PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust clips

Voldemort
05-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I think it would be useful to have a thread with everyone puts what exhaust hey have and if they can post a sound clip I'm going to get mine as soon as I get the new muff on.

'92 Blue XJ
Stock manifold (for now),2.25 pipe, no cat, no muff(got a Flowmaster super 44 to replace old one that was put out of commission:headshake:)
Here is a guy that has what I have and i sounds dead on this will have to do till I get mine.
YouTube - '95 XJ w/ Flowmaster, no cat, 2.5" pipes

'94 Red XJ
Stock manifold,2.25 pipe, no cat, Stock Muff till I get Baby blue back than on to red's new Muffler!

Mudderoy
05-10-2009, 09:06 PM
http://xjtalk.com/images/special/JeepNewMufflerCat.jpg

YouTube - Jeep Sounds 2

YouTube - Jeep Sounds 1

cher96
05-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Mudderoy... Your Exhaust looks Great! What Brand, Model, and size Exhaust Components are you running? I couldn't see a Cat Sensor on the Cat. Are you running without one? If so, how do you do it? Your Exhaust including the Cat looks like it is 3". I am probably wrong... but I am curious. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I do not have Photos but this is what I have:

Stainless Performance Exhaust Header wrapped and sealed with DEI Header Wrap and Hi Temp Silicone Sealer.

Stock Cat

2.5" Aluminized Flowmaster 50 Muffler

2.5" Aluminized Tailpipe

I do not have a Camera or I would post Photos.

Melissa
05-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Mine has been on for almost 6 years, It's a two chamber flowmaster, it doesn't sound as good as it usually does but I recoreded it on my digital camera

YouTube - Flowmaster Exhaust On My Cherokee 2

YouTube - Flowmaster Exhaust On My Cherokee

Voldemort
05-10-2009, 10:01 PM
This is what I like. And Mudderoy Did that Muffler come with the Diamond plate on it? Also yours sounds just like mine with the stock Muffler and no cat.

Mudderoy
05-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Mudderoy... Your Exhaust looks Great! What Brand, Model, and size Exhaust Components are you running? I couldn't see a Cat Sensor on the Cat. Are you running without one? If so, how do you do it? Your Exhaust including the Cat looks like it is 3". I am probably wrong... but I am curious. Thanks. :thumbsup:

I do not have Photos but this is what I have:

Stainless Performance Exhaust Header wrapped and sealed with DEI Header Wrap and Hi Temp Silicone Sealer.

Stock Cat

2.5" Aluminized Flowmaster 50 Muffler

2.5" Aluminized Tailpipe

I do not have a Camera or I would post Photos.

I'm sorry I meant to add more information, but I had to go look it up. Couldn't remember the muffler.

The catalytic converter does have the O2 sensor on it, it's just on the other side. Standard 2.5" (as I recall). It is a Flowmaster Super 44. It came with the diamond plate. I'm very happy with the setup, nice rumble.

Voldemort
05-11-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm sorry I meant to add more information, but I had to go look it up. Couldn't remember the muffler.

The catalytic converter does have the O2 sensor on it, it's just on the other side. Standard 2.5" (as I recall). It is a Flowmaster Super 44. It came with the diamond plate. I'm very happy with the setup, nice rumble.

I found it on their site it is called the "OFF-ROAD" Super 44. It said it has a 14 gauge casing around it to protect during off-road activities.It cost about the same at $89.99 on Summit so now I want one.
http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/products/images/42541OR.jpg

Mudderoy
05-11-2009, 08:57 AM
lol "off road activities" I like that. Yep that's the one.