PDA

View Full Version : Sandblasters ?

Voldemort
05-15-2009, 02:18 PM
All the sandblasters out there what do you guys use in your blaster's. I have always used regular sand outside and wore my professional grade mask. But, everyone says it is SO BAD so I'm looking for a alternative that is cheap. I have also used Black diamond in a cabinet but someone said it should not be used in a pressurized blaster? Idon't know if I can I will just use the Black Diamond.

Voldemort
05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
Anyone have a sandblaster or does it? I guess I'll stick with the sand.

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 10:23 PM
Sorry, you're too advanced for me. Sand box and sand paper are the limits of my experience, well then there's the beach. :headbag:

BlueXJ
05-15-2009, 10:38 PM
I have used play sand from Lowes and when the underlying metal is aluminum I have used walnut shells which work well but are very expensive if used in large quantities, so they are recirculated within the blast cabinet.

muddeprived
05-16-2009, 02:22 AM
I used to throw sand down my gf's undies. that's all the experience i have with it. :)

I use a very firm wire brush attached to my very powerful drill and i just scrape it all off.

Voldemort
05-16-2009, 07:55 AM
I used to throw sand down my gf's undies. that's all the experience i have with it. :)

HA HA :smiley-laughing021: Wwhy would you want sand in that area!HA:smiley-laughing021:

I use a very firm wire brush attached to my very powerful drill and i just scrape it all off.
Yea once you try sandblasting you will throw that shit out the window!

BlueXJ
05-16-2009, 11:07 AM
I used to throw sand down my gf's undies. that's all the experience i have with it.

He needed more friction I guess. :boohoo:
He ain't right, he gets brain freeze each night that he goes to work so I cut him some slack. That and the fact that he considers himself a Wrangler guy driving a station wagon and not a real Jeeper because he dumped that little yellow four banger for a real Jeep and is too brain damaged to realize it.:smiley-laughing021: Other than that he is a great guy.

muddeprived
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
He needed more friction I guess. :boohoo:
He ain't right, he gets brain freeze each night that he goes to work so I cut him some slack. That and the fact that he considers himself a Wrangler guy driving a station wagon and not a real Jeeper because he dumped that little yellow four banger for a real Jeep and is too brain damaged to realize it.:smiley-laughing021: Other than that he is a great guy.

Real jeeps have frames ;)

:eek:

:smiley-scared002:

:chuck:

ok ok ok....and fake semi-frames. :)

whowey
05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Hmmm.. either I answered you on one of the other sites I saw you post this on... or I screwed up the internet again...

But I use a pressurized tank sand blaster. and Unimin #70/30 white silica. Works just fine for doing frames, and other big pieces. And my neighbors LOVE all the dust and noise. Any wonder most of the neighborhood thinks I'm crazy???

Voldemort
05-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Hmmm.. either I answered you on one of the other sites I saw you post this on... or I screwed up the internet again...

But I use a pressurized tank sand blaster. and Unimin #70/30 white silica. Works just fine for doing frames, and other big pieces. And my neighbors LOVE all the dust and noise. Any wonder most of the neighborhood thinks I'm crazy???

Yea I think you did. I just got a 50lb Bag of Black Diamond for $8 so I'm just goig to stick with it. Thanks

BlueXJ
05-17-2009, 12:37 PM

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Jeep%20Avatars/ArsenioYell.gif Not the internet again!!!

DETOURS
05-20-2009, 07:15 PM
It's not as much the blaster, rather the CFM's from the compressor that really count.......I use both a pressure pot and a cabnet.....mostly sand in the pot, beauty and other silicas in the cabnet.

Voldemort
05-21-2009, 03:01 PM
It's not as much the blaster, rather the CFM's from the compressor that really count.......I use both a pressure pot and a cabnet.....mostly sand in the pot, beauty and other silicas in the cabnet.
Spanks I got both also(Clark pot & a huge Skat cabinet)and we just got a new 25 HP 3 phase Champion compressor with 120 gal. tank it does something like 102 cfm @ 125 psi :notworthy:my uncle just got it 2 months ago for the new shop he spent like 7 grand on it so that air would never be our problem again.I just blasted two LCA's and shocks and I am tired of the black diamond and i'm tired of coal slag all over me & everything else I have to clean and you can't miss it. It works alright and it can be used 100 times (if you can collect it) I'm just sick of it so I'm going to try something new for the rest of it.

DETOURS
05-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Damn dude, I'm jealous over compressed air..........:o
I think Im at like 90 cfm at 140 psi or so......but it works good.

Coal slag, never tried it.......I've got a fresh bag of Black Diamond ready for the cabnet, and it's due!

Voldemort
05-21-2009, 09:31 PM
Damn dude, I'm jealous over compressed air..........:o
I think Im at like 90 cfm at 140 psi or so......but it works good.

Coal slag, never tried it.......I've got a fresh bag of Black Diamond ready for the cabnet, and it's due!
Yea I know I wish it was mine(I have bought his old 7.5hp 2 stage and it does 25 0r 25 cfm @125psi which i good enough for one guy painting or air tools and some sand blasting) but at least I get to use it!!:D With that thing one guy can be painting another sanding and one more using air tools! It is badass:thumbsup:Well my man that is what black diamond is 90% coal slag 10% silica they take tiny sand particles and pressurize the used up old coal slag around it like making a diamond so that it makes that 5lbs of sand into 50lbs of black diamond.:smiley-gen159: