort
05-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Welcome bro!

Mudderoy
05-16-2009, 08:21 PM
Not a bro, a sister!

lol, welcome again Ally. Great to have another non-US XJ'r on the board.

We're more about having fun and passing around information, sometimes useful, than doing things right.

I don't know much about Australia so I don't know what laws you guys have about lifts, tire sizes and such, but I personally wouldn't go with a 2" lift.

You may have great reasons for a small lift, but if I was going to spend $300 (US) to have a kit installed, or spend 6 hours of my time installing it, I'd go higher. You can go up to 4.5" lift before you need to do a SYE (Slip Yoke Eliminator).

At 4.5" you can run up to 32" tires, with trimming more. Of course you don't have to run a tire that size, but it does give you extra ground clearance.

Just my 2 cents.

Melissa
05-16-2009, 09:30 PM
Hello Ally, Welcome from Oregon

firehawk
05-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome from Indiana!

BlueXJ
05-17-2009, 10:01 AM
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/TEXAS/Greetings.jpg

UKJeepThang
05-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Hi there Ally and welcome!!

Good to see somebody else that has a RHD XJ!!

Being in the UK, I have problems sourcing after market parts for RHD XJ's. Upgraded steering componants being the main source of my frustrations.

Anyway, we can hopefully compare notes on companies that produce parts for RHD!!

cherok
05-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Ally welcom to this wonderful forum.
Your membership is the next step that makes xjtalk has a correspondent on each continent.

I look forward for a member from Antartica :penguin:

N1TZU
05-18-2009, 05:21 PM
Welcome from Maine...

chayes
05-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Welcome to the group from Arizona...Can't wait to see some pictures.

Mudderoy
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the group from Arizona...Can't wait to see some pictures.

You can see some here ==> http://www.xjtalk.com/album.php?albumid=36

ally
05-19-2009, 05:57 AM
thanks everyone you sound like a great group already and i can't wait to get to know you all and hear your jeep stories!!!:cheerleader:

chayes
05-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Nice pics. Bet there are some nice off roading where you are. Is that front bumper all one piece? Definitely will protect the front end. Great group here so any questions just fire away.

BudgetXJ
05-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Welcome to XJTalk from Canada

ally
05-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Nice pics. Bet there are some nice off roading where you are. Is that front bumper all one piece? Definitely will protect the front end. Great group here so any questions just fire away.

hi yer the bumper is all one piece. we do have alot of bush in australia one of the main tracks a few friends and i do is called the powerline track it's on u tube so if u want to check it out try www.4wdpowerlinetrack.com.au it has all types of terrain so u can really test your jeep my 1st trip up there was a bit scarey as i don't have a lift kit and my tyres were T/A roadtyres i decided to take the chicken track it turned out to be more extreme than the main track my friend had to guild me through it but my jeep did it! so yer i'll add some more photos of our bush so what r the tracks like where u live?:)

chayes
05-21-2009, 09:56 AM
hi yer the bumper is all one piece. we do have alot of bush in australia one of the main tracks a few friends and i do is called the powerline track it's on u tube so if u want to check it out try www.4wdpowerlinetrack.com.au it has all types of terrain so u can really test your jeep my 1st trip up there was a bit scarey as i don't have a lift kit and my tyres were T/A roadtyres i decided to take the chicken track it turned out to be more extreme than the main track my friend had to guild me through it but my jeep did it! so yer i'll add some more photos of our bush so what r the tracks like where u live?:)

Trails here in Arizona vary depending on where you go to run. If we go North you are up in Pine Tree Forests, going East gets you desert mountain areas leading into Pine Tree Forests. Going West are mostly Desert Mountain areas, and going South is nothing but Deserts leading to Mexico. You would defintely want to run North and East since the scenery is aboslutely awesome. I will check out the video if I can get it to load. Have a great rest of the week. :thumbsup:

bwebb
05-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Welcome to xjTalk Ally

DETOURS
05-21-2009, 12:20 PM
Hello & Welcome from the land of KY! :thumbsup:

Bighorncrag
05-23-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm new too, but I'll also say welcome.

ol"blue
05-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Welcome from Dan in Tenn..