PDA

View Full Version : wheeling date

rguignard
05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
ok im thinking about wheeling on labor day weekend im thinking sat but im open to sun as well maybe creek side were we went last sat let me know what y'all think :thumbsup:

Mudderoy
05-19-2010, 12:26 PM
ok im thinking about wheeling on labor day weekend im thinking sat but im open to sun as well maybe creek side were we went last sat let me know what y'all think :thumbsup:

I would like to but I'm going to bump stop my rig before I go out again.

XJ4IV
05-19-2010, 10:47 PM
those things are over rsated lol I might could go I will have my buddy in town from dallas...texj on the forum... he aint been wheelin in a while

rguignard
05-21-2010, 04:15 PM
so its looking like its going to be on sat the 29 if anyone wants to go post up [ there might be some of us going on sun the 23 for whoever wants to go ]

rguignard
05-24-2010, 07:58 PM
ok sat coming up quick whos wanting to go ? post up :thumbsup:

prcjeep
05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
well... I wont be going... gotta find this tapping noise and also fix my waterpump, again

rguignard
05-26-2010, 08:18 AM
this weekend is coming up who want to wheel post up so i know if its going to happen

XJ4IV
05-26-2010, 04:13 PM
Screw the tapping noise... we can make it louder and find it easier.. Looks like my buddy TEXJ and I will be out there in my jeep!

rguignard
05-26-2010, 07:57 PM
i was thinking the same thing :smiley-laughing021:

bigjim350
05-26-2010, 09:26 PM
I should be back in town friday night, if I am I will be there Sat. morning.

rguignard
05-26-2010, 09:54 PM
I should be back in town friday night, if I am I will be there Sat. morning.

hope to see you there

XJ4IV
05-27-2010, 07:25 PM
Hey I aint leaving my place til around 9 or so... LOL keep your phones on and I'll find you guys!!! but we will be there !

rguignard
05-27-2010, 07:44 PM
chicken :smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021:

XJ4IV
05-28-2010, 07:06 AM
no not CHICKEN... Not sure if you noticed but it's SATURDAY!!! I wake up early EVERY day and I wanna sleep in I have been going all week non stop this is my day to RELAX

rguignard
05-28-2010, 01:48 PM
thats what sun and mon are for :thumbsup:

prcjeep
05-28-2010, 01:54 PM
if i get my waterpump resealed and no more leaks I should be able to make it but will be late

rguignard
05-29-2010, 06:19 AM
for any of you going ill be there about 8.30 im in a black xj with green bumpers :thumbsup:

rguignard
06-09-2010, 08:22 PM
not for sure yet but does anyone want to go wheeling this weekend ? and is anyone up for http://www.generalsams.com/info.htm on the june 26 or 27 ? i need to go wheeling :sad0147: i want to see how bad my tires hit the finders before going to general sams i have this coming next week http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=yes&tool=all&item_ID=90789&group_ID=836&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog this way i can cut the finders the right way :smiley-laughing021: anyone who wants to go post up or pm me or if you have my cell number text me or call me

bigjim350
06-09-2010, 10:37 PM
I want to go wheeling sooo bad. My company only has me home a couple days a week, and here lately its weekdays. I have tried to make every meet up in the Houston area since I joined this site and haven't been able to make one. I know some of ya'll are starting to wonder if I even exist.

rguignard
06-10-2010, 06:24 AM
I want to go wheeling sooo bad. My company only has me home a couple days a week, and here lately its weekdays. I have tried to make every meet up in the Houston area since I joined this site and haven't been able to make one. I know some of ya'll are starting to wonder if I even exist.

:smiley-laughing021: well we know you exist you post up all the time do you think youll be home eather of them weekends?

reddragon72
06-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Gen Sams doesn't have a whole lot really and some seriously smelly water :-) hahaha

I've been here (http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/) and it was decent, but a longer drive.

Also there is a decent park in Shilo (http://www.shilohridge.com/index2.htm) that I have been to, but again your looking at a 3+ hour drive to get there.

And in the future for a really kick arse weekend Hidden Falls would be fun!

look here for all the OHV parks (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=http://cdoyler.googlepages.com/WheelingDestinations.kmz&mrt=kmlkmz&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7).

rguignard
06-10-2010, 02:38 PM
Gen Sams doesn't have a whole lot really and some seriously smelly water :-) hahaha

I've been here (http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/) and it was decent, but a longer drive.

Also there is a decent park in Shilo (http://www.shilohridge.com/index2.htm) that I have been to, but again your looking at a 3+ hour drive to get there.

And in the future for a really kick arse weekend Hidden Falls would be fun!

look here for all the OHV parks (http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=http://cdoyler.googlepages.com/WheelingDestinations.kmz&mrt=kmlkmz&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=7).

im looking for something 1 day and bvor is in the plans but im not sure whats going on with it ask scott he wants to make that trip we might rent the whole park when we do it dont know yet and you forgot bmra its a lot of fun but not a 1 day thing :cool:

reddragon72
06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
im looking for something 1 day and bvor is in the plans but im not sure whats going on with it ask scott he wants to make that trip we might rent the whole park when we do it dont know yet and you forgot bmra its a lot of fun but not a 1 day thing :cool:

never been to BMRA and it really is not much further from Shilo. I really need to get my front end straightened up so I can start driving the distance!

rguignard
06-10-2010, 03:53 PM
never been to BMRA and it really is not much further from Shilo. I really need to get my front end straightened up so I can start driving the distance!

when i go somewere like shilo or bmra i trailer mine if i break it i want to be able to get it home i might drive it to sams but thats about it

Four_X_What
06-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Would it be on the 19th? I got a 2years bday party im trying to get of. And that is a great excuse. Im ready whenever its going down!

rguignard
06-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Would it be on the 19th? I got a 2years bday party im trying to get of. And that is a great excuse. Im ready whenever its going down!

we went for a little bit today and i do have to trim my finders before the 26 thats the weekend that i want to try to go to sams what day is good for everyone ? the 26 or 27

Four_X_What
06-16-2010, 12:38 AM
we went for a little bit today and i do have to trim my finders before the 26 thats the weekend that i want to try to go to sams what day is good for everyone ? the 26 or 27

im good on either, cant go the 19th anyway. I "have" to go to the bday party. I thought I stopped taking orders after I got my DD214 but I found out my woman out ranks me lol. :sad0147:

reddragon72
06-17-2010, 10:16 AM
im good on either, cant go the 19th anyway. I "have" to go to the bday party. I thought I stopped taking orders after I got my DD214 but I found out my woman out ranks me lol. :sad0147:

Did you think it would be different, they know we can't think on our own so they take over as captain :rotfl2:

rguignard
06-17-2010, 11:09 AM
ok its getting closer give me a count of whos all going on the 26th to General Sams. and for all of you out there that i havent talked too i was going to be a super lift park on the 4th of july but it looks like that fell through so i was talking to muddy and some others and how bout we try a run to http://www.brazosvalleyoffroadranch.com/
i say we go on the 3rd of july for the day leave early and come home whenever :popcorn: this is something that i will have to call them about so i would like to know who can make it and who might be able to make it. we have to book an event out there so whos in ? ill pm some of you but please post on here too so i can get a head count.
thank you
Rene

reddragon72
06-17-2010, 11:22 AM
I am on track for gen sams, but it'll be a light wheeling day out there for me to just test her out. She was garaged for two years and I'm slowly bringing her back to off road worthiness and don't want to kill her the first day out.

Brazo will be totally based on Gen sam and some of the other items I need to get done due to the hill climbs out there, but I might go and once again do some testing.

I want to one day make it to Moab so I don't want to tear her up and then give up so it is light wheeling at all locations, but at least she can go :-)

cjxjclassic
06-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Brazos Valley is a load of fun. I went with SHR. I kept up with all the TJ's untill one of them flipped their Jeep. If we took a bunch of Cherokee's out there that would be a ton of fun. But on the 4th I'm going to Galveston for the annual Beach Run with SHR. If any of you would like to tag along on that run that would be awesome too. We need more XJ's in the club!!!

rguignard
06-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Brazos Valley is a load of fun. I went with SHR. I kept up with all the TJ's untill one of them flipped their Jeep. If we took a bunch of Cherokee's out there that would be a ton of fun. But on the 4th I'm going to Galveston for the annual Beach Run with SHR. If any of you would like to tag along on that run that would be awesome too. We need more XJ's in the club!!!

what is SHR ?

reddragon72
06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
what is SHR ?

Southern High Rollers.

XJ4IV
06-17-2010, 10:30 PM
I have planned a huge trip for the fourth and invited all my wifes family from all over the state and we are heading to Schlitterbahn that weekend so We are out for the 4th weekend and somewhere else in the july month we are heading to dallas for a weekend to throw my wife a little surprise party with all her friends

reddragon72
06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I have planned a huge trip for the fourth and invited all my wifes family from all over the state and we are heading to Schlitterbahn that weekend so We are out for the 4th weekend and somewhere else in the july month we are heading to dallas for a weekend to throw my wife a little surprise party with all her friends

Man going to the schlit and to dallas with a nice rollercoaster park!! I'm jealous!!

At any rate I have all my bushings done and man did that make a HUGE driving difference, not wabble no wondering and randomly changing lanes and it turns better. Now for the front drive shaft, need to tear it down and rebuild it, but that wont be to hard.

reddragon72
06-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I removed my hitch so I no longer have recovery points, can anyone help me out in the Houston area with some or a place to get a decent temp one till I get my rear bumper.

I have a shackle, but nothing to attach it to.

Mudderoy
06-18-2010, 03:02 PM
I removed my hitch so I no longer have recovery points, can anyone help me out in the Houston area with some or a place to get a decent temp one till I get my rear bumper.

I have a shackle, but nothing to attach it to.

I can't even imagine something for that. I would assume you would have to attach something to the same place the trailer hitch was connected. I wonder if it would be easier just putting the trailer hitch back on.

reddragon72
06-18-2010, 04:11 PM
I can't even imagine something for that. I would assume you would have to attach something to the same place the trailer hitch was connected. I wonder if it would be easier just putting the trailer hitch back on.

I really don't want to put that back on there. But I'm thinking a thick piece of angle iron will work.

Mudderoy
06-18-2010, 04:22 PM
I really don't want to put that back on there. But I'm thinking a thick piece of angle iron will work.

it needs to run parallel to the unibody. I suspect it needs to be attached to both sides of the unibody. So basically you need a "U" shaped piece of metal ummm kind of like a trailer hitch. :D

You may be able to get away with just attaching the angle iron on just one side of the unibody, but you'll need to use all those holes (3 or 4 of them) and a nut strip, otherwise I bet it will put that thin metal apart.

reddragon72
06-18-2010, 04:41 PM
it needs to run parallel to the unibody. I suspect it needs to be attached to both sides of the unibody. So basically you need a "U" shaped piece of metal ummm kind of like a trailer hitch. :D

You may be able to get away with just attaching the angle iron on just one side of the unibody, but you'll need to use all those holes (3 or 4 of them) and a nut strip, otherwise I bet it will put that thin metal apart.

what nut strip? The nuts that were used to attach the hitch are still there and not moving, like they are welded in or something, I cannot move then at all.

And my thoughts where what you said a nice heave piece of angle iron that used all the holes and one on the bumper to add lateral support. It wont be long before I pickup a bumper it just wont be in the next few weeks.

Mudderoy
06-18-2010, 04:48 PM
what nut strip? The nuts that were used to attach the hitch are still there and not moving, like they are welded in or something, I cannot move then at all.

And my thoughts where what you said a nice heave piece of angle iron that used all the holes and one on the bumper to add lateral support. It wont be long before I pickup a bumper it just wont be in the next few weeks.

On mine the nuts are part of a long piece of metal that is inserted in the unibody. Thats the nut strip I was talking about.

Yeah I understand what you are trying to do you just may not have anything to attach the bumper to if you try to use that recovery point and you tear out part of the unibody. Rene would know better than I, I've just have a look at it a couple of times. Personally I'd rather be pulled out from the axle that something attached to the unibody like we're discussing.

reddragon72
06-18-2010, 09:46 PM
So would a bumper be ok if it where tied into the unibody?

rguignard
06-18-2010, 09:48 PM
take a pic and some measurements and i bet i can fab something up ?

OrangeXJ
06-19-2010, 09:07 AM
I don't know yet. Sam's is almost a 6 hour round trip for me. But I'm still thinking about it.

reddragon72
06-19-2010, 12:14 PM
take a pic and some measurements and i bet i can fab something up ?

I'm heading over to lowes to see what they have. basically I'm looking for a 2" wide L bracket pretty thick so I can drill the holes and use all the bolts that held on the hitch. Actually thinking of cutting up the hitch to to make the bracket. I don't plan on doing anything big up there to get stuck, but you can never tell what might happen.

reddragon72
06-20-2010, 12:06 PM
rguignard sorry I didn't call, woke up put yet another can of freon in the jeep and it is still reading low?!?!?! That is one large can and one small can, I'm stumped! No it's not leaking it just seems to be taking a lot in and the meter is still hovering at the need filling and good to go level. then we went and ate then went to lake houston to go fishing. The sunset was awesome!!!

Oh and seen a really kick arse car to! Some of you might have a trip back in time over this one!

But before the pics, any info on the time for next Sat run?

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7356/lakehoustonsunset.jpg

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3891/originalbatmobile.jpg

rguignard
06-20-2010, 09:02 PM
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3891/originalbatmobile.jpg
i want it
looking like about 10 so far

reddragon72
06-21-2010, 09:57 AM
i want it
looking like about 10 so far

The guy said that he is selling it for the right price. He is also working, and had pics, of the 1989 batman vehicle and it looked awesome!

so meetup at 10 in conroe, but where? Who else is going?

rguignard
06-21-2010, 11:30 AM
The guy said that he is selling it for the right price. He is also working, and had pics, of the 1989 batman vehicle and it looked awesome!

so meetup at 10 in conroe, but where? Who else is going?

i think its you and one other. im still waiting to hear from some of the people that i pmed. i want to go for sure

reddragon72
06-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I hope more step up and go, cause this is my first trip in over 3 years! And I am working my arse off trying to get everything done that needs to be done to make the trip. My last wheeling trip was at spring creek, fell into a hole and then parked her due to damages that I didn't have the time or money to fix.

rguignard
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I hope more step up and go, cause this is my first trip in over 3 years! And I am working my arse off trying to get everything done that needs to be done to make the trip. My last wheeling trip was at spring creek, fell into a hole and then parked her due to damages that I didn't have the time or money to fix.

me too i think more will but i havent heard from them yet

ok lets say meet at 10am
here
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&client=firefox-a&channel=s&ie=UTF8&q=taco+cabana&fb=1&gl=us&ei=BpUfTL7MM4P9nAfQxsSWDg&ved=0CEAQtgMwAw&split=1&rq=1&ev=zo&sll=30.286346,-95.4245&sspn=0.134002,0.215263&radius=7.7&hq=taco+cabana&hnear=&ll=30.262922,-95.456429&spn=0.134034,0.215263&z=12

reddragon72
06-21-2010, 01:50 PM
That sounds good.

Things left on the list
1. front pinion seal.
2. front drive shaft. I'm looking at pulling one and then rebuilding the current for the rear at a later date(SYE)
3. front alignment to get rid of the last little shimmy
4. tire fixed, has a nail in it.

OrangeXJ
06-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Well it looks like I'm out. Won't have front drive shaft back from the shop in time to install it. Sorry guys I'll try to make the next run.

reddragon72
06-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Well it looks like I'm out. Won't have front drive shaft back from the shop in time to install it. Sorry guys I'll try to make the next run.

I'm working on mine and will hopefully have it in tomorrow so I can test it out for a day.

rguignard
06-24-2010, 09:09 AM
ok 2 day left whos all going besides myself and reddragon scott ?

reddragon72
06-24-2010, 12:42 PM
ok 2 day left whos all going besides myself and reddragon scott ?

wait? you listed me twice or just put up both names?

rguignard
06-24-2010, 01:02 PM
wait? you listed me twice or just put up both names?

used both names couse of scott ivy didnt want anyone thinking he would go wheeling :smiley-laughing021:

reddragon72
06-24-2010, 01:29 PM
so there is currently only two of us going... wow there where more last time :confused: Guess everyone is afraid of me since my jeep looks trashed and they think I'm going to go crazy :driving: but I'm not, it is going to be an easy ride because I still have lot to replace on her :D

I have the itch for Moab :drool:

OrangeXJ
06-24-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm not afraid but Rene would have to pull me around like he did the Liberty :smiley-laughing021:

reddragon72
06-24-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm not afraid but Rene would have to pull me around like he did the Liberty :smiley-laughing021:

Why would he have to pull you around? :confused:

Mudderoy
06-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Why would he have to pull you around? :confused:

He's two wheel drive only...

reddragon72
06-24-2010, 06:52 PM
I wheeled for a whole day at the creek with the front shaft out! Bring your happy arse along!

reddragon72
06-25-2010, 01:42 PM
so who we have? it all starts at 10 tomorrow and I'm curious on who all is coming.

rguignard
06-25-2010, 02:25 PM
im in :smiley-laughing021:

reddragon72
06-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Seal done. New shaft done. Alignment after wheeling.

Problem is there are only two of us. What happened to the rest of ya?

bigjim350
06-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Sorry I couldnt make it to Gen Sams today, just got back in town. Id be up for some local wheeling maybe creekside tomorrow. Just give me a call at 832-782-8779(James) if anybody wants to go

reddragon72
06-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Sorry I couldnt make it to Gen Sams today, just got back in town. Id be up for some local wheeling maybe creekside tomorrow. Just give me a call at 832-782-8779(James) if anybody wants to go

I have about 500 pounds of mud to remove before I can go. My jeep used to jar me on every bump, but now it rides like a caddie :rotfl2:

I'm posting up picks in just a few.

XJ4IV
06-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I have about 500 pounds of mud to remove before I can go. My jeep used to jar me on every bump, but now it rides like a caddie :rotfl2:

I'm posting up picks in just a few.

days???
Cmon I wanna see the vids cause I know Rene got some good ones

OrangeXJ
07-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Anyone want to go to Splendora Sat. the 17th? I'm getting a ECTED locker and I want to try it out. :driving:

rguignard
07-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Anyone want to go to Splendora Sat. the 17th? I'm getting a ECTED locker and I want to try it out. :driving:

ill go :smiley-laughing021: and i bet we'll get more to go ill ask at the meet and greet. you going to come up for that ?

Mudderoy
07-07-2010, 08:58 AM
ill go :smiley-laughing021: and i bet we'll get more to go ill ask at the meet and greet. you going to come up for that ?

I may go a$$-well.

reddragon72
07-07-2010, 09:11 AM
We should be good to go, but we'll have a couple kiddos with us(8 and 10). Kinda a family run or something.

Mudderoy
07-07-2010, 09:19 AM
We should be good to go, but we'll have a couple kiddos with us(8 and 10). Kinda a family run or something.

I'll probably have my daughters with me.

rguignard
07-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I'll probably have my daughters with me.

it will be my and the dog but nancy will come over after work. is anyone up to going up there at least once a month maybe 2 times a month becouse ill email cole who runs the place and see if we cant get a good rate when we come ?

reddragon72
07-07-2010, 10:15 AM
it will be my and the dog but nancy will come over after work. is anyone up to going up there at least once a month maybe 2 times a month becouse ill email cole who runs the place and see if we cant get a good rate when we come ?

see if they will do a "club" rate. I know that TX4WD used to get those at parks. And I'll try and have my stickers done and on by then as well.