PDA

View Full Version : dual electric fan setup?

quadracer0387
05-16-2009, 12:46 AM
im in a jam, i recently installed a new fan clutch. i have a cfs 3 row radiator which is bigger than stock. when my engine is under load my new fan clutch hits my new rad. it sprun a leak but i fixed it. i took off the fan clucth and am looking at this kit off ebay from procomp. i have motor mounts on the way because i know this is what caused my problem in the first place. my jeep never came with an electrical fan and im unsure how to wire a dual fan setup. wiring is not my cup of tea. can someone help me out? i dont care if it comes on automatically or if i have to switch it on...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PROCO...Q5fAccessories

Voldemort
05-16-2009, 08:11 AM
Your jeep did come with one electric one clutch? I have this install were a guy put in another electric fan and used a SPAL control to tell them when to go on and off. But these are how I will wire mine the first is for a Taurus Fan.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoTaurusFanInstall3.htm
This one shows some wiring just go father down.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=700226

quadracer0387
05-16-2009, 11:18 AM
it only came with a clutch fan... no electric

Mudderoy
05-16-2009, 03:21 PM

No A/C from the factory?

Voldemort
05-16-2009, 04:01 PM

It should have had two fans a small electric one on the right and a clutch fan on the left.

quadracer0387
05-17-2009, 04:02 PM
only one... clutch
yes i have a/c. if i have the a/c on while sitting still, the jeep over heats. this if with my new cfs rad. new thermostat, hoses... so i replaced the fan clutch.
well it didnt work out to well so now im looking into a dual electric fan setup

Mudderoy
05-17-2009, 04:09 PM
You are missing a fan then. There should be an electric fan on the driver's side. It comes on automatically when you turn on the A/C. If A/C is off it comes on when the coolant temp reaches hmmm 215 I think.

Get an OEM electric fan!

Voldemort
05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm with you if I do it I'm going with the Taurus fan It is a Ford 8C607 fan and is advertised as having 2500 CFM on low speed and 4500 CFM on high by most sources. It comes in the 90 to 95 Ford Taurus and Lincoln Mark VIII with the 3.8 litre engine. It seems to be the best and one of the cheapest.

xjarcher
05-18-2009, 12:00 PM
According to Go-Jeep the Taurus fan draws a ton of juice at start up. I've been looking at using 2 xj electric fans. I've seen several of those that work well. I never sit in traffic or anything so it should work for me. I've read a couple posts elsewhere that have done that. Doesn't require 80a relays to get it to run either.

Voldemort
05-18-2009, 12:49 PM
According to Go-Jeep the Taurus fan draws a ton of juice at start up. I've been looking at using 2 xj electric fans. I've seen several of those that work well. I never sit in traffic or anything so it should work for me. I've read a couple posts elsewhere that have done that. Doesn't require 80a relays to get it to run either.

Yes it does take alittle more power but nothing crazy. The two Xj fans is a option but they were not made for alot of work so they burn up quick so you may want to get a couple from the JY just in case.

XJrob
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Yes it does take alittle more power but nothing crazy. The two Xj fans is a option but they were not made for alot of work so they burn up quick so you may want to get a couple from the JY just in case.

exactly what i was thinking with the 2 xj e fans.

quadracer0387
05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
well i picked up 2 12" fans 1350cfm each... im going to install them and have a switch on the dash

Voldemort
05-18-2009, 09:30 PM
exactly what i was thinking with the 2 xj e fans.

Yea that is what I was talking about. If you get them from a JY you may want to get two cause they are not meant for harder running and may burn out .:thumbsup:If I can't find a Taurus fan then I will look for a extra XJ fan myself but the Taurus will be my first option.

N1TZU
05-27-2009, 02:24 PM
Hello quadracer,, You should have a plug on the drivers side near rad that powers the electric fan for a/c as long as it wasn't cut out. I removed my clutch fan and added a electric. Then I hooked the wires of my second fan in parallel with my a/c fan. They both come on and off as Mudderroy said with temp and a/c activation. Hope thats helps. Bob.....