PDA

View Full Version : Chico area trail run

4.3LXJ
05-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Talked to Mark today. We will have a trail run down Cohassett in the Chico area which starts just 2 mi from his house in Forrest Ranch. We will meet and stage there. This is about a 3-4 hour run, should be nice and leisurely. PM if interested.

xj4life2
05-11-2010, 08:01 PM
Well your kinda right , Its 2 miles from my house in Paradise and its off Cohassett rd down Jordan hill rd to the lookout and back if thats the one you want to do. Its nothing technical just a trail run, there is a rock pile or two to play on if you want to and a great view from the top. You can swim at wiskey flats if its hot out. Anyway let me know !!!

nismo5
05-11-2010, 09:27 PM
alright im confused i know mark lives in paradise and i thought steve was talkin bout wheeling from forest ranch through cohasset down to chico or are we talkin bout wheelin out to wiskey flats from paradise ???????

4.3LXJ
05-11-2010, 10:33 PM
There is a trail I have not been on called the Cohassett trail. Also there is one that joins it called the Pelegreen Jeep trail

http://books.google.com/books?id=MJHWuvL5WpcC&pg=PA295&lpg=PA295&dq=Cohasset+trail+ca&source=bl&ots=OWzebwSgEj&sig=LnB9q7Bn6QfYJs5sZk1FYrYosmo&hl=en&ei=nxzqS_rtIIT-sgPhu5XWCQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCEQ6AEwAg#v=onepage&q=Cohasset%20trail%20ca&f=false

Check area #44 They name it a 6 difficulty rating which is a technical trail. This is sort of what I had in mind. Apparently there is more than one trail called the Cohassett trail locally.

4.3LXJ
05-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Now after all the hoopla I find I am obligated to be in Anguin on the 16, Sunday. We can still make it Sat afternoon if you all want or we can save it for the next week in which Mark cannot come or we can go Memorial weekend. However I was sort of planning to go to Eagle Lakes on that weekend myself, which we can do as a group also. Lots of fun stuff there too. Minimum 31s and 2" lift on those trails unless you want to try the bottom of Fordyce which they say requires 33s and lockers. I made it quite a ways up there years ago with 32s not aired down and open diffs.

nismo5
05-11-2010, 11:16 PM
im not a good decision maker on trips right now because i have no jeep :( and mike is dealing with finals and then leaving for the summer so ill prolly make some meets and easy trail runs in the nissan with you guys if i can but open diffs and ifs only get you so far lol hopefully i have a jeep sooner than later damn family

xj4life2
05-12-2010, 11:46 AM
Ok so mabey I'm the confused one ..... anyway my offer is still good or we can go the other way. Nismo could make this one with his , as my daughter has done this one in a stock 2wd toyota. anyway let me know, the Eagle lake sounds great never been there but we (the company) will be at the fair that weekend so I'm out. As Steve said I'm in Oregon on the 20th to the 23rd. Hmmmm ok more discussion needed

nismo5
05-12-2010, 06:07 PM
hahaha yeah i think we need to have a meet just to have a meet:smiley-laughing021::smiley-laughing021::rotfl2: