PDA

View Full Version : BMRA July 30-Aug 1

Rmtoys
07-23-2010, 01:56 PM
onefastokie and I are going to Barnwell Mountains July 30th, for the weekend. I've only been there once about 3 years ago, but that was before the Jeeps and I just took the 4-wheelers. So this will be a whole new experiance for me again and totally new for onefastoie all together. Anyways, anyone who wants to be tour guide or just tag along with us so we can all get lost together, just holl'er. We should be heading out sometime Friday morning, the eariler the better. :)

http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/

Rmtoys
07-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Oh, I forgot: If anyone has any tip or tricks for Barnwell or 'must go down this trail', let me know. I'm all ears.

cubsin2079
07-23-2010, 04:39 PM
We were out there a couple of weeks ago. Decent place. They have shower facilities which is nice. Our group had a lot of break downs so I didnt do as much wheeling as I would have liked. There is definitely something for every one there. The red dust and clay are still staining the jeep. You MUST have a TX OHV sticker to wheel out there. Its only 8 bucks or so but if the game warden is out there I think its a $250 fine if you dont have it.

Rmtoys
07-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Where would you get one of those things and do you have to have a title for the rig to get it?

Mudderoy
07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
A Texas OHV decal can be purchased by calling the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department Customer Service Center (CSC). The CSC phone number is: 512-389-8917. The decal cost is $8.00 and can be paid for with a credit card. The decals are valid from September 1 to August 31 each year.

:link: (http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/spdest/ohv/buy.phtml)

Look at the link, I think you'll find a couple of places around town (locally) that you can buy one.

Rmtoys
07-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Ya, looked it up a bit ago and called Honda of Houston, they are out of stickers and don't know when they will get more. tomorrow when Cycle Sack or Wild West Honda open, I'll call them to see if they have them or not. The dude at HH said they just want the $8, no other real info on the rig is needed.

onefastokie and I were talking, it's funny how you can go to Alto for $40 for the weekend and dry camping is free. But if you go to the state owned BMRA, you have to pay $25 to wheel per day, pay $15 per day to dry camp and also pay $8 for some 'permit' for your rig to wheel there. That's $80 + the $8. Then they bitch about not making any money and needing donations. Government......... :mad0090:

Rmtoys
08-03-2010, 01:17 PM
Well, ya'll missed one hell of a good time. The Bayou Jeepers from Shreveport, LA were there and they let us tag along with them on Saturday. :thumbsup: Very nice people and very familer with Barnwell. We chose to roll with the advanced riders and got into some very hairy situations to say the least. I think I was on 2 wheels more than I was on 4 wheels durring most of the trip :eek: We only got to run a few trails because they just take so long to complete and the heat makes you take breaks frequently to rehydrate. Here are the trails that I know we covered: Houston Creek Trails, Binder Blvd, Shake Rattle and Roll, Sidewinder, Wiley Coyote and the rock garden. All of these were 4 diamond and we also tooled around the 2-3 diamond Linda Gale and Greenlane when the sun was going down.

Gotta go back when when it cools down a bit. Check out my YouTube videos for some of the action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMYSDl3cFiA

More at...
http://www.youtube.com/user/Rttoys :)

reddragon72
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
check out the XJ, pretty decent on the rock garden. I hope to make it up there early next year for a weekend of fun, but Kantemsy 2 is really calling!!

Thanks for the vids guys and yea it sucks to miss a good run..

Rmtoys
08-05-2010, 07:06 AM
If i remember right, that was the bayou Jeepers' Pres. XJ. The chick driving was either his daughter or just a member that liked taging along. That XJ was highly capable and the driver was very skilled in driving and technique. :driving: