PDA

View Full Version : What I do when I'm not in the Jeep!

Voldemort
05-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Some of the guys from CF have already seen this before but for all whom i just met, this is what I do when not with my family,working,or under a car.
These are from my first Pro meet at the Westside barbell in Columbus Ohio @ 308lbs weightclass. plus a few others

YouTube - 725 lbs Benchpress

YouTube - deadlift 650lbs

YouTube - Squat 800lbs

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=5556329

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=6474725

BudgetXJ
05-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Jebus Murphy man, thats nuts. I'm guessing you don't have many problems with rusty/seized bolts eh?

Voldemort
05-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Jebus Murphy man, thats nuts. I'm guessing you don't have many problems with rusty/seized bolts eh?

Only cause they break:chuck:! HAHHAHAHHA

2000XJ
05-14-2009, 07:40 PM
Wow that's incredible. Nice job!

xjjeepthing
05-14-2009, 07:49 PM
Remind me not to piss you off LOL

Voldemort
05-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Remind me not to piss you off LOL
Thanks everyone
It would take alot. I get all my anger out on the weights.

Melissa
05-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Hey I need to pull the NSS off my Jeep, ya wanna come hold the Jeep up while I do it???
Just kidding, Nice Videos!!

chayes
05-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Hey cool next time I am stuck in mud forget about the winch I will just call you. Great videos.

muddeprived
05-16-2009, 02:32 AM
You are one tough dude. I used to do the same things you were doing, except not THAT MUCH. I spoke with alot of bodybuilders at the gym and they warned me not to go too heavy in stuff like that because now you are fine, but later on your joints will start hurting. I'm already starting to have some joint pains in my hips and shoulders from those darn shoulder presses and squats. I've always practiced bodybuilding with proper form and all that but my joints just don't take it. I guess my skinny 155 lb body can't take a 205 lb upgrade so well.

Voldemort
05-16-2009, 07:49 AM
You are one tough dude. I used to do the same things you were doing, except not THAT MUCH. I spoke with alot of bodybuilders at the gym and they warned me not to go too heavy in stuff like that because now you are fine, but later on your joints will start hurting. I'm already starting to have some joint pains in my hips and shoulders from those darn shoulder presses and squats. I've always practiced bodybuilding with proper form and all that but my joints just don't take it. I guess my skinny 155 lb body can't take a 205 lb upgrade so well.

Dude You are 100% right I currently have to slipped discs but I also have degenerative disc disorder so it has not been easy for me. I have not been that heavy with the weights since that happened. I was ready to break the state record at heavy weight & 308 in Ohio with a 825 bench when it happened which was almost a year ago. So I have been in the keeping up my strength and waiting till the treatments and stuff works and I can get back into it hard. I have been over 300LBS since I was 17 I benched 335 when I was a sophomore in high school. I played two years of d2 college ball at U Dayton and Wilmington College. SO I have been beating the shit out of my shelf my whole live I have little hope for what will happen now I just live for today. I know that sounds stupid but with the DDD I will be in a wheel chair one day anyway so I do what I want now and live life to the fullest! But it isn't something everyone can or even should do.

96xj
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
:eek::eek:

96xj
08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu147/96xj/***-1.jpg

BlueXJ
08-31-2009, 06:46 PM

Image no workeee!!!

BigBad I lifted weights in High School and made it to the state championship with a bench weight of 310. I was 165lbs myself and I got beat by a 320 and so I took second in 1965.

Mudderoy
08-31-2009, 06:51 PM

It might be a good thing we cannot see it. :smiley-laughing021:

Voldemort
08-31-2009, 10:55 PM
Image no workeee!!!

BigBad I lifted weights in High School and made it to the state championship with a bench weight of 310. I was 165lbs myself and I got beat by a 320 and so I took second in 1965.

Hell yea on the Bench! I did 315 lbs my freshman year for football I was 15 and about 245lbs. But realized my strength potential while playing College ball when I was doing standing over head presses with 275lbs.

4.3LXJ
09-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Hey Big Bad

I'm still at it. Lifts are going up still. I'll hit 500 by mid November and have a year to make it to 600

Voldemort
10-19-2009, 01:26 AM
Well I will be have a back surgery much to my dismay. They will be kind of like shaving the disc that is building on the nerves off. t will be done all with laparoscopy so no cuts. After that I hope to be able to heal and then get back into the gym.

Mudderoy
10-19-2009, 02:30 AM
315 was the best I ever did with free weights on a bench. I was 18 years old and about 230. Later in my 30's I was working out on the incline "computerize" machine 12 reps of 220, 3 sets. I didn't have a spotter so I didn't try a max on free weights bench. I wish I had. I do ok, but I doubt I would have ever got to the 500 lbs range, but most of my upper body strength has always been in my chest and back, so maybe so.

I haven't been back to the gym in about 2 years now, but when I went for a short time I was pretty happy that I was back in the 150 range on the incline and after a very short time I was doing the full weight on the leg press (I forget the name). It's that one you sit on and put your legs in front and push. I think it was 465 max.

I've been trying to get myself to go back. I need to do a lot of aerobic, but I just love the weights.

Voldemort
10-19-2009, 03:35 PM
315 was the best I ever did with free weights on a bench. I was 18 years old and about 230. Later in my 30's I was working out on the incline "computerize" machine 12 reps of 220, 3 sets. I didn't have a spotter so I didn't try a max on free weights bench. I wish I had. I do ok, but I doubt I would have ever got to the 500 lbs range, but most of my upper body strength has always been in my chest and back, so maybe so.

I haven't been back to the gym in about 2 years now, but when I went for a short time I was pretty happy that I was back in the 150 range on the incline and after a very short time I was doing the full weight on the leg press (I forget the name). It's that one you sit on and put your legs in front and push. I think it was 465 max.

I've been trying to get myself to go back. I need to do a lot of aerobic, but I just love the weights.
I am working on getting my West Side Certification, which is the best strength & conditioning certification( I will be able to train powerlifters, Pro athletes looking to get more power & acceleration) So if you want to get back into it I will give you a lifting plan for free just PM and let me know. I have many skills! :thumbsup:

Voldemort
01-28-2010, 01:08 AM
well as I wrote before I stopped prowerlfting because of a back injury. Well I have gotten really bad lately and gained alot of weight and decided it was time to fix it. So I got my balls together and had the surgery, that was 6 weeks ago(that is why I have only been spotty on the internet) and I fell alot better and I'm back in the gym working on that fat I gained. Wish me luck

flippedXJ
01-28-2010, 04:49 AM
well let me be the first to say good luck and damn you are huge!!

Mudderoy
01-28-2010, 09:03 AM
well as I wrote before I stopped prowerlfting because of a back injury. Well I have gotten really bad lately and gained alot of weight and decided it was time to fix it. So I got my balls together and had the surgery, that was 6 weeks ago(that is why I have only been spotty on the internet) and I fell alot better and I'm back in the gym working on that fat I gained. Wish me luck

Damn, sorry to hear about that. Did you injure yourself power lifting? I think I've mentioned it before, but I always had a hard time working on the fat. Lifting is so much more fun than aerobics. Be careful with that back, and the knees. You don't want to go through a bunch of daily pain when you get to be my age.

4.3LXJ
01-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Be good to that back, it is the only one you have.

Voldemort
01-28-2010, 11:42 PM
Thanks guys! agree that losing fat is the hardest thing to do especially if you want to keep muscle and power.As for my back I have degenerative disorder that will have me in a chair one day anyway, so I do all I can now. It is going to take some work and patience but I'll be back to fighting weight by summer.

BlueXJ
01-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Keep working on it buddy. We are pulling for you and cheering you on.

Voldemort
02-05-2010, 04:32 PM
One of my favorite documentaries! MEGAVIDEO - I'm watching it

muddeprived
02-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Good luck man and remember, DON'T take it easy LOL. You are one tough dude to keep pushing yourself. I gave up lifting cuz my wrist and hip aren't taking the abuse anymore. :( I gained about 17 lbs since I quit.