PDA

View Full Version : NEW Front STM's AVAILABLE-

DETOURS
07-09-2010, 09:25 AM
Detours is now offering FRONT STM's, many have asked over the years, I finally found the time to nail it....

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/Detoursusa/MISC2010005small.jpg

Already a few sets out there, results are 100% positive, application is Dana 30 found under XJ's, MJ's, YJ's and TJ's, also can be used with the Rubi D44.

If you need added length to your existing shocks, the Front STM's provide 1.5", just like our rear STM's.
100% bolt in application, ships primer gray.

Pricing for XJTalk members: 65.00 with 'FREE' shipping......:patriot: (lower 48)

Contact Detours via pm, email or phone- 606-845-0024

NickM
07-09-2010, 10:05 AM
STM's?
What are they?

Nick

CT99XJ
07-09-2010, 10:24 AM
you have no idea how much more awesome Detours just got to me. Rocking the old-school sliders right now and once i get my new shocks, i'll be rocking these :thumbsup:

DETOURS
07-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Nick- Heres a link to the rears- http://www.detoursusa.com/xjstm.php

STM's ("Stop The Madness") were orig. developed as a permanent solution to the rear upper shock connection which is prone to failure & corrosion......catching it before it happens, saves ALOT of headache.
The STM can also be used to 'cheat' a shock.....say you add lift to your existing lift.....or 2 inches to stock........well, your shocks are now too short unless you buy new......adding STM's allows you to keep the shocks you may already be happy with.....

Like-wise up front, while the connections dont fail like the rears, if you add lift, own ACO's or add spacers, the STM's allow you to cheat your shocks 1.5-2".........

Cost difference is due to the ammount of extra machining required for the front units, install time is 1/2 hour or less.

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

NickM
07-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Got it.
Wouldn't work in my application, already running long shocks and only 2" lift, and didn't have the typical issues with the rear upper mounts, but looks like it would work great for some other people!
Thanks for the explanation.

Nick