PDA

View Full Version : Adult site, with in certain limits.

Mudderoy
05-14-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm not asking you guys to set the rules for the board, and you always have the ability to voice your ideas, concerns, or accolades. Sometimes it is easier to voice that opinion in a anonymous poll.

We lost a member today, my understanding is because of objections to sexual images on the site. Not nudes, but in some cases nearly so.

I'd like to know if you are offended by anything on this site.

Please take the time to vote on this poll, and feel free to voice your opinions.

firehawk
05-14-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear someone left. Myself, while posting pics of pretty women, hope I did not offend anyone. It was intended as simple juvenile "boy's will be boy's" humor.:o

I liked this forum from the get go since it appeared to allow "some" latitude in humor and pictures. I belong to another XJ site and while I like the owners, and consider them friends it is VERY dull there. I guess at 52, I am just an overaged teenager.:headbag: I personally like the ability to discuss Jeeps, and to "play" around at the same time. Everyone here should know by now how much of a goofball I am.:D

IMO, life is WAY too short to be offended by silly stuff.:popcorn:

Voldemort
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM
I feel that if you do not like something do not look at it! NO CENSORSHIP!

xjjeepthing
05-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Yea what Firehawk said. I'm still a teenager, I love it

Voldemort
05-14-2009, 09:46 PM
YEA & no censorship! did I say that?

BlueXJ
05-14-2009, 10:27 PM
I tend to agree with all the above comments but I must add that cats will be posted from time to time unless I get banned. http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Jeep%20Avatars/ak47_cat.gif

2000XJ
05-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't find anything offensive on this site.

In all honesty, and Mudd don't take offense to this!, but this forum is TAME compared to something like Pirate. I know that the intention of this site isn't to be like Pirate, but I mean let's be realistic. We're all adults here, we should all determine what we want to see or not see, and if we don't like it then click the "back" button, and not revisit that thread again.

BlueXJ
05-14-2009, 10:47 PM

You aren't trying. Keep digging you gotta find something that offends you. Don't give up there has to be something or somebody. Heck I offend many people are you sure I don't offend you 2000XJ???

2000XJ
05-14-2009, 10:52 PM
You aren't trying. Keep digging you gotta find something that offends you. Don't give up there has to be something or somebody. Heck I offend many people are you sure I don't offend you 2000XJ???

Blue, it's a forum, on the interweb, I let most stuff roll off my back because it's not worth getting worked up over something that someone said over a website. To get me :mad0090: fired up :mad0090: you have to do it in person, sorry :smiley-taunt013:

BlueXJ
05-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Blue, it's a forum, on the interweb, I let most stuff roll off my back because it's not worth getting worked up over something that someone said over a website. To get me :mad0090: fired up :mad0090: you have to do it in person, sorry :smiley-taunt013:

Well as much as I like you 2000 I ain't going to the garden state to fire you up there buddy. We will have to settle for interweb interactions.:smiley-scared002:

2000XJ
05-14-2009, 11:11 PM
Why is everyone so afraid of Jersey???? I don't get it.

BlueXJ
05-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Youse evar wach the Sopranos? Go to da BadaBing?

2000XJ
05-14-2009, 11:19 PM
rofl Are you serious? It's not like that everywhere over here! I mean yea they're around, but it's not as obvious as that show made it.

Seriously though, I have to go to sleep, I have to be up in 3.5 hours to catch a plane for a family graduation in Florida....:greensmilies-017:

Melissa
05-14-2009, 11:35 PM
You know I am a woman and I don't see anything on this site that has or would offend me. I have said it before and I'll say it again I can appreciate a pretty woman half naked and all, not even a fully naked woman would offened me.

I enjoy the way this site is and how relaxing it is. When I feel stressed I just have to sit back read the bantering and it makes me feel better. Yes this is an XJ board but that is what the sections are for to ask the questions, get the answers and show off everyones progress. I have mainly put the other site I am a member on the back burner because I don't feel comfortable enough to post but a few places.

I don't know alot about Jeeps, how to fix them, or even alot of the Modification language eveyone uses, but I like to read about it, learn and I ask questions when I don't understand what was said.

If I offend anyone I will gladly say "I'm sorry" all you have to do is tell me, I don't want to see this board get all stuffy where everyone is afraid to step on each others toes and not say what they are thinking.

Thats my 02 worth

muddeprived
05-15-2009, 02:18 AM
One person left? I wouldn't worry about that. Not everyone thinks the same as this individual, as you can see almost 99% of us enjoy this board the way it is. I wouldn't change anything yet until there's at least a few more complaints.

What's the story on this person leaving anyways? What pictures were posted that offended him/her?

mizedog
05-15-2009, 07:33 AM
I'm not offended by this site. I don't want it to turn into another Pirate though. I'm a member of it, but there's only so much worth-while content. The rest is a bunch of egos picking on each other. I'm too old for that cocky crap. Been there, done that, bored with it now.

So far, so good. Way to go Mudderoy.

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I tend to agree with all the above comments but I must add that cats will be posted from time to time unless I get banned. http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll187/90BlueXJ/Jeep%20Avatars/ak47_cat.gif

lol :smiley-laughing021:

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 08:55 AM
Well let me explain. I have a very strong personality. My basic outlook on life is you do it my way or you are an idiot. I've dulled that down over the years but it still raises it's head from time to time.

Because of that and because I want this board to be a success, I will ask from time to time how's it going. Having someone upset is a good sign to me that maybe I'm forcing my will on people (again).

That is really the only reason I'm asking. I want to make sure the reason for the board being here, the people, are happy with the product.

No worries I'm not changing anything just a sanity check. Thank you very much for all your opinions. :thumbsup:

BlueXJ
05-15-2009, 11:15 AM
As for your sanity check, well you are still insane like always and we like you that way. Don't change!!!

_StationWagon_
05-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Well, nothing really offends me, but I might sure offend some people being as outspoken as I am :headbag:. But if it's ol' Spanky that left, then it's a good thing. He needs to stay in the shop & finish up my bumper! :D :smiley-laughing021:

:popcorn:

Afterwards of course he can come back ... :thumbsup:
(is there a smiley for sticking out my tongue ... ?)

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Well, nothing really offends me, but I might sure offend some people being as outspoken as I am :headbag:. But if it's ol' Spanky that left, then it's a good thing. He needs to stay in the shop & finish up my bumper! :D :smiley-laughing021:

:popcorn:

Afterwards of course he can come back ... :thumbsup:
(is there a smiley for sticking out my tongue ... ?)

:tongueroll::p Oppsss I mis-read. I do NOT have a smiley that is sticking out your tougue.

DETOURS
05-16-2009, 08:22 PM
Lightly edited for political correctness.....

I'd be more disturbed if anything was changed over a single persons over reaction.

_StationWagon_
05-18-2009, 04:51 AM
:tongueroll::p Oppsss I mis-read. I do NOT have a smiley that is sticking out your tougue.
ummm yeah ... that smiley should be tagged "lecherously dragging your tongue on the ground" (known as "oo-la-la" for short). Not quite the image I was trying to convey. Maybe if I saw a pic of some people on here ... I know I have had that reaction to some of the pics posted in the pic threads.

Anyway, enough about that. Who left??? Why???

Jeepster19
05-18-2009, 05:12 PM
I always say,buid a bridge and get over it!!!It's not the end of the world!!!

Jeepster19
05-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I guess I need to watch my spelling next time!Build a bridge!!!

ol"blue
05-24-2009, 12:25 PM
As stated earlier, this site is extremely tame. There hasn't been anything or anyone that's even remotely came close to offending this old fart yet. I guess y'all need to try a lot harder. Anyway, you can't please everyone so I wouldn't get my shorts in a wad because one person bailed. You know what they say about quitters. They usually keep at it until it's their final solution to life's little problems. In wartime, deserters are shot!:thumbsup:

Mudderoy
05-24-2009, 02:48 PM
As stated earlier, this site is extremely tame. There hasn't been anything or anyone that's even remotely came close to offending this old fart yet. I guess y'all need to try a lot harder. Anyway, you can't please everyone so I wouldn't get my shorts in a wad because one person bailed. You know what they say about quitters. They usually keep at it until it's their final solution to life's little problems. In wartime, deserters are shot!:thumbsup:

lol you've been upgraded to the jeep liberty that looks more like a cherokee! :rotfl2:

ol"blue
05-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Moving on up the Jeep ladder.:thumbsup: And I like the Liberty part!:patriot:

jugbutt
07-14-2009, 04:40 PM

In all honesty, and Mudd don't take offense to this!, but this forum is TAME compared to something like Pirate. I know that the intention of this site isn't to be like Pirate, but I mean let's be realistic. We're all adults here, we should all determine what we want to see or not see, and if we don't like it then click the "back" button, and not revisit that thread again.

I second that! If you don't like it hit the button man. :popcorn:

AJ99
07-14-2009, 05:26 PM
I like this site the way it is. There arent people that talk trash because they dont like what you like. I am on pirate every now and then and i am also on Naxja. There are people on both sites that knock you down for trying. Heck i have a friend that does the same thing (not really a friend more of an acquaintance). I cant stand people like that or people that think they are way better than you or there stuff is better than yours.

This site is laid back and chill. The only pointers i have are LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY. Filter the members!!!! If there comes a time when someone like that comes in to this site and starts doing the above statement ban them...

Mudderoy
07-14-2009, 09:15 PM
I like this site the way it is. There arent people that talk trash because they dont like what you like. I am on pirate every now and then and i am also on Naxja. There are people on both sites that knock you down for trying. Heck i have a friend that does the same thing (not really a friend more of an acquaintance). I cant stand people like that or people that think they are way better than you or there stuff is better than yours.

This site is laid back and chill. The only pointers i have are LETS KEEP IT THAT WAY. Filter the members!!!! If there comes a time when someone like that comes in to this site and starts doing the above statement ban them...

Well in that same laid back approach anyone that isn't laid back we'll try to coach first. My goal is to have a site that people have fun, and help people that need information. There's no class system here. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone. Hell you don't even have to have a Jeep!

If you don't have a Jeep, I bet you'll want one hanging around here though! :thumbsup:

BlueXJ
07-14-2009, 09:34 PM
I wanna know who the cat haters are out there. I need to :sign0024: you for even thinking badly about cats.

Mudderoy
07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
I wanna know who the cat haters are out there. I need to :ban: you for even thinking badly about cats.

I'm going to get a picture of a cat, and a picture of Michael Jackson and morph them together. That'll mess you up bad! :smiley-laughing021:

BlueXJ
07-14-2009, 09:39 PM
I'm going to get a picture of a cat, and a picture of Michael Jackson and morph them together. That'll mess you up bad! :smiley-laughing021:

Wanna send a swarm of locusts down on me too?? No wonder Ike hit you guys so bad. God is watching you guys being bad to cats and different kinds of people. :mad0090:

firehawk
07-14-2009, 09:46 PM
Wanna send a swarm of locusts down on me too?? No wonder Ike hit you guys so bad. God is watching you guys being bad to cats and different kinds of people. :mad0090:

I'm with Blue on the cat thing. I know guys are "supposed" to hate cats...I guess it's a macho thing or something.:confused:

Personally...IMHO a dog is the biggest waste of tissue on this earth!:popcorn: All they do is pi** and s**t on everything. They stink, and if you give them a bath, they STILL stink. They jump on you, and slobber on everything.

If you put enough food down, and a litterbox you could be gone for a week with a cat. Try THAT with a stupid dog!

Can anyone tell I despise dogs?:mad0090:

BlueXJ
07-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Jack Bauer would have a cat. No stinkin' dog for him, right firehawk???

firehawk
07-14-2009, 09:56 PM
Jack Bauer would have a cat. No stinkin' dog for him, right firehawk???

Hell yes!:thumbsup: Honestly HE would have already shot the two damn dogs next door that bark ALL THE TIME, and pistol wipped the owners!:thumbsup:

Uh...antifreeze anyone?:headbag:

BlueXJ
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Well I don't want to take another life. Even if it is a dog. I would just not own another dog. Had tried one in SE Asia once and they were not that tasty anyway. Young ones are very tender but just not tasty like monkey is.

Melissa
07-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Come on now boys, you can't tell me if you had a puppy that looked like mine did, you wouldn't think it's the cutest thing you ever saw.

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/HPIM0153.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/HPIM0131.jpg

http://i730.photobucket.com/albums/ww305/melreese83/misc%20pictures/HPIM0148.jpg

Mudderoy
07-14-2009, 10:38 PM
I'm with Blue on the cat thing. I know guys are "supposed" to hate cats...I guess it's a macho thing or something.:confused:

Personally...IMHO a dog is the biggest waste of tissue on this earth!:popcorn: All they do is pi** and s**t on everything. They stink, and if you give them a bath, they STILL stink. They jump on you, and slobber on everything.

If you put enough food down, and a litterbox you could be gone for a week with a cat. Try THAT with a stupid dog!

Can anyone tell I despise dogs?:mad0090:

Dogs are great, stupid, but great. There's only a few breeds that I will have around the house though. Love cats, I've had several Tom cats. My wife doesn't like cats, so no cats for Muddy, ahhh the kids. We just recently got a dog! It's a terrier Chihuahua mix.

AJ99
07-15-2009, 12:47 AM
See im more of a dog person. I have two dogs that we rescued. The first we have had for 4 years. We found her on the side of the road when she was a pup. She has became the best dog i have ever had. She is very protective of my two daughters and my wife. When i am not home there are a select few people that can come over and she wont care. Our newest dog is kinda retarded lol. I just caught him on top of my bigscreen TV looking out the window and he isnt a small dog.

Onto our cats... our cats are retarded. they will drag clothing out of the hamper into the litter box. they will scratch on my dryer which is next to their enclosed litter box (they hang out of it). They stink up the house. they attack my feet while i am sleeping. They contently try to sleep ontop of our 6 month old.

Mudderoy
07-15-2009, 08:55 AM
See im more of a dog person. I have two dogs that we rescued. The first we have had for 4 years. We found her on the side of the road when she was a pup. She has became the best dog i have ever had. She is very protective of my two daughters and my wife. When i am not home there are a select few people that can come over and she wont care. Our newest dog is kinda retarded lol. I just caught him on top of my bigscreen TV looking out the window and he isnt a small dog.

Onto our cats... our cats are retarded. they will drag clothing out of the hamper into the litter box. they will scratch on my dryer which is next to their enclosed litter box (they hang out of it). They stink up the house. they attack my feet while i am sleeping. They contently try to sleep ontop of our 6 month old.

Most dogs don't have much character. Our dog is part cat. He still has that dumb look on his face, but he jumps up, crawls under, gets in your lap, does some really funny things, like run laps in the living room at TOP speed. All you see is a little brown blur.

Cats are hilarious. Animals are great, never met a dog I didn't try to pet, and usually did 99% of the time. When I was little this used to drive my Mom nuts. I would go up to any dog to pet it.

After we got this dog I made it very clear to the family. This isn't a person, this is a dog. If things get tough, we'll eat him. :rotfl2:

Melissa
07-15-2009, 12:35 PM
See now my bird dog is retarded, great hunting dog, very loveable, but retarded.

But my Aussie is extremely smart, even as a puppy he was a very quick learner and he listens well. When he was just 8 weeks old I taught him to sit in less than ten minutes, now he can be running full bore and you say "sit", he slams on on his behind and then sits there untill you tell him "go ahead".

My cat, now she is just the "fat princess" and does pretty much whatever she wants

BlueXJ
07-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Cats listen and then take their time getting back to you. It is because they really don't need you to survive and they know it. Dogs see you as their leader and will fawn over you. A nioce way to say brown-nose you.They are not able to think on their own.