PDA

View Full Version : "Loosing the Locks" for Breast Cancer

JENSSEN
06-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Help make 2010 the biggest and best year for donations!

From Stephanie:

For the past three years I have been deeply and personally involved raising funds for The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
This is a cause very close to my heart as a member of my family is a three time Breast Cancer survivor. During difficult and confusing times, she was able to lean on the Breast Cancer foundation for support and information that helped her through her difficult journey.
At the Highriders challenge www.highriders.ca on July 3 & 4th in Alix Alberta, the fundraising will continue for another year. Funds are raised through the sale of merchandise, and our most popular event “Brave the shave”. I have been shaving heads at the event for donations in years past, and this year, I will finally be contributing on a more personal level.
I will be cutting off and donating my hair to be made into a wig for cancer patients, some of whom suffer from Breast cancer, in an effort to help them regain some of their self confidence after treatments such as chemotherapy.

http://i49.tinypic.com/eguzwj.jpg

If you would like sponsor me, donations can be made in person to Jenssen or Stephanie Aiken. Or on our website www.racingforthecure.ca via PayPal. our Team will also be accepting donations at the www.highriders.ca Challenge as well as selling T-shirts and Stickers with 100% of the proceeds going the the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
Any donation over $20 by cash or cheque is also tax refundable, and a tax receipt will be issued in 4-6 weeks from the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation.
To view your money at work please visit:
http://www.cbcf.org/en-US/Prairies%20NWT/Our%20Chapter%20in%20Action.aspx
You can also always ask me for more details. Thank you for your time
Stephanie MacDonald-Aiken

xj4life2
06-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Tshirts, Stickers who do we contact to get these ?? Are they the ones on the site or are they the event shirts ?

reddragon72
06-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Just want to let you know your not the only one. I have been letting my hair grow for a year for the cause Locks of Love.

Those that where at the Houston June 7th meet and greet may have wondered why my hair is so long and didn't hear me mention it. Figured some little girl with cancer would love natural red hair. Not to mention a friend of me and my wife is a breast cancer survivor and she loves to die her hair red so it is fitting that a little girl will get something she can only wish for and I hope to make that wish come true.

And I'm not here to take away from your spot, but if more people did this for any group anywhere it would really help out!

JENSSEN
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
We will pre sell the T-shirts and stickers, just waiting on proofs for the shirts, first run I believe is 75 and 50 die cut vynal stickers which will be ready saturday,..

[email protected] is the "lose the locks" contact as well as pre buys on shirts and stickers,..

I will get Her to post up all the details shortly.

:) Thanks for your support! :)

Mudderoy
06-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Just want to let you know your not the only one. I have been letting my hair grow for a year for the cause Locks of Love.

Those that where at the Houston June 7th meet and greet may have wondered why my hair is so long and didn't hear me mention it. Figured some little girl with cancer would love natural red hair. Not to mention a friend of me and my wife is a breast cancer survivor and she loves to die her hair red so it is fitting that a little girl will get something she can only wish for and I hope to make that wish come true.

And I'm not here to take away from your spot, but if more people did this for any group anywhere it would really help out!

I noticed it, thought it was sexy, but didn't want to say anything since your woman was there. :smiley-laughing021:

reddragon72
06-20-2010, 12:12 PM
I noticed it, thought it was sexy, but didn't want to say anything since your woman was there. :smiley-laughing021:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! But seriously I catch all kinds of crap from friends at work so it is no big deal. Been told tons of time that I have girls hair :cheerleader: Hello sailor :smiley-laughing021:

JENSSEN
06-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Stephanie has almost hit the $1000.00 mark on Her "Losing the Locks" fundraiser! Please check out www.racingforthecure.ca/home to read the story now with an added PayPal "Donate" link! Help make 2010 the Best year for the cause and the HighRiders.ca challenge!