PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from the UK!!

UKJeepThang
05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
Hi there from the UK! :D

Bigbadxj told me about this site. Looked good so signedup!!:D

I've been a Jeep owner since 2000 when I bought a 98 XJ 4.0 (ex-demonstrator) from my local dealer. Was the family car for about a year when I caught the offroading bug. It doesn't look the same as it did in 2000! Has suffered over time and sports a fine collection of dents, sratches etc. plus a 4.5" RE Superflex lift with 33" BFG's covered by Bushwackers. ARB lockers front and rear plus the usual skids, snorkel, roof rack, Daylighters etc. This is now my toy.

Also own a 2006 KJ 3.7 Petrol which is the family car.

Try to do most of the mods myself but use a friend if mine for the big stuff (suspension lift, lockers) as I just don't have the room at home.

I've just joined www.cherokeeforum.com but I've been a regular on www.JeepForum.com for a while and if you fancy something different and fun try the UK based www.birtydastardsjeepclub.com which has a few US members.

I'll update my profile etc. over the next couple of days but in the meantime here's a pic of my and my Jeep!!

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/UKJeepThang/VS_Wildtracks5.jpg

Melissa
05-14-2009, 06:12 PM
NICE looking jeep!, thanks for joining.

Welcome and hello from Oregon

BlueXJ
05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi there I joined your BirtyDastards club. Looks cool!! Thanks for the invite. Welcome to xjtalk:smiley-scared002:

xjjeepthing
05-14-2009, 07:44 PM
Welcome to XJT

2000XJ
05-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Welcome to XJT! Really nice XJ you've got there.

Voldemort
05-14-2009, 08:11 PM
Glad to see you made it over welcome!

firehawk
05-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Welcome from Indianapolis.

Question for you, how long has Top Gear been on tv? Those guys are a riot!:smiley-laughing021: I LOVE British humor!:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
05-14-2009, 10:30 PM
Welcome.

Yes Dr. Who from back in the early 80's, Monty Python, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf, all very very good shows.

Audio222
05-14-2009, 10:43 PM
Welcome.

Yes Dr. Who from back in the early 80's, Monty Python, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series, Faulty Towers, Red Dwarf, all very very good shows.

Tom Baker is king. Either you know what I'm talking about or you don't.:thumbsup:

UKJeepThang
05-15-2009, 02:50 AM
Hi Guys! Thanks for the welcomes and I see Firehawk has already joined Birtys!

Top Gear is a fantastic prog. It's actually been on TV since the late 1970's so it's coming up for 30 years old. But it's been in the current format (with Clarkson, Hammond, May, Stig) since 2002. It's great fun and makes great Sunday night viewing. I think it works well because of the different personalities, I can't imagine it working as well as it does with anybody else!

Love Monty Python and Fawlty Towers. FT is probably my all time best comedy. If you haven't seen it yet, check out Only Fools & Horses as well.

Great friendly forum this :D:D:D

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Tom Baker is king. Either you know what I'm talking about or you don't.:thumbsup:

Yes he was very good, and very funny. I've enjoyed the most recent 2 doctors though. I'd have to go look up their names. One of my favs was when Rose asked...

"Why do you sound like you are from the North?" The doctor responded with "Lot's of planets have a north!" or something to that effect. Hilarious.

N1TZU
05-18-2009, 05:01 PM
Welcome from across the pond, here in the state-o-Maine...

ol"blue
05-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Welcome from Dan in Tenn..