PDA

View Full Version : Costs to own/drive a XJ in Holland

cherok
05-08-2009, 01:38 AM
In Holland the costs to own/drive a car are high.
For my XJ for example:
Ensurance: $40/month
Roadtax: $339/3 months
Gasoline: $6,58/gallon

Is this shocking news for you?
We are used to it.

Melissa
05-08-2009, 02:07 AM
Wow, yes that is shocking to me. Why do they charge a road tax?

Heppner does not have a road tax, our gas is $2.35 a gallon and insurance for my Jeep and my Dodge truck is $95 a month

Do you have tags on your license plate?

I have to renew the tags on my Jeep every one or two years (can't remember which) but thats only $54 dollars.

Mudderoy
05-08-2009, 02:44 AM
In Holland the costs to own/drive a car are high.
For my XJ for example:
Ensurance: $40/month
Roadtax: $339/3 months
Gasoline: $6,58/gallon

Is this shocking news for you?
We are used to it.

You have a lot of government provided services there don't you?

DETOURS
05-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Do you pay property tax on your vehicals?

Whats it cost to own a horse?

BlueXJ
05-08-2009, 07:18 AM
I think his road use tax is just seperate from ours we have it as part of fuel taxes and tag taxes. But the surprizing thing was how high it is.

cher96
05-09-2009, 01:26 PM
Wow, yes that is shocking to me. Why do they charge a road tax?

Heppner does not have a road tax, our gas is $2.35 a gallon and insurance for my Jeep and my Dodge truck is $95 a month

Do you have tags on your license plate?

I have to renew the tags on my Jeep every one or two years (can't remember which) but thats only $54 dollars.

I wish I paid what you pay!

My Insurance is $189 a month.

I think it is because I live in a really bad zip code area and have had my XJ stolen twice in 3 years which I have never reported to an insurance company. Thieves go through alarms and bull bars here. Now, I have a Fuel pump cut off switch mounted on the pillar between the drivers door and the back door.

I have no speeding tickets and had no accidents. What can I say. I have tried every insurance company to try and find a lower rate... no such luck.

Melissa
05-09-2009, 04:53 PM
I wish I paid what you pay!

My Insurance is $189 a month.

I think it is because I live in a really bad zip code area and have had my XJ stolen twice in 3 years which I have never reported to an insurance company. Thieves go through alarms and bull bars here. Now, I have a Fuel pump cut off switch mounted on the pillar between the drivers door and the back door.

I have no speeding tickets and had no accidents. What can I say. I have tried every insurance company to try and find a lower rate... no such luck.

The only thing I have to worry about here is if the guy ridding his horse through town is sober or not :smiley-laughing021:

2000XJ
05-09-2009, 11:14 PM
My insurance is also $189/mo, with an impeccable driving record and no accidents. Insurance in Jersey is just sick.

Realistically speaking though, unless you have an old beater, it's not cheap to own a vehicle in the Tri-State Area.

Melissa
05-09-2009, 11:20 PM
My insurance is also $189/mo, with an impeccable driving record and no accidents. Insurance in Jersey is just sick.

Realistically speaking though, unless you have an old beater, it's not cheap to own a vehicle in the Tri-State Area.

Forgive me, but what is the Tri-State area?

BlueXJ
05-09-2009, 11:23 PM
NY/NJ/Conn I think!