PDA

View Full Version : While I was on the side of 97..............

gearheadette
05-15-2009, 08:38 PM
So, i recently bought an A 2 B car (pontiac sunbird) I went to annapolis to see about a 2nd job, i was half way there and passed 2 wranglers with mud tires looked like they just got back from the trails. So being the person that I am, I stopped, they said they were ok, one of them blew a radiator, and his dad was on his way with another. So I left, about 2 miles from my exit, on a on ramp (3 high ways intercepted) my car started running on 3-5 cylinders instead of 6, and I look down (thinking it would say E) and its at 1/8th to 1/4 tank.

First thing i think is "oh crap my float is stuck" and the second thing was "now how far can I get, or coast"

So Its not that hot, or cold, called road side assistance (for gas) and just chilled there in my car on the side of the road. It actually was quite relaxing. The passing cars provided a breeze so I was comfertable. I started texting random people, cause i was bored. As well as I started counting.

19 XJ's passed me, 3 Sheriffs, 1 state trooper, 5 cops, 4 unmarked cops, and 4 cops stopped to check on me (not at the same time)

3 of them had crown vics, and one had a Liberty.

I laughed, and said "really? a liberty? why not a cherokee or wrangler?"

He laughed and looked alittle ashamed, but all in all I thought it was funny.

Anyways also sitting there on the adjacent high way, there was the 2 wranglers, they couldnt get to me, but were yelling to see if i was ok.

All and all I thought it was a good day, relaxing, but forced to relax, so that was the only way i would get a chance to.

BlueXJ
05-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Good experience all in all.

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Dangerous for a woman alone. I'm glad it worked out, but WHERE'S THE PICTURES!?!?!?! :smiley-laughing021:

muddeprived
05-16-2009, 02:24 AM
So, i recently bought an A 2 B car (pontiac sunbird) I went to annapolis to see about a 2nd job, i was half way there and passed 2 wranglers with mud tires looked like they just got back from the trails. So being the person that I am, I stopped, they said they were ok, one of them blew a radiator, and his dad was on his way with another. So I left, about 2 miles from my exit, on a on ramp (3 high ways intercepted) my car started running on 3-5 cylinders instead of 6, and I look down (thinking it would say E) and its at 1/8th to 1/4 tank.

First thing i think is "oh crap my float is stuck" and the second thing was "now how far can I get, or coast"

So Its not that hot, or cold, called road side assistance (for gas) and just chilled there in my car on the side of the road. It actually was quite relaxing. The passing cars provided a breeze so I was comfertable. I started texting random people, cause i was bored. As well as I started counting.

19 XJ's passed me, 3 Sheriffs, 1 state trooper, 5 cops, 4 unmarked cops, and 4 cops stopped to check on me (not at the same time)

3 of them had crown vics, and one had a Liberty.

I laughed, and said "really? a liberty? why not a cherokee or wrangler?"

He laughed and looked alittle ashamed, but all in all I thought it was funny.

Anyways also sitting there on the adjacent high way, there was the 2 wranglers, they couldnt get to me, but were yelling to see if i was ok.

All and all I thought it was a good day, relaxing, but forced to relax, so that was the only way i would get a chance to.

This is why you should drive a jeep. Instead of ending up stuck on the side of the road, you end up stuck in a mud hole. :)

xjjeepthing
05-16-2009, 05:44 AM
Sounds like at least people where willing to help. Hard to find these days

gearheadette
05-16-2009, 08:12 AM
Dangerous for a woman alone. I'm glad it worked out, but WHERE'S THE PICTURES!?!?!?! :smiley-laughing021:

oh thanks for your concern:bsflag:

but i can take care of myself :sniper::chuck:

ok thats funny, ya'll got a chuck norris smilie!