PDA

View Full Version : What about the new Jeep-models

cherok
05-12-2009, 02:55 PM
The Jeep Cherokee (XJ) for me is the most beautiful car ever build in the world.
What do you think about the new Jeep designs?
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/images/comparo/patriot_cherokee.jpg

Rubicon is nice.:thumbsup:
The new Cherokee rather nice.:confused:
The others bad.:headshake:

Jeep, please make the Cherokee more XJ again!

Mudderoy
05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
The Wranglers are the only one's I like. The 4 door one is cool.

_StationWagon_
05-12-2009, 04:28 PM
The Jeep Cherokee (XJ) for me is the most beautiful car ever build in the world.
What do you think about the new Jeep designs?

Rubicon is nice.:thumbsup:
The new Cherokee rather nice.:confused:
The others bad.:headshake:

Jeep, please make the Cherokee more XJ again!

What "new Cherokee"??? There's Only One! Such a animal does not exist.

Having said that, I think the WJ Grand Cherokee ('99-'04) is the best looking Jeep vehicle ever designed. And I can say this, even with me prefering to own & drive the XJ; the WJ is sexy and distinctive in appearance.

The new Jeeps are pretty boring. The Patriot & the new Libby look enough like the XJ for me to give them a second glance, but that's about it. The WK looks like total crap, with those dumb looking dual round headlights & the goofy shape. (What were they thinking???) The new Wranglers aren't bad. I like the aggressive flairs. But I don't take well to a vehicle that's designed to break apart like a toy.

DETOURS
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
The '02 - 04 Liberty can be pretty kool, after an owner does a front solid axle conversion. :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
05-12-2009, 06:26 PM
The '02 - 04 Liberty can be pretty kool, after an owner does a front solid axle conversion. :thumbsup:

Blasphemy!

firehawk
05-12-2009, 07:23 PM
What "new Cherokee"??? There's Only One! Such a animal does not exist.

I believe the Liberty is sold overseas as a Cherokee.

I was just wondering last night if anyone had put a solid axle under a Liberty.:confused:

IMO, other than the Grand Cherokee and JK, all the other Jeep vehicles are just plain butt ugly. Jeep ruined the Liberty with the last redesign.:thumbdown: The Compass is just a car:thumbdown:, the Patriot....well...ho hum. I could like the Commander if it had a more XJ style grill, loose the bling plastic headlights, and put a set of XJ rectangular headlights on it.

Hey Spanky, why don't you get on that!

cher96
05-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I believe the Liberty is sold overseas as a Cherokee.

I was just wondering last night if anyone had put a solid axle under a Liberty.:confused:

The Liberty is sold in Europe as the Cherokee and comes with an optional Diesel Engine.

I talked to a guy in Pennsylvania about his converted KJ while I was up there visiting one of my Daughters and my Grandkids.

Here are a few URLs of the Liberty being Converted to Front Solid Axles:

http://www.4wdandsportutility.com/tech/0802_4wd_2007_jeep_jk_2wd_to_4wd_conversion/index.html

http://www.off-roadweb.com/features/0406or_2003_jeep_liberty/index.html

http://home.comcast.net/~jedijawa/

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=rustys&Category_Code=PROJECTLIBERTY

Melissa
05-12-2009, 08:36 PM
IMO, other than the Grand Cherokee and JK, all the other Jeep vehicles are just plain butt ugly. Jeep ruined the Liberty with the last redesign.:thumbdown: The Compass is just a car:thumbdown:, the Patriot....well...ho hum. I could like the Commander if it had a more XJ style grill, loose the bling plastic headlights, and put a set of XJ rectangular headlights on it.

X1000!!! :thumbsup:

cher96
05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Here's a Lift Kit for [you] for their Patriot. It still rides way to low to be of any good off road. I have no idea how it could ever be "Trail Rated" in stock condition even if they have an "Off Road" version. BION: This kit is for a Compass, too.

http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4667

BTW: Tried the [ you] code again. LOL

muddeprived
05-13-2009, 05:36 AM
The Wranglers are the only one's I like. The 4 door one is cool.

Yeah the 4-door jk is a cherokee returned from the dead disguised as a JK, but with a frame and removable top. :)

Mudderoy
05-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Yeah the 4-door jk is a cherokee returned from the dead disguised as a JK, but with a frame and removable top. :)

With what little I know about it if they have had the 4 door JK when we bought the Cherokee this site would be named jk4dtalk.com. :D

I agree with you it's a Cherokee reborn. Just goes to show you someone IS thinking at Chrysler. If we could afford one we would have already got one for my wife.

At this point the Cherokee stays, at least until Obama sends the SWAT team to make me give it up. :eek:

Dirt Dogg Rydas
05-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Here's a Lift Kit for [you] for their Patriot. It still rides way to low to be of any good off road. I have no idea how it could ever be "Trail Rated" in stock condition even if they have an "Off Road" version. BION: This kit is for a Compass, too.

http://www.rocky-road.com/patriotsus.html

http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4667

BTW: Tried the [ you] code again. LOL

We don't have a patriot. only the xj, a stratus, and a galant. the only newer jeep i like is the wranglers, although the compass would be a nice little ride for my daughter when she gets old enough to drive

cher96
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I was using the [ you] code. LOL

When you use [ you] (without the space) it places the reader's Username in the post.

Example: I think [ you] (without the space) is really cool!
It becomes: I think [you] is really cool.

Pretty neat stuff. Lot's of laughs using the code.

Sorry

DETOURS
05-13-2009, 06:55 PM
{you} speaking in code? :smiley-laughing021:

xjarcher
05-14-2009, 11:51 AM
It becomes: I think xjarcher is really cool.

Thanks Cher!! It's nice to be liked. My students are just short of death threats this time of year. 3 got so mad because I asked them to work instead of consuming oxygen that they left. go figure.
Quote from a friend
I mean, the nerve of some people!!! Send them to school, and all they do is chew on the books!

Jeep chime in--
I don't mind the commander, wife hates it. I love the jk 4 door and it will be my next jeep when slave #1 gets my xj. Beyond that my sister has an 04 Libby and I tolerate it because it's hers. compass and patriot, nope not in my house!

cher96
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
I have no need for a "New Model" Jeep. I'll stay with '96 XJs as long as there are parts or until I can't afford the gas to drive them.

cher96
05-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I like the 4 dr JK but I do not like the engine! It s*cks.

xjarcher
05-15-2009, 05:16 AM

It's definitely not a 4.0 I6 in terms of low end torque. I had one in a minivan, drove it for 8 years. It was reasonably reliable and had decent gas mileage. I'm thinking that when I get a JK I'll tell the Mrs. that we need an extra few bucks for upgrades and in addition to the lift I'll add some forced induction to the mix. That will solve the lack of grunt issue. Since every mopar valve cover leaks it will be easy enough to get at them. in a minivan the bank by the firewall was a job for the rubber guy from the Fantastic 4.

muddeprived
05-15-2009, 05:47 AM
I test drove a standard JK (2 door) and it was quite peppy. I have no complaints on the v-6. I'm coming from 4 cyl TJ on 33's and stock gearing so ANYTHING is better than that. Low range power is great with the v-6 though. I stuck it in low and let off the gas and it crawled. Pretty nice rig IMO. I would trade my xj for it anyday. :)

Before you curse at me, just remember that I'm a wrangler guy driving a station wagon but i like the station wagon so be nice to me :)

Mudderoy
05-15-2009, 09:26 AM

Yep, that's the feeling I got. If/when we can I'm going to get a 98ish Wrangler with the 4.0L.

BlueXJ
05-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I test drove a standard JK (2 door) and it was quite peppy. I have no complaints on the v-6. I'm coming from 4 cyl TJ on 33's and stock gearing so ANYTHING is better than that. Low range power is great with the v-6 though. I stuck it in low and let off the gas and it crawled. Pretty nice rig IMO. I would trade my xj for it anyday. :)

Before you curse at me, just remember that I'm a wrangler guy driving a station wagon but i like the station wagon so be nice to me :)

One more statement like that and I'm going to sneak up on you and lock your butt in that freezer one night.

Jeepster19
05-16-2009, 08:30 AM
I would love to put one on my xj,but I am a single dad of two doing it on my own.A lift kit means bigger tires and a nice set of wheels to go with,then flares to make it look right.As of right now I have been focusing on mileage,my goal is to get to 18mpg in town,but I don't know if thats possible,but I'm going to do everything I can think of within reason to get there.

Voldemort
05-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Wrangler & the grand till '04 That is it. My buddy just sold His 12" lifted quad cab Chevy 1500HD Cause he wanted the '03 Grand Cherokee Outlander and it is very nice. I rather have My XJ's and my wife wants a new black 4-door wrangler with the hard top.