PDA

View Full Version : Recent Banning

Mudderoy
06-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Well since we've officially banned bigbadxj I'll post a little something. I'm sure there will still be questions.

Here is the next to final straw that brought on the ban.

That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while!:smiley-laughing021: The more parallel your control arms are the better road manners it will have. But, if you just do long arms and neglect the track bar springs shocks etc.. than it will still be rough(not nearly as bad as short arms). I think they should not even offer a short arm lift over 4", period.

Well I disagree. The person was trying to help me with information. I came here and asked everyone's opinion. Hearing an opinion of "That is the dumbest thing I have heard in a while!" isn't helpful, and the person that told me this may be upset at your candor. In fact this goes against my primary rule on this site. No one has a dumb question, or in this case statement.

I have stated before in several posts that I want this site to be a free flowing ideas, jokes, etc... with a few exceptions. We don't have the rules written down anywhere because we'll just let you know when you've gone over the line. Nudge you back into the "light" so to speak without calling a lot of attention to it.

The REASON this site is here is because I could NOT stand the A$$HOLES on the other sites that belittled people that didn't know. They are either NEW to the Jeep world, or they are true idiots. It doesn't matter! People need to feel like they can ask a question and not be ridiculed! If the moderators and I have to search for information that a member needs we will. If we have to teach them to look up their information we will. My God people we ALL were new at this at one time or the other. Hell I've only been learning about Jeep for the past 3 years. There is a lot I don't know.

This wasn't bigbadxj's first offense. Several days went by from my response to his post above. I was hopeful that being a proud man bigbadxj was just going to let it go and try not to do it again. But he had a problem with my rule and he explained to me why last night.

He had one of two possible correct replies to my post.

1) I didn't mean to offend anyone. I won't do that again. Apology to the person...
2) No response just stop calling people stupid, etc...

Neither of those happened, so I had already determined that I was going to ask bigbadxj to leave the site and not return. Through conversation with the moderators it was determined that he should be banned.

I hate losing any members, especially any that contribute so much to the site. You need to understand that no matter how special you are it is expected that common manners and respect are shown to each other. Good natured ribbing is going to occur. It's like sexual harassment. If the other person is okay with it then it's fine.

bigbadxj is dead! Long live bigbadxj. :smiley-laughing021:

BTW feel free to express your opinions here. I'm more than happy to read them and as long as you are respectful of others there is little to fear being awarded a ban. :patriot:

drakan1908
06-17-2010, 10:20 AM
:thumbsup: I think other sites should follow your lead in this. Everybody is here to learn and have a good time. There is enough crap in this world and I like to think that this is my escape from that everyday crap. I like this site though I don't come as much as some of you guys mainly because I have a ZJ but I still enjoy the people here. (maybe add a Grand section in the future :D)

Mudderoy
06-17-2010, 10:21 AM
:thumbsup: I think other sites should follow your lead in this. Everybody is here to learn and have a good time. There is enough crap in this world and I like to think that this is my escape from that everyday crap. I like this site though I don't come as much as some of you guys mainly because I have a ZJ but I still enjoy the people here. (maybe add a Grand section in the future :D)

I may just do that, and Drakan you'd be the only reason. :thumbsup: :D

rguignard
06-17-2010, 10:50 AM

a lot of what we do to are xj's will work on your zj so if you have anything to add please do :thumbsup: and a build up would be nice to see on one. going back to the other thing theres a lot of sites the you can get shit on and ive been to lots of them i just dont post on them :thumbdown: i might go look up something but thats about it this is the site that my build is on and its the only one that its on :thumbsup: and maybe adding a grand section is a good idea muddy? put it to a vote :thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
a lot of what we do to are xj's will work on your zj so if you have anything to add please do :thumbsup: and a build up would be nice to see on one. going back to the other thing theres a lot of sites the you can get shit on and ive been to lots of them i just dont post on them :thumbdown: i might go look up something but thats about it this is the site that my build is on and its the only one that its on :thumbsup: and maybe adding a grand section is a good idea muddy? put it to a vote :thumbsup:

X2 Had that happen the other day. I hate it when I have to get aggressive and defend myself. Things like that don't happen as much in person. Too much temptation to hide behind the screen and be rude. I like the ambiance of this site and spend most of my time here because of it.

Melissa
06-17-2010, 02:08 PM
The whole reason I am on this site and do not visit any other XJ sites, even though I payed to be a life member on one of them is because of the easy going, fun, and helpful nature of this site. My final straw on another site came when I had a question and instead of getting an answer I got someone telling me DUH.... we have already covered this question posted by someone else and to go read that thread and not bother us about it again. Well I had tried to look it up before I posted my question, but I did not know the right "terminology" so my search failed to bring me the answer. After that made me cry ( I'm a girl, I do that now and then :rotfl2:) I was angry, hurt and did not want to go back to the site.

Now since I have been on here, never once have I felt that I was being belittled, in fact I have had so much encouragement when I am trying to find answers I have tackled and fixed more problems hands on that I NEVER would have tried to do by myself before.

Thank You xjtalk, Thank You Mudderoy, Thank You members :patriot:

Mudderoy
06-17-2010, 02:32 PM
The whole reason I am on this site and do not visit any other XJ sites, even though I payed to be a life member on one of them is because of the easy going, fun, and helpful nature of this site. My final straw on another site came when I had a question and instead of getting an answer I got someone telling me DUH.... we have already covered this question posted by someone else and to go read that thread and not bother us about it again. Well I had tried to look it up before I posted my question, but I did not know the right "terminology" so my search failed to bring me the answer. After that made me cry ( I'm a girl, I do that now and then :rotfl2:) I was angry, hurt and did not want to go back to the site.

Now since I have been on here, never once have I felt that I was being belittled, in fact I have had so much encouragement when I am trying to find answers I have tackled and fixed more problems hands on that I NEVER would have tried to do by myself before.

This really makes me feel good. I'm very glad we, including you as a moderator, are hitting the mark. :thumbsup:

4.3LXJ
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM

Our pleasure Melissa

xj4life2
06-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Bigbadxj he is a very knowlegable guy and a memeber of our elite group of XJ owners, Its really to bad this had to happen as we all have lost in the long run. However rules are there for a reason and I applaud all of you for enforceing them and effecting this hard task.I'm sure it was a difficult decision to make. Especially when a simple apology, re wording , could have stopped this whole incident. I will also say that the user /question friendly attitude is why I'm here even if its not as often as I'd like to be. I have met many nice people because of this site and for that I thank you all . Keep up the good work !!!
Mark

Mudderoy
06-17-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Bigbadxj he is a very knowlegable guy and a memeber of our elite group of XJ owners, Its really to bad this had to happen as we all have lost in the long run. However rules are there for a reason and I applaud all of you for enforceing them and effecting this hard task.I'm sure it was a difficult decision to make. Especially when a simple apology, re wording , could have stopped this whole incident. I will also say that the user /question friendly attitude is why I'm here even if its not as often as I'd like to be. I have met many nice people because of this site and for that I thank you all . Keep up the good work !!!
Mark

I agree Mark, and thank you for your kind words. Everyone has a different personality and we try to make room for everyone, but of course situations will occur when it just doesn't work out.

We've been going for over a year now and this is the first perm ban of a member we have done. I think that says a lot about the maturity level of our members.

muddeprived
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Wow I never thought of BigBad being the banned type but from what's shown here, you did the right thing Mudd. That situation could've easily been resolved but it takes two to come to an agreement. What surprised me the most was this was the first ban of the site since it's birth. That tells ya something.....:thumbsup:

Melissa, since I no longer see ya over on the other board, I'm assuming this 'duh' situation came from there. I am sorry that it slipped by and your feelings were hurt. If I had seen that kind of response, I would have done something about it. That is not an attitude we tolerate and it's unfortunate this individual got away with it. If it did occur on CT, again, I apologize and if you can point me in the direction of this thread I can maybe do something about it still. I am willing to speak with the rest of the mod team and issue you a refund for your supporting membership (but it would be so nice to have you visit again sometime). It's the least I can do.

Chris

cantab27
08-22-2010, 02:46 AM
first time i have read this thread , like the others have said ,this is a friendly good natured site best one im on .... have mentioned before that our local one is just fill of bullshit and bitch fights ..... so yeah thanks for the site and the way you moderators run it ....top job ......

d0nt_h8
08-22-2010, 11:22 AM
This is my first time reading the 'Banned' thread as well.. and I have to agree- I've joined some of the other wheeling sites as well.. one of them touts themselves as 'extreme', etc... (aaarrr) and I have to say, the rude people there suck every last bit of fun out of sharing your experiences as well.. and it's from more than just one person..

The comments and behavior are pathetic toward people who use different terms, or maybe whose goal ISN'T just to strip their xj down & make it non street-legal.

Don't ever change the way you manage this site- it keeps the knuckleheads from visiting, and keeps an air of cooperation, sportsmanship and fun. XJT is the most satisfying site of this kind to visit, simply because the people are so much better.

Let the other sites have fun with all of the infighting and boneheads. While they are talking about their latest weld, we'll be discussing the cool trails we just hit.:thumbsup::driving:

Mudderoy
08-22-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks guys. Please tell your friends about xjtalk. My goal is to take over the XJ forum world and therefore force the other sites to police their sites for un-helpful behavior. Or just take over. :D

If you don't have any friends, make some then tell them about xjtalk. :patriot:

ice_cold
08-25-2010, 11:27 AM
AHHH,You drive a Jeep Cherokee...everyone is your friend! At least where I am they are. XJ is the crossover....not as crude as the YJ, TJ, not as fancy as a ZJ,WJ. Able to use info from both parties!
As to OP, yep thats why I come here, I find info easy and looking for answers just as easy. Without the "Buy a real Jeep" attitude I get from some sites.
So keep the info flowing, and the good hearted ribbing, cause its what you all do best!!
Mike

alwaysxj
08-25-2010, 02:07 PM
wow.... that is why i have not seen him around.

BlueXJ
08-26-2010, 12:41 PM
XJTalk is the best and easiest site to find info on the XJ. I think we have a great site too and want to see peace and harmony among all the users. If we had to lose one guy to accomplish that then so be it.