PDA

View Full Version : New Posts Count

Mudderoy
09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
I've added a mod that will display the new post count in the navigation bar. It just said "New Posts" previously. Now if there are new posts it will tell you the count and how many different threads they are in (if more than 1 thread).

The New Post count will update automatically every 60 seconds. You can manually have it check every 15 seconds.

If you want to VIEW the new posts you click on the number, the lime green one next to "New Posts:".

If you want to manually check for new posts, you will click "New Posts:"

You will ONLY be able to click on "New Posts:" once every 15 seconds. I mean you can click all you like I guess, but it will only do something on the site once every 15 seconds. :smiley-laughing021:

You may not hang out on the site all day like I do, but I like this mod because now I won't have to keep clicking the home, or refresh to see if there are new posts to read. I just look and see as it updates.

Please let me know your thoughts on this mod.

I noticed that the new posts count was wrong for me. I logged off and back on and it's been correct since.

If you have problems logging off and STAYING logged off you need to clear your xjtalk cookie in your browser. You can clear all cookies if you like, but this may loose information that is being stored for other websites.

:patriot:

4.3LXJ
09-15-2010, 06:56 PM
I think I like this. No other forum has this feature.